Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad Brownell said recently that he thought our starting five this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,569

Brad Brownell said recently that he thought our starting five this year

Feb 24, 2020, 10:22 PM

would be Clyde Trapp, Chase Hunter, John Newman, Aamir Simms, and Jonathan Baehre. That was what he anticipated last spring for this season.

It’s interesting to think how differently our season might’ve gone if we had not been without 40% of our expected starters for what amounts to the entire season.

It hasn’t been easy, but great job by our team for working through adversity, keeping their heads up, and making something of this season. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, I consider this season to be a success given the circumstances. Beating UNC in Chapel Hill for the first time ever, while also beating two top five teams, are great accomplishments no other Clemson team besides this one can claim.

I wonder if there is any chance Baehre can get a medical redshirt for this season? He’s only played in two games I believe, and very limited minutes in both. Hunter played in 9 games so I’m guessing that’s too many for a medical redshirt. Since both are done for the season, I hope both can use this time to heal and make full recoveries.

EDIT: I just realized that it's actually more than 40% of our starters missing, considering the fact that Trapp missed half the season, Hunter missed all but 9 games, and Baehre missed all but two games.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Brad Brownell said recently that he thought our starting five this year

Feb 24, 2020, 10:32 PM

And ? Who did Roy think would be starting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure what Roy Williams has to do with this.

Feb 24, 2020, 10:37 PM

But since you brought it up, Roy has a couple of McDonald’s All-Americans on his healthy roster and has them at the bottom of the conference (15th).

Brad has zero McDonald’s All-Americans, but beat Roy this year and has us 5th in the ACC.

Now what were you saying?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m not sure what Roy Williams has to do with this.

Feb 24, 2020, 10:43 PM

Brad should recruit Better.

you should whine less***

Feb 24, 2020, 11:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not sure what Roy Williams has to do with this.

Feb 25, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m not sure what Roy Williams has to do with this. ]

Clemson has some young talent on this team and the incoming class is not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad Brownell said recently that he thought our starting five this year ]

Roy is in last place. Brad is not

Feb 24, 2020, 10:45 PM

I've wondered that about Baehre too. He's been at college ball pretty long but maybe he wants another year. Or maybe just go pro in Europe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 7:30 AM

Of course that was pretty much the only 5 guys on the team last spring before the transfers came in. Glad to hear he wasn't anticipating having to start a walk-on I guess!

Yep, Mack was a starter from the day he came

Feb 25, 2020, 8:51 AM

on board. While we may never know about Baehre, he was hardly a star at Asheville. Hunter showed promise, I hope he can get a redshirt.

The rule for a medical redshirt required a player to play in

Feb 25, 2020, 8:53 AM

no more than 30% of a team's season in order to qualify (rounded up). If that rule is the same today, then players can play in up to 9 games this year and still get a redshirt...allowing Hunter to potentially qualify.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you. That would be great if he can get this year back. ***

Feb 25, 2020, 11:36 AM

Feb 25, 2020, 10:10 AM

What about Moore? I was expecting he could be a good contributor early on but he has sort of disappeared as the year has gone along. What is the back story there?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This presumed starting five was before we had Moore

Feb 25, 2020, 11:37 AM

and Mack.

Still interesting to think about how things have changed since then, with the injuries as well as the new faces. This team had a lot to overcome this year, and has done great all things considered.

Definitely a shame.

Feb 25, 2020, 11:07 AM

With the ACC down this year it could have been a much better season.

Especially earlier on where we lost a lot of games that should have never been close.

Successful season with departures and injuries!

Feb 25, 2020, 11:39 AM

Nobody expected anything as good as this team has become, starting with the the glory of winning gold in Naples.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are either Brad

Feb 25, 2020, 7:14 PM

Or his wife

Regardless , I applaud your campaigning

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 9:29 PM

If Clemson makes the NIT Brad has zero to worry about with a completely new team. I honestly think this team wins 17, wins one in the tournament, and ends the season on the bubble at 18-14. I'm confident in beating FSU, I think we're going to lose to VT on the road... I don't feel confident about beating a top 5 team in the ACCT in the qtr final. If we somehow win out, we could possibly get a double-bye which would actually hurt us, one less chance to get a win against a crap team.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic