Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
44th straight season for the Clemson Baseball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

44th straight season for the Clemson Baseball...

Apr 24, 2018, 10:27 PM

program reaching 30 Wins.I know that this day and time your season is measured on reaching 40 Wins but still to go that many seasons consecutively getting to 30 victories and then over that,that's a pretty good accomplishment for a Baseball program to pull off.Heck a lotta teams can't even get outta the 20's consistently much less get to 30 wins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 44th straight season for the Clemson Baseball...

Apr 24, 2018, 10:39 PM

Yes it is one heck of a statement. How they don’t have a Natty is beyond me. It’s tough in any college sports but especially tough in baseball.

I’d be surprised if Monte doesn’t have one before he’s done. It’s just such a crapshoot in baseball recruiting. Hats off to LSU for having 6.

Then again they support their baseball down there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2018, 10:46 PM

Believe it or not LSU was not that good for many many years until Skip Bertman came on as head coach.After he got there they were world beaters year after year season after season dominating the SEC and Nationally doing really well.

Apr 24, 2018, 10:58 PM

Yes he was... and since they’ve only won once 10 yrs ago. Yeah they’re really ancy down there too about this year. Can’t imagine what they’re saying getting swept by the coots.

You think Monte will do it? Do you like the philosophy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2018, 11:15 PM

I want to think so.He is only in season 3 so time will tell.I am hoping a lot of Ray Tanner rubbed off on him while he was an assistant at South Carolina.Speaking of Monte's Baseball philosophy,have you ever seen his 10 part interview that Hit Run Steal had with him.Listen to it if you have time it's pretty good stuff...https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hit+Run++Steal+with+monte+lee

Apr 25, 2018, 12:08 AM

I think I’d seen a couple of them but not the whole series. Can’t thank you enough for posting this. It’ll be a perfect project for me at work tomorrow!!!

Really appreciate your knowledge of baseball and enjoy your posts, as well as supporting our Tiger golf team. Tough luck coming in second at the acc championship last weekend. Tech’s players just complemented each other extremely well.

Turk had such a great spring, especially while Doc was at the pga events. I’m excited this team can go deep in the tournament.

Thanks again.

Apr 25, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: 44th straight season for the Clemson Baseball... ]

Monte won’t take clemson even to the cws as a coach !! Only coach to ever lose back to back home regionals. U said it best he’s a coot horry y’all got what u asked for!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, since Bill Wilhelm took over in 1958

Apr 25, 2018, 12:10 AM

the Tigers have had 60 straight winning seasons - over .500 for 60 straight years. Not sure what the record is, but 60 straight is pretty impressive.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic