Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2014 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,259

2014 season

Feb 8, 2014, 6:44 PM

Is it just me or are some other people very optimistic about this upcoming season? We are returning the most seniors we have ever had under Dabo and we have a defense that is looking like it could be the best in the nation. I know the concerns on offense but i just have a really good feeling that we will surprise a lot of people on that side of the ball. Comments?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2014 season

Feb 8, 2014, 6:58 PM

Best in the country ???

Clemson was 63rd last year out of 120 team in total defense.

Clemson is going to move from the bottom half of defenses all the way to the best ???? Wow.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1042/p2

Feb 8, 2014, 7:06 PM

Idk what that ranking system takes into account but i do know clemson finished top 5 in several statistics and we are pretty much bringing the entire D back. I don't understand how you can say they won't be one of the best defenses.. Our D line is bringing everyone back are secondary is going to be better and our LBs have the potential to be even better. Maybe i just don't know but to my eyes we have a heck of a defense

Yes, TerriercootFans will be saying Wow!***

Feb 8, 2014, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2014, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28

Try this. Now tell me which of the 23 teams above return more starters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this one:

Feb 9, 2014, 5:20 AM

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/467

We're going to be playing on the other side of the line. Led the nation by 1 more TFL than the 2nd place team. It will get even better...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't you be over at FGF

Feb 8, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

Figuring which players haven't recovered from injury or bulked up fast enough. You guys have some cuts to make. Also good luck with your QB. You won't be able to shoot Conner Shaw's shoulder up at half time next year.

Re: Shouldn't you be over at FGF

Feb 8, 2014, 7:23 PM

They're all crying about basketball over there so I guess he thought it'd be more fun over here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2014, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

Interested in working out a friendly wager so you can put your money where your mouth is or is that concept too expensive for you?

Feb 8, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

Hey FK Boi weirder things has happen, look at you. You have come from the bottom of a chit tank where you should have stayed with your own kind. Now here you are over on your rivals board trying to socialize with the best fan base in this state for sure. Now that's a huge jump from where you come from. So big jumps are possible. But unlike you and your chit tank fan base, we at least know how to act when we get to Elite status, we have been there before. Baaawaaaahahahahahaha

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

That was last updated January 14, 2013 genius

Feb 9, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

Try top 25 in 2013. I know you coots know nothing about football, but geez. Clemson could gave a top 10 defense next season to go with a solid "o".

Nice Try - DUMBA$$

Feb 9, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

That's two years ago stats.

We were 24th in scoring defense last year and we run a HUNH offense. That's good defense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Try this one instead, TerrierFart

Feb 10, 2014, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Interesting, we played the number 6 and 7 ranked

Feb 10, 2014, 1:32 PM

offenses (statisically). Next best was UGA at 17.

Clemson

Hey Idiot, that's for the previous year....

Feb 10, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

here's the link to the correct stats...

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p1

we were 25th btw....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

######### CRUMP, WHY DO YOU LET IDIOTS LIKE THIS ONE STAY?***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 2014 season ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: ######### CRUMP, WHY DO YOU LET IDIOTS LIKE THIS ONE STAY?***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:28 PM

this ure applies to LOTS of people on here!! absolutely no reason for all these c$$ts to be here all the time!CRUMP, please take out the trash!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots gunna coot

Feb 8, 2014, 10:51 PM

Moran

Defense will be good, but top 25? Come on guys***

Feb 9, 2014, 1:20 PM

Is that so far fetched? I mean, we were 25th in 2013

Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

Come on, man. Know your Clemson football.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Oh wait, pumper pulse below 50.

Feb 10, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Defense will be good, but top 25? Come on guys*** ]

I guess a coot's gonna coot.

2014 season

Feb 9, 2014, 3:01 PM

I personally..
think the offense will be better than most people think; First, like I have said several times. Watson and Kelly are more suited for this offense, than even Tajh Boyd.

2ndly..the running game is going be good. Maybe the best its been since we had James Davis and CJ Spiller together. All the 2014 backs are big and physical and suited for a power running game. Man, keep an eye out on JJ McCoullough...he could play a factor into all this.

Next, I think the receivers are going be JUST as good- that's right. More guys are going catch just as many passes. Can't wait to see Artavis Scott's role in all this.

Sooo, if we fill a void at a couple positions on the OL, we'll be fine.

Also, cornerback is somewhat of a concern...But all n all, I think we'll be just fine.

alexander is going to come in with a chip on his shoulder,

Feb 9, 2014, 3:31 PM

and wanting to make up for the missed year. he'll want his name back in the spotlight, which for a cornerback,imo, is a good thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2014, 11:31 AM

IMO Clemson has the talent and coaching to beat every team on the schedule; however, starting with UGA and FSU is going to require your new guys to play beyond their experience and without mistakes.

If you beat UGA, the year sets up great for the Tigers. Even if you have trouble with UGA and FSU, you can still have a great season but it will probably be revealed by the UNC game.

Hope you have another great season. I'll be rooting for the Tigers in all their games except the one in Tally.

Feb 10, 2014, 2:57 PM

I hope our defense is in shape since we ranked 110th is time of possession since we score so fast. They were on the field a lot for sure.

a better running game will help with that***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:59 PM

Clemson

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic