Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$2 Bills
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

$2 Bills

Jan 17, 2020, 4:38 PM

I'm a busy guy, don't generally spend time reading forums, and never leave messages or get involved in discussions. It's a total waste of time and intellect to get involved in pointless banter with a faceless, nameless computer screen. However, I was so impressed with the Clemson fans and traditions that I thought I would temporarily create an account and leave a comment about some things I learned during this championship event.

First, I found the Clemson fans to be generally great people. I make no excuses for the a-hole LSU crowd that felt the need to start crap when none was needed. Though I don't live in Louisiana anymore, I love some things about the state, others not so much. I am a die-hard, purple and gold blooded LSU guy. Our fanbase has a reputation for rudeness, and I won't run from that. But I myself would never let my fandom drag me to that level of debauchery. It is what it is.

I had to break a large bill to pay for a meal, and the waiter handed a stack of bills for change. In the midst I saw a few $2 bills. I was surprised to see them, since it's such a rare thing these days. I quickly glanced and noticed a little orange tint on them, but thought nothing about it. Later, as I was organizing my cash, I looked closer and noticed the Clemson print. Gotta tell you, made me smile! Then I saw some pictures of fans holding similar bills. Googled it, and learned about the history of the Clemson/GT rivalry and how the $2 bill thing started. I thought to myself, that's about the coolest freaking tradition I've ever heard! Now, whenever a local in N.O. gets one of these bills over the next couple of years, they'll be forced to think about you guys. Brilliant!

Anyway, I'm not a troll, so I'm saying my peace and getting off your site. Just wanted to let you know that Clemson made a very good impression on me this week. You've got another fan here, especially if you end up playing Alabama for the natty next year. I have no doubt that you'll be there many times before we get another shot at it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic