Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
8 team playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

8 team playoff

Dec 15, 2018, 3:39 PM

This is how I would set it up:

First, we would eliminate divisions within conferences and eliminate the conference championship games. Getting rid of divisions would allow for a better rotation of inter conference play. The conference championship games have been lame for a while with how most of the divisions within conferences are lopsided. We will still have conference champions. The team with the best conference record, wins the conference, if their is a tie, then go to head to head, if no head to head, then the team with the highest rank wins the conference. This system in my opinion would make the regular season games even more important not less.

So all 5 conference champions get in, and then we have 3 at large that get in. So the first round of the playoff will be during the current conference championship weekend. The higher seeded team gets to play at home. This will give us an extra home game. Under this system we would have played the #7 ranked team Michigan this year. ( What game would you rather watch, having Michigan at home or playing Pitt in Charlotte) Then the final 4 teams play the same schedule we have set up now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 team playoff

Dec 15, 2018, 3:44 PM

I’m a fan of the 4 team playoff. So what if someone gets left out. Outside of the last 4 years every championship game played left out 3 power 5 conferences. The last 3 years it’s been a lot of discussion about the 4 seed. That’s what makes it fun. All the debating on who’s in and who’s not. If it’s that hard to pick the 4th best team what do you think will happen trying to pick the 8th. More than likely the 8th seed is a at large with 2 or 3 losses. There will be at least 7 teams that can be. Leave it at 4.

Someone else here said this first (and better than I'm going to), but

Dec 15, 2018, 3:50 PM

4 teams seemed like enough when it was assumed the ACC would be the Power 5 conference getting left out more often than not. Dabo flipped the scr*pt, though, and now the others wanna change it up again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 team playoff

Dec 15, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: 8 team playoff ]

I'm fine with 4, but if there were going to push the 8 team, I feel that would be the best way to do it. It would enhance the regular season with more frequent match ups we rarely see with the current rotation

If you get rid of divisions and Conf Champ games

Dec 15, 2018, 3:58 PM

You need to realign back to smaller conferences. Have eight 10-team Power conferences. You play everyone with nine conference games and still have 3 OOC games. All champs go to the playoff.

80 teams have a shot. Prove it on the field. No whining. Committee does the seeding. That should have enough controversy for TV and sportswriters to get their hoaring dollars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic