Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
14hr Train ride direct from Clemson to Sugar Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,924

14hr Train ride direct from Clemson to Sugar Bowl

Dec 4, 2017, 7:19 PM

Train runs daily from Greenville to Metrodome. Goes through Clemson, but not sure how often it stops here. Prices start at $120 each way.

Depart Clemson at 5:40a. Arrive New Orleans at 7:30p right next to stadium. They even have sleeper cars, wifi and showers.

Party for a few hours after the game as it departs Tuesday morning at 7:00a returning you to Clemson at 10:00p that night.

https://www.amtrak.com/content/###/projects/dotcom/english/public/documents/timetables/Crescent-Schedule-090217.pdf (replace ### in link with d-a-m)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 14hr Train ride direct from Clemson to Sugar Bowl

Dec 4, 2017, 7:39 PM

wait, does tigernet actually censor the word ###

That's insane. They shouldn't even censor the homonym, much less a word describing a barrier to contain water. I guess they don't want people recommending a visit to Hoover ###.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 7:43 PM

In 1981, when Clemson played Tulane, a travel agent organized a trip on the train out of Clemson.

My parents went on it and had a blast. A lot of Tiger fans went.

Would think there would be an opportunity for an agent to make some $$$ again this year doing the same type of trip.

Maybe New Year's Eve is a limiting factor and room rates are inflated because of the Bowl game.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:53 PM

I did that as well. Only downside was the 10 miles or so going over the water at the lake east of Nola. Track just a few feet above water and of course no side rails. A bit spooky. A one day trip without staying over one night would be tough but better than driving. Clemson station was closed for the overpass project but I don’t know if it has reopened yet.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:46 PM

I rode that once when I went home for Christmas. Lived about an hour and half from NO. Little town, Laurel, MS. Train stops there. No phones like today. Long, long trip.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:37 PM

The meter high club

Dec 4, 2017, 9:38 PM

used to take that same train from Clemson to Philly. It goes through Clemson every single night.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 9:45 PM

I did that and not sure I do it again. Riding 28 hours in a span of 60 hours would be a little too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 11:28 PM

My wife and I rode this train in 1981 to the Tulane game. It was a very long 14 hrs. I hope the cars are more comfortable than in 1981. The train swayed a lot and my wife got seasick. Anyway, that was her excuse when we finally got to our hotel. ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m picturing a Greyhound Bus-like environment

Dec 4, 2017, 11:45 PM

complete with dirty seats, homeless people, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I took the train to Tampa to watch

Dec 5, 2017, 12:26 AM

Clemson play Illinois many moons ago. Had a fantastic time.

Upgrade to business class if available.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic