Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,929

5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20

Dec 17, 2017, 3:20 PM

http://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/5-star-uga-target-jamaree-salyer-will-now-decide-dec-20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tweeted from Athens Ga too...

Dec 17, 2017, 3:22 PM

Good sign for Uga.

Maybe you will actually win something now...but I doubt it.***

Dec 17, 2017, 3:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They just won the SEC championship

Dec 17, 2017, 3:34 PM

conference championships are a big deal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, even if they bomb in LA, their season is a success.

Dec 17, 2017, 3:54 PM

Silly to pretend otherwise.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20

Dec 17, 2017, 3:23 PM

https://goo.gl/images/oHLexQ

Dec 17, 2017, 3:27 PM

Signing prospects has never been UGA's problem.

Developing them once they sign, keeping them focused, un-arrested, and off the dope and drugs has been the far bigger problem.

Athens is a great place to find a girl or a party, won't ever argue that. But is that necessarily a good thing?

Well, yes that is a good thing***

Dec 17, 2017, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20 ]

> Signing prospects has never been UGA's problem.
>
> Developing them once they sign, keeping them focused,
> un-arrested, and off the dope and drugs has been the
> far bigger problem.
>
> Athens is a great place to find a girl or a party,
> won't ever argue that. But is that necessarily a
> good thing?

Oh, here we go......CMR never recruited at our current level and Kirby's done a marvelous job developing his players...and Richt's as well. Not an easy thing to accomplish when your changing the culture of a program but CKS has managed to do just that in less than two seasons. You do realize GA has been in a rebuilding year right?

And.....Athens is undefeated when you start to compare college towns.

Dope and "Drugs?"......we had a couple of kid's smoking some weed and most of the arrests were misdemeanor charges.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:15 PM

Yeah, rebuilding with Chubb and Michel was tough, and Athens is ########. Been there once, it was enough. Glad y'all graduate 55% of your players, I guess the rest either get arrested or transfer to Louisville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I checked

Dec 17, 2017, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20 ]

Todd Gurley
Nick Chubb
Keith Marshall
Sony Michel
Aaron Murray
Lorenzo Carter

They weren't recruited by Kirby to go to UGA. Richt got you solid classes. I think his last year there he got you the #8 recruiting class (that Kirby is using now to get you to a playoff). Don't be a DA.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really do not think he can help it. Low IQs are usually a

Dec 17, 2017, 4:22 PM

genetic thing. Appears to be dominant among this fan base. Possibly a result of severe inbreeding.

Re: Last time I checked

Dec 17, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Last time I checked ]

They probably had one of the top 5 most talented rosters in the country going into the year, that's not rebuilding, it's just not running off the tracks.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Last time I checked ]

As long as Georgia is not playing Clemson I could really care less if they win or lose. However, 53% graduation rate is downright embarrassing. They should care more for their players than that. Those players put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into playing football and the colleges make millions off of that hard work. Georgia should do a much better job monitoring and helping their student athletes with completing their degrees. As a parent, the graduation rate of a college football program would be one of the first things that I would look at. Will my child be treated like a human being or just a piece of meat.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:43 PM

It's a lot like Auburn with their approved majors for football players. I've never been a huge proponent for paying players but the way some of "the win at all costs" programs in the SEC operate from time to time makes me rethink that.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20 ]

I don't think anyone that watches college football would have said UGA was in a rebuilding year this year... Returned your QB, both your running backs, signed a top tier class last year... Just asking for pity it seems. "couple of kids smoking weed" UGA is known for it's high amounts of arrests, 3 in 1 or 2 weeks... Come on dude that's just pathetic.

Dec 17, 2017, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 5-star Jamaree Salyer will now decide on Dec. 20 ]

Revisionist history... UGA has been recruiting top classes longer than Clemson. They just have not been able to do anything with it. UGA was lucky the SeLeast was down and they dodged Bama.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,929
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic