Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
**ACC Down-b/c FSU is down** Why is that?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,847

**ACC Down-b/c FSU is down** Why is that?

Sep 18, 2018, 7:59 PM

So b/c FSU is struggling mightily the analyst are saying the ACC is down and Clemson would not be able to lose 1 game this year; b/c the conference isn't as strong. Well, assuming BC keeps winning, Duke, Va. Tech. The one loss teams have more coming and NC State has a few more coming with their youth this year. Who knows - maybe Pitt only ends up losing to Penn St. this year during the regular season. But, we are all of 3 games in and "the experts" are already writing off the conference. Let's see though, ACC teams have wins over at least 1 Big 12 team. 1 SEC team. 1 Big Ten team. I don't know of any matchups with the Pac 12?
So Arkansas can get embarrassed at home and "it's okay"? By N. Texas 44-17.
Florida can lose to Kentucky at home and "no problem"?
Oklahoma can struggle with winless Iowa St. and it's okay? 37-27 but closer than that really.
The pit of the big 12 and big 10 played and Kansas blew out Rutgers; but OSU will be looked upon as super dominate for running up the score on the hapless Scarlett Knights. KU beat them 55-14.
BYU went into Wisconsin and came away with a victory. They were unranked. CU goes to a "nearly ranked" TAMU and WIN(104, 583 in attendance Kyle Field) and we "look bad"?
Temple beat big 10 Maryland. Troy beat Big 10 Nebraska...……...both on BIG10 soil. but that's okay?
Penn St. very well could have lost to App St in happy valley but "it's okay"? OH, Akron beat Northwestern to boot on BIG10 soil.
Missouri struggled with winless Purdue - but b/c they are SEC it's okay?
The great PAC 12 hope USC already has a loss to Stanford. Washington has a early season loss to Auburn who "has a loss"!

Having teams who lose games in other words TNET is not just an ACC thing! You don't hear about it when SEC teams have embarassing loses. You especially don't hear about it from Buckey Herbstreit when the BIG 10 has embarassing loses. In closing - just cause FSU is struggling now don't mean a thing. Another team could very well take their place! Remember the couple years Wake had? BC use to be a Stanford type team on the east coast. They are looking really strong so far! Wake and BC played and it was a very entertaining game. Wake isn't bad either. Miami - can Richt get those kids to play 4 qtrs. Is Va. Tech for real. Cutcliff had Duke challenging the Johnny football lead Aggies in the Chic fil-a game. They very nearly pulled it off too. Only conference that has more NFL players over the past 10 years is the SEC by a smaller gap than you would think. -google it-
OK - frustration over the hyprocricy done with; I can go on now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: **ACC Down-b/c FSU is down** Why is that?

Sep 18, 2018, 8:13 PM

I get your point, but we aren't losing any regular season games or in the ACC Championship so it doesn't matter.

The one thing that I will say is that when Wake won the league in 2006 the ACC was down. They were not a super talented team, but rather well coached, experienced, and proficient.

I agree, we are what FSU used to be and vice versus (going back to the Tommy Bowden era).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU has been a staple top ten team for the ACC.

Sep 18, 2018, 8:14 PM

I'm not stressing because I don't care if the ACC is in the cellar. It's not as if we aren't worth of a playoff spot because our conference opponents suck. Look at UGAy. That side of the conference has consistently been one of the two weaker divisions in the country for a decade yet UGAy came out of it and won the SECCCG then made the final.

ESPiN always picks winners and losers this time of the year. If you stress over what they say you're wasting emotional calories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 8:33 PM

F$U was an elite football team for most of its time in the ACC; and a Sports Media Favorite. They were fine with F$U being the only superpower in the conference. When Clemson took over in 2015, it was cool to the media (like the new flavor of the month). Even winning the NC in 2016 over media darling Bama was OK. Losing to them last year put things back where they want them. Now in 2018, they just want us to go away. They want 2 SEC teams in the CFP from here on out, so they will look for any reason to skip over us. They don't want to skip both the Pac 12 and Big 10 two years in a row (they would love to slip ND in too). Duke, BC, and NC State are not historical football powers, so they may not get the rankings they may deserve. VT and Miami may help, but we will only play one in the ACCCG. We will have to see how all this shakes out, but they are already trying to write off the ACC just 3 games in.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:15 PM

I agree with your post very nearly word for word! I think WT will end up making FSU a 10 win team every year program again. It won't be enough; this year they are struggling just like ole Jimbo did last year b/c of porous OL play.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. And, for the record, I actually hope some of the ACC squads can win them all except if they play The Tigers!

When the ACC finished 9-3 in bowl season............helped give us breathing room for a loss last year too BTW! Will we have that same leverage this year? We don't want to act like a bunch of silly SEC fans who "cheer for the conference"! But, we should selfishly hope our opponents end up with winning records and ranked. It bolsters our resume!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU has been a staple top ten team for the ACC. ]

I was watching College Football live about an hour ago. What I saw was. SEC is awesome, Bama is awesome, Saban is awesome, this is the best offense Saban has ever had. LSU is great, but nobody stands a chance against Bama. Then I saw B1G is in trouble, but Ohio St is great. Penn St is good, but Ohio St is great. Urban is great, his QB is great, his defense is great and Wisconsin is in trouble. Next I saw, FSU is trouble, FSU coach is in trouble, FSU O-line is in trouble and it’s all so bad that nobody knows how to fix it. No Big12 talk, No Pac12 talk, dump on the ACC, Ohio St is great and Bama is great. That’s college football? ESPN is selling what they’ve already paid for, SEC & B1G. It’s just that simple.

I expect TAMU to give Bama a game. Bama hasn’t played anybody with a pulse yet, TAMU definitely has a pulse.

I never heard Clemson mentioned, not one time. Frankly, I like it that way.

LSU seems to be the latest ESPN darling, I thought they looked like hot garbage. Yes, they won on the road, but at no point during that game did I think, wow, this team is really good. Auburn and Tamu both look better than LSU to me.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:13 PM

The ACC is down this year. The Acc has us, VT, and Miami. Honestly, I don't care if the ACC goes down the wrapper so long as we remain elite.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:21 PM

Hey Reynolds, your poast was TLDR. Try to keep it to shorter next time. Everyone else, great poasts!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 9:29 PM

I will try to shorten it up a bit.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:39 PM

I read every bit of it and agree with every bit of it

Sep 18, 2018, 9:42 PM

That's to Hillrocktigers past, agree with all of it

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,847
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic