»
Topic: 1969 Clemson-GT Game
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 21, 2018 10:29 AM by: apextiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

1969 Clemson-GT Game

[3]
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 10:31 PM

It was the first time I remember us winning in Grant's Tomb. I was home for the week-end and took off to The Cellar in Charlotte to celebrate. At the time, my parents were on a trip in New England and not expected to be back until the following Tuesday-Wednesday.

Well, I got home about 1:15 am and the house was completely lit up, and their station wagon in the driveway. I tried to sneak in, but you don't sneak in when you've had what I had.

When I saw my Mom and Dad, all I could say was "Raise H3ll, Clemson beat Jawja Tech in Atlanta!!!"
Before my parents could say ANYTHING, my sister came to my defense saying, "Leave him alone, he's got a right to celebrate."

They let me go to bed and the next morning I had to go to Church at 9:45 am(20 minute ride across town). Miraculously I did not have an over-hang as the guys in New F called "the morning after the night before".

Re: 1969 Clemson-GT Game- sounds like both you and the house

[1]
Posted: Sep 20, 2018 10:37 PM

were "lit up" to us an old expression of my parents. That was Coach Howard's last year and then we entered the Hootie Error

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Yea, I wuz.....

Posted: Sep 20, 2018 10:42 PM

Found out later they got home about 30 minutes after I left for Charlotte, and my recently-graduated from CU sister was a big tattle-tale, but felt sorry for me six hours later...

Ray Yauger had a great game ... under-rated Tiger RB.***

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 10:29 AM

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: 1969 Clemson-GT Game

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 4:00 AM

The Cellar brought memories from the past.....What a fun bar....

I have a ticket stub from that game

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:17 AM

even though it was played right before I was born.

2018 white level member

Re: I have a ticket stub from that game

[2]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:23 AM

I played in that game. First time in many years we won in Atlanta. Coach Howard loved it.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Awesome seats on Clemson side @ the Cotton Bowl. Section 420, Row 6, Seats 8 & 9. Will meet in Gre...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
789 people have read this post