Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 Recruiting numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

2015 Recruiting numbers

Feb 7, 2014, 11:46 AM

From a numbers perspective, the 2015 needs look to be:

QB - 2
RB - 1
WR - 1
TE/FB - 1
OL - 5

DT - 4
DE - 5
LB - 1
S - 3
CB - 3
ST - 0

Total: 26 recruits - Heavy on the trench warriors

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that's going to leave us thin at the ST position***

Feb 7, 2014, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Man, that's going to leave us thin at the ST position***

Feb 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

what about kickers and placeholder!?!?

might start to grow thin there if we don't recruit for it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

And long snapper, punt returners, and kickoff returners

Feb 7, 2014, 11:53 AM

You have to think about your future rosters with recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^^knows recruiting

Feb 7, 2014, 11:54 AM

should work for Scout!

;)

Actually Dabo should hire me as recruiting coordinator

Feb 7, 2014, 11:56 AM

Not only would I be able to bring in the #1 recruit at every position, but I'd be able to trim the recruiting budget significantly

Do you really think

Feb 7, 2014, 11:58 AM

you cna get the #1 Long Snapper and #1 placeholder to come to Clemson!?!?

Hire him Dabo!!

It's a simple process really

Feb 7, 2014, 12:06 PM

Step 1 - search the recruiting sites to see who the #1 player is at those positions

Step 2 - give those players an offer

Step 3 - kid commits because Dabo said Clemson sells itself

That means no time or money wasted viewing film, talking to coaches, making trips, watching games, etc.

3 Step Processes

Feb 7, 2014, 12:09 PM

the way of the future!!

Cost effective and quality returns

Re: 3 Step Processes

we all need to get lives

Re: 3 Step Processes

Feb 7, 2014, 12:11 PM

i bet our bosses would say that if they cancel our tnet accounts we would become effective. if that happens we can all go work for Dabo at clemson as recruiting analysts, then he will decide that we are smarter most importantly GWP and name him HC

It really warms my heart to see you're finally coming over

Feb 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

to my side of the argument

He finally got to you huh?

Feb 7, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 Step Processes ]

I'm disappointed that you caved :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i was going to make a motion that we move sirius football

Feb 7, 2014, 12:41 PM

thursdays to friday, until the moment 81tiger81 capitulated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just goes to show you can't argue against common sense

Feb 7, 2014, 12:43 PM

forever, eventually you're going to realize you're wrong

i hope someone returns my

Feb 7, 2014, 12:46 PM

photo download1_zps127e132e.jpg

don't know when it'll come in handy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think bob still has it

Feb 7, 2014, 12:48 PM

since 81t81 refused it

Yes I still have it. I was going to venture over to the

Feb 7, 2014, 12:50 PM

Lunge this afternoon and figured I'd need it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then you keep it and i'll send along the cooler attachment

Feb 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

& warming oil... you'll need both.

smh

Yep, and it would prevent Alabama from ever

Feb 7, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to 3 Step Processes ]

having a better recruiting class than Clemson.

i'm not sure a 3 step process will appease HR, but we

Feb 7, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to 3 Step Processes ]

can certainly build off GWPTiger's excellent suggestion & solid foundation.

Re: And long snapper, punt returners, and kickoff returners

Feb 7, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to And long snapper, punt returners, and kickoff returners ]

artavis scott was a good pull for the return game but unfortunately he wasnt a 5 star so he will 100% suck so nevermind

When I look at his recruiting profile, he's listed as a WR

Feb 7, 2014, 11:57 AM

not a PR/KR. So somebody is wrong.

There is a big difference in those positions too

Feb 7, 2014, 11:59 AM

one catches passes from a QB while the other two catch kicks!!

Re: There is a big difference in those positions too

Feb 7, 2014, 12:07 PM

most of the time KR and PR are done in high school by your best skill athlete, can be WR, RB, DB, sometimes even DL Carlos Dunlap returned kicks for Fort Dorchester in high school and was a beast

maybe if the dorchester coach used the middle skewl

recruiting sites, he wouldn't have had to use carlos in that role?

Excellent point dsp

These high school coaches should really use the tools they're given. Bring a middle school PR/KR up to the high school team when the kid hits 9th grade, and there's no longer any need to use skill position kids to fill those roles.

Re: maybe if the dorchester coach used the middle skewl

Feb 7, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to maybe if the dorchester coach used the middle skewl ]

except Carlos was 6'7 and no one could catch him and if they did they couldnt tackle him. lets let vic beasely return kicks and then Hyatt when he gets here

Hyatt will most likely be stuck on special teams anyway

Feb 7, 2014, 12:13 PM

after we go get the #1 OT

he plays basketball too, so maybe brownlee can find a spot

Feb 7, 2014, 12:21 PM

for him at the end of the bench?

If he can help get our offense above the 45 point mark

Feb 7, 2014, 12:24 PM

I'd say start him.

i find it hard to believe carlos was the best possible

Feb 7, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe if the dorchester coach used the middle skewl ]

option the dorchester coaching staff could have garnered or carlos would have been returning kicks at florida university, home of the gators.

no, i think the dorchester coaching staff was just too lazy to do it the right way or too busy drinking coca colas with middle skewl coaches, when they should have been saving time on the interwebs.

doesn't ft dorchester's lack of state championships galvanize my point?

Re: i find it hard to believe carlos was the best possible

Feb 7, 2014, 12:23 PM

its university of florida

I believe "FU" is appropriate when discussing Florida***

Feb 7, 2014, 12:25 PM

exactly.***

Feb 7, 2014, 12:31 PM

i'm pretty sure it's the home of the gators; nevertheless

Feb 7, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: i find it hard to believe carlos was the best possible ]

it's good we finally agree on the important part.

carlos wasn't a 5* kr or placeholder & had he been, he would have returned kicks @ the marsh, home of the gators.

Re: i'm pretty sure it's the home of the gators; nevertheless

Feb 7, 2014, 12:31 PM

its the swamp

it's "it's" and i'm pretty sure it's the home of the gators

Feb 7, 2014, 12:39 PM

photo images_zps6c316d54.jpg

hopefully this puts it to rest once and for all.

still, i'm glad we worked out carlos' lack of production at kr during his salad days playing in tallahassee.

A picture tells 1,000 words

Feb 7, 2014, 12:41 PM

in this case, it tells 5 words "Home of the Florida Gators" aka the marsh, aka FU's stadium

i detect, like me, you're endowed

Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM

with the gift of gab.

Do you know what the football stadium is called at the

Feb 7, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to A picture tells 1,000 words ]

University of Florida State?

why yes, bob...

Feb 7, 2014, 12:48 PM

i do.

Re: it's "it's" and i'm pretty sure it's the home of the gators

Feb 7, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to it's "it's" and i'm pretty sure it's the home of the gators ]

they changed their name...its now the UF Tebows

Are you sure about that?

Feb 7, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a big difference in those positions too ]

Seems a little like a reach to me!

Re: Are you sure about that?

Feb 7, 2014, 12:13 PM

promise, i played against him in the playoffs in the 06 season

So you're admittedly

Feb 7, 2014, 12:17 PM

a player

Re: So you're admittedly

Feb 7, 2014, 12:19 PM

admittedly a former

Re: Man, that's going to leave us thin at the ST position***

Feb 7, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, that's going to leave us thin at the ST position*** ]

you dont usually recruit placeholders and longsnappers but with alex spence we might be ok with the walk ons we will have remember catman was a former walkon

I was hoping to land a couple of 5 star holders and snappers

Feb 7, 2014, 11:55 AM

to eventually become 4 or 3 stars after committing!

Re: 2015 Recruiting numbers- Nice work

Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

but I think you left a digit off for w/r's. Isnt it usually 10-12? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 Recruiting numbers

we need kelly bryant to meet QB quota
taj griffin for RB
George Campbell for WR
Garrett Williams TE
Fruhmorgen, Edoga, and Bailey for OL

Haven't looked into DL as much

appears you took gwp's solid recruiting advice and ID'd

Feb 7, 2014, 11:56 AM

the tops from rivals, scout & espin.

you could have done a lot worse in picking mentors.

I hope that one WR

Is George Campbell. I think he will be the next Calvin Johnson

Right now it's Shad Bell

They would forgo a TE or a DB for Campbell though.

Re: Right now it's Shad Bell

Feb 7, 2014, 12:14 PM

or we could just blue shirt them like tennessee

Feb 7, 2014, 12:18 PM

The two gray shirt brothers will count as 2 LB for 2015.

Feb 7, 2014, 12:20 PM

can we undo that one

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic