Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
20% attendees is easy. Right?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,399

20% attendees is easy. Right?

Jul 9, 2020, 9:47 AM

So if each IPTAY member gets tickets to one of the conference games or South Carolina, we are at 20%. Adding players, band, students, staff and media we should still be under 25%. Everybody keeps their normal seat assignments but the rows are at 20% capacity so we are able to maintain social distance. Each row capacity would be divided by 5 to get the 20% available seats per game. Assuming 20 seats per row, you would have to have a max number of seats per member per game at 4 so your tickets may be split into more than 1 game if you have more than 4. If a row has 10 seats the max maybe 2.
Any reason this would not work? How would you do it?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 feet all around

Jul 9, 2020, 10:32 AM

I saw an interesting seating chart proposal at some point during this insanity. It becomes difficult because you need 6 feet on each side of the seat and 6 feet on the rows in front and behind. It seems like a logistical nightmare. Fans willing to sign waivers might be perceived as reckless but it would work as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 20% attendees is easy. Right?

Jul 9, 2020, 10:36 AM

How about everybody goes as usual and makes their own decision about the amount of risk they are willing to assume. Nobody is forced to go. It is an individual decision. Most people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions.

WRONG!

Jul 9, 2020, 11:17 AM

People are intelligent enough to make A decision. they are not intelligent enough to make the CORRECT decision

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The correct decision is a

Jul 9, 2020, 1:27 PM

matter of opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The correct decision is a

Jul 9, 2020, 2:12 PM

.....a matter of public health.

I'm not sure what the right decision is. It's a long time before the first game. Lots can change.

If a guy made the call to go and he died, he'd probably be OK with his decision and I would too. If 60,000 people went to a game and some number of them infected another thousand back home and the back home second thousand infected......

Well, you get the drift here. Covid-19 is a public health issue. It's a communicable disease and so far in 2020 it's killed about as many people as drunk drivers kill in a decade.

I don't know what the right decision is. I'm not trying to make the call for anyone. Time, the virus and public officials will make the public health decision.

FWIW, I get it that Covid-19 mostly kills old people. We have nearly 70 million people over the age of 60. If Covid only killed 1/2 of 1% of those 70 million, we'd still have well over 69 million old people. America would survive.

But deciding how to manage such an issue that might kill 250,000 old people even a bit early is not a private decision.

I hoping for some Clemson football this fall.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have to have a CFB season first***

Jul 9, 2020, 11:44 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,399
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic