Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 game winning streak
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,561

3 game winning streak

Feb 24, 2020, 11:45 AM

And some of you are ready to give this guy an extension I’d bet... smh

Nothing would make me happier then to be wrong about this. Nothing! But I just don’t see it. Brownell has lost me.... 10 years was long enough.

At some point you have to connect the dots and convert. Brownell simply hasn’t done enough to justify keeping his job. After being pre season ranked and not even making the tournament with a loaded roster tells me what I need to know, and even if you write that off as “ just a bad year “ then I say look at his 10 years.

Please make me look wrong brownell. I would love to see a crazy finish and sneak into the tournament. But 10 years of data with you tells me I’m probably not wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 game winning streak

Feb 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

*Pre season ranked last season

Look, I'm not shy about criticizing CBB, but I will also

Feb 24, 2020, 11:55 AM

be quick to give praise where it's due. The fact that we have beaten 2 top-10 teams this year and are even in some, albeit remote, conversation about potentially making the tournament with the young roster and early injuries, is remarkable and a testament to a great coaching job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Look, I'm not shy about criticizing CBB, but I will also

Feb 24, 2020, 12:23 PM

I’m staying optimistic about the situation so I agree with you but on the flip side, it’s hard to argue that an experienced team next year will do any better. We already had this before when we had both guards and big man come back. Only lost Gabe devoe and had already learned to play without grantham. We missed the tourney. So experience doesn’t guarantee anything for Brownell. I think it’s different now because we have guys that will be around for 2/3 more years that will help AND he’s recruiting good high school players. We should start to see more consistency.

Feb 24, 2020, 12:47 PM

I'm not here to tell you Brownell is a great coach but there is one distinct difference between the expected team next season and the team last season.

The 18-19 team had those returning seniors you are speaking of but that's absolutely all they had that had proven to be productive at all entering the season.

The upcoming 20-21 team (unless we continue to lose players to transfer) will have similar returning seniors to the 18-19 team but will also have sophomores and juniors with loads of experience who have already proven they can contribute immensely. The second line of players contributing will take pressure off of the guys being thrown into games for the first time.

The overall talent for the two teams may or may not be similar, but the consistency with a much larger returning core should be a lot better next season.

Feb 26, 2020, 9:25 AM

I totally agree although I will add 18/19 did have Simms and Skara as well but past that we weren’t nearly as deep as we could be next year. To your point

sorry about the TU.***

Feb 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I even'd it out for you.***

Feb 24, 2020, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 26, 2020, 7:19 AM

I bet some of you are shocked we lost to Georgia tech.

Cut bait now! This is the same story over and over with the same ending.

Feb 29, 2020, 6:36 PM

1 game winning streak now. 3 game winning streak against top 10 teams though

And a decent shot at another 3 game winning streak

Feb 29, 2020, 6:38 PM

We are light years better that the first game with VT. GT at home a better matchup.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,561
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic