Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5-star talent overcame 2-star coaching and prep today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,044

5-star talent overcame 2-star coaching and prep today.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:03 PM

I love Dabo and our whole staff and have been "all in" from day one, and I would not trade them for any others in the country. But today, there's no other way to spin it. Our DBs showed a frightening lack of fundamentals. Our Oline is easily rendered totally ineffective, taking the greatest running back in ACC history right down with it. Stupid penalties, questionable play calling, apparent confusion on defense, it was all there. A real head scratcher. Thank God for DJ and Bresee, and thank you Dabo and staff for recruiting them; they saved your butts today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: 5-star talent overcame 2-star coaching and prep today.

Oct 31, 2020, 4:06 PM

I don’t agree with all of this, but you are right, the coaching was lost today. You left out the xtra point debacle.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 4:09 PM

but we have 5 star fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 4:10 PM

I love Dabo and our whole staff and have been "all in" from day one, and I would not trade them for any others in the country. But today, there's no other way to spin it. Our DBs showed a frightening lack of fundamentals. Our Oline is easily rendered totally ineffective, taking the greatest running back in ACC history right down with it. Stupid penalties, questionable play calling, apparent confusion on defense, it was all there. A real head scratcher. Thank God for DJ and Bresee, and thank you Dabo and staff for recruiting them; they saved your butts today.

Want to blame coaches for being awful today u have to give them credit too...defense absolutely shut down BC in second half and we forced two turnovers but just had poor decisions by our players, not coaches, that cost us there.

Play calling was fine, u can't say give it to ETN all the time and then say our oline sucks....that goes hand in hand you know.

We found multiple ways to get him the ball and he did fine.

Our last 2 drives were three and put bc of execution ....not coaching play calls.

If we complete a 15 yd pass on first down, do you say that's poor coaching, shoulda ran it for 3 yds there?

Give our coaches credit, that's why we are where we are. There were some dumb me moments but didn't act like the boys said screw those guys, went off the sheet and won it all on their own like varsity blues and dabo is bud kilmer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 4:10 PM

Want to blame coaches for being awful today u have to give them credit too...defense absolutely shut down BC in second half and we forced two turnovers but just had poor decisions by our players, not coaches, that cost us there.

Play calling was fine, u can't say give it to ETN all the time and then say our oline sucks....that goes hand in hand you know.

We found multiple ways to get him the ball and he did fine.

Our last 2 drives were three and put bc of execution ....not coaching play calls.

If we complete a 15 yd pass on first down, do you say that's poor coaching, shoulda ran it for 3 yds there?

Give our coaches credit, that's why we are where we are. There were some dumb me moments but didn't act like the boys said screw those guys, went off the sheet and won it all on their own like varsity blues and dabo is bud kilmer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 4:12 PM

uh, the score came down to 3 plays, two roughing the passer calls and the fumble return for a TD. Tackling was not great today, and the 2 false starts killed some drives, but we beat them pretty soundly despite what the score board said. Considering we were down 5 key starters and BC jumped out to a quick lead, we did what champions do and blew them out in the second half with a lot of back ups getting reps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won, and if that's all that matters, then it's all good.***

Oct 31, 2020, 4:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 31, 2020, 4:12 PM

Agree ST -- and Swinney would too. Offense and Defense were not fully staffed today ... but SPECIAL TEAMS were a disaster and Clemson needs a full-time SPECIAL TEAMS coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,044
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic