Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
37 years as a Tiger Fan....some observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

37 years as a Tiger Fan....some observations

Nov 29, 2014, 7:51 PM

I detest USuCk just as I did when I was a young man. I hope they lose every single game they play in every sport, including scrimmages.

I get the same feeling every time I see the Tigers run down the Hill...the same feeling I got in 1977 at my first game in DV, the ND game that sealed my passion for the Tigers for life.

I wonder if I will ever mature in the sense that so many older fans do....the ones who say things like, "I hope they do good except when they play us", etc...."they are from SC too so I pull for them when they don't play us"....this goes for both Chicken and Tiger fans. I'm glad I'm still a young man at heart because I ####### despise them and always will. I hope we blast them in the teeth every time we play them and watching them slink out of DV feels just like it did when I was 10 in 1978 at my first Chicken/Tiger game.

I have zero use for the fans who worry about having good seats and say crap about "I hope it is a good game..."....memo to you, you are not a Tiger fan because a Tiger fan will sit on the light tower to watch them play and a Tiger fan wants to see teams beat in the #### teeth with about 10 Tiger helmets pounding them into the ground on every single play....good game my ###....

I cannot deal with Tiger fans who pull for FSU because they are an ACC team. FSU is an absolute abortion of a program that is a disgrace to CFB. They do not deserve to be in the same conference that we are in. Jimbo Fisher is an enabling SOB who I hope gets his teeth kicked in in the playoffs and him and his renegade, lawless, characterless program can slime back to Tallyland in shame. I hope they get blasted and if an SEC team does it, so be it. I detest them and have since the snake oil salesman Bowden was running that ########.

Dabo will retire the greatest Tiger coach in history while running a program that never gets slammed by the NCAA, grads players, plays hard, is ALL IN, and makes us proud to be Clemson fans at all times...unlike the FSU's, USuCk's, and Georgia's of the world who'll sell their mothers to win.

The next Tiger fan who tells me that Richt is a good man, etc....yada, yada, will get a history lesson. Memo to Tiger fans under 35....Georgia is about an eyelash less of scumbags than the Chickens are and if you don't despise UGa as a Tiger fan, you have zero concept of history and you need to sit down with someone who can school you.

After 37 years, I am the die hard Tiger fan that I have always been and I thank God every day that I got exposed to it by my Uncle and Pop, who happened to be an ND fan. Though he wasn't a Tiger, I thank him for showing me how much can be added to your life when you are a passionate fan....so many memories of Tiger football and all that comes with it...I cannot be around those who don't get the passion....I don't want good games, I don't want SC to be good when we play them, I don't give a #### about the ACC, I don't give a #### about the SEC.....I care about the orange and purple and the Paw, the Hill, Howard's Rock, and the passion for Tiger football that has added so much to my life that I wouldn't trade it for anything on earth. I didn't go to Clemson, but I'm a Tiger for life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it brother

Nov 29, 2014, 7:55 PM

F USuck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preach it brother

Nov 30, 2014, 8:17 AM

Can I get an AMEN!!! Great post Tiger Brother!

Hard core, and thumbs up.***

Nov 29, 2014, 7:58 PM

Re: 37 years as a Tiger Fan....some observations

Nov 29, 2014, 8:00 PM

exactly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nice post, youngster

Nov 29, 2014, 8:03 PM

??

So What You Really Want Is Nationwide Clemson Domination?>>>

Nov 29, 2014, 8:16 PM

I can see that.

Re: So What You Really Want Is Nationwide Clemson Domination?>>>

Nov 29, 2014, 8:46 PM

Nicely said. Have been a Tiger fan since 58. Didn't get to go to Clemson because of the Vietnam war. Will always be a tiger fan. Just wish I could be there for more games but too far to drive. I do come to the valley a couple of times each year and if they are close enough I make an effort to go,like next year when they play U of L and the following year at ND. Love my TIGERS.

Nov 29, 2014, 9:02 PM

Agree 110%. First tiger game in 1970. Remember the days when Dooley just loved to complement Clemson in our annual beat down... that is until Danny came along.

Nov 29, 2014, 9:06 PM

I will NEVER ever pull for the Lamecocks in anything.

You Sir, Are A Genius

Nov 30, 2014, 6:36 AM

and truer words have never been spoken.

You tell 'em!

Nov 30, 2014, 6:53 AM

That's the way it should be! BTW, I became a fan the same year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 30, 2014, 8:13 AM

Amen brother all the way!! What a great beat down yesterday!!!!!!! Our tigers brought them to their knees and I'm so #### proud of them and our coaches!!!! Go tigers!!!??

Nov 30, 2014, 8:23 AM

Great post. I love it. I was at both the ND game and #### game that year as a student and those games made me a fan for life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic