Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019 Tigers need help in one area - BETTER LUCK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241

2019 Tigers need help in one area - BETTER LUCK

Aug 20, 2019, 3:32 PM

I've watched all the 2018-19 games lots of times. It's hard to be critical of a team that went 15 & 0 & won the Natty. But I'm not even criticizing - just saying we need BETTER LUCK.

Fumble recoveries did not seem to go our way enough. It wasn't from lack of effort - it seemed to be the shape of the old football & how it bounces, rolls & slides. Not like our guys didn't try 110% for the recoveries - a lot of the ones we didn't get were due to plain dumb luck; sometimes missing by milliseconds.

The D caused its share of fumbles (about as good as a TFL or a sack) - just didn't get the takeaways as much.
Same thing if we had offensive fumbles (not an abnormal amount) - but a lot of those became turnovers.

Nationally, on all kinds of fumbles that can happen on both sides of the ball, CU last year ranked 106th, recovering about 42.5%. In contrast the top 5-10 teams (from a recovery standpoint) had fumble retention rates of about 70%.

The effort's there - we just need a better bounce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with last year's luck

Aug 20, 2019, 3:46 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al & WORLD CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: 2019 Tigers need help in one area - BETTER LUCK

Aug 20, 2019, 4:27 PM

It’s been addressed. Turns out that The Oculus’ “fun circuit” was dialed up just a bit too high which resulted in laughing at the SEC, causing The Oculus to be slightly distracted. They’ve corrected that by turning up The Oculus’ “compassion circuit”. Oddly enough, dialing up the compassion circuit produces a quicker, cleaner beatdown. Less suffering = more compassion = faster beatdown.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic