Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
325 IPTAY Points
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,314

325 IPTAY Points

Dec 4, 2012, 11:47 AM

According to the email I received the other day about CFA tickets, I need to have 325 IPTAY points to be able to buy lower level tickets.

Let's look at three cases.

1. IPTAY donor for 25 years, and currently at the "IPTAY" level, which is $2800.

That's 25 points for 25 consecutive years, and 20 points for being at the "IPTAY" level.

So 325 - 25 - 20 = 280 points from cumulative giving. At $250/point, that means in order to have 325 points I need to have donated a total of $70,000 to IPTAY in 25 years. That's $2800 every single year.

2. 50 year donor currently at the minimum level ($140 and 1 point), I would need cumulative donation of $68,500, or $1370/year.

3. 5 year donor at the Heisman level ($10,000 and 100 points) the cumulative amount is $55,000 and $11,000/year.

Discouraging for the average Joe Clemson fan out there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

...did i hear my name?***

Dec 4, 2012, 11:48 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why God invented Stubhub

Dec 4, 2012, 11:50 AM

Better seats than you can get through IPTAY for about the same or a just little more money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And why Clemson at times has trouble filling it's allotment

Dec 4, 2012, 11:52 AM

to bowls, even though there will be a bunch of orange in the stands.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well are YOU ALL IN or not? The phrase from a movie comes

Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 AM

to mind "have they ever loved you back?"

I learned my lesson when I tried to order tickets to last

Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 AM

years ACC Championship game...Stub Hub is the only way to go for me!

Re: 325 IPTAY Points

Dec 4, 2012, 11:58 AM

You make your money from eyeballs on TV sets and big donors.
A bunch of fans giving you little in donations isn't worth as much as a few donors giving a lot.

71 members at the minimum is equal to one Heisman donor.

Every dollar donated isn't equal either. Those dollars given over 50 years also got that member 50 years of benefits. That Heisman level donor is kicking in a lot of dough every year now. You would rather have him happy than the 50 year member.

^^^^^^a beautiful mind at work^^^^***

Dec 4, 2012, 12:05 PM

Except that isn't who have the most points

Dec 4, 2012, 12:27 PM

I have been an IPTAY donor for more than 20 years and have through the years have increased my donations from $200/yr to more than $2,500/yr. That gets me upper deck bowl tickets.

I don't much have a problem with they guys giving $10,000/yr getting better tickets. My issue is with the people who continue to get tickets based on IPTAY donations made by someone's dead father/grandfather. IPTAY officially doesn't allow memberships to transfer from one person to another but it most certainly does happen. If they cleaned that up then you would have more "average Joes" feeling like the system was fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and sit in great season ticket seats in some dead guys name. Because those

Dec 4, 2012, 2:06 PM

seats "have been in the family for generations."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Should be spelled IPTAY$ 'cause...

Dec 4, 2012, 12:39 PM

Their motto now is It's a Pleasure Taking All Your $. They are all about the cash just like every other major program. I quit giving a long time ago because of this kind of thing. If and when I want to go to a game. Stubhub and Tigertickets are my best friend. I've never had a problem finding tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Well.... If the average joe hadn't been giving $250

Dec 4, 2012, 12:39 PM

good hard money for 25 years....We wouldn't have the "heisman" sponsors or whatever now.

Never made sense to me, but they dont care***

Dec 4, 2012, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

My problem is with the number of tickets that some of the

Dec 4, 2012, 1:22 PM

higher points folks can get in the lower level. I have no problem with them getting SOME great seats. But not all. If they want a lot together, then they should have to move farther away. Or get some close and the rest in the upper levels. The 25 year member should be able to get a couple of lower level tickets IMO, but only two! Clemson wants their cake and eat it too. They want the lower points to buy the tickets to the bowl games they can't sell out (and then whine about not selling them all), but they sell them only crappy tickets to the "popular" bowls. Wonder why the lower points folks buy straight form the stadium? Because CU sells them crap!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree. 14 tix for the Heisman donors just encourages the

Dec 4, 2012, 2:09 PM

extended family/leeches that try to hold on to "their" great seats after the old man has died.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: 325 IPTAY Points

Dec 4, 2012, 1:38 PM

Welcome to "big-time" college football. You have to pay the piper if you want to join the ride.

I've been an IPTAY member 12 years.

Dec 4, 2012, 2:38 PM

I have about 108 points. You can do the math and determine if I've paid the piper yet.

Apparently I haven't according to IPTAY.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic