Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just saw WYFF's poll on Clemson fans...................
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 560

I just saw WYFF's poll on Clemson fans...................

Mar 27, 2017, 6:22 PM

pulling for the chickens and it was at 63% yes.

WT F! You should have your IPTAY card revoked and never wear CU colors again!

Great run and I give them props. But pull for them oh #### no!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh...

Mar 27, 2017, 6:24 PM

That "I gotta hate my rival" is much more prevalent on message boards and call-in shows than it is in real life. I know plenty of people who cheer for both teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me and I know many others on both sides.............

Mar 27, 2017, 6:31 PM

that will never pull for the rival.

You know people who don't really give a crap IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed......nothing to do with "message boards".

Mar 27, 2017, 6:36 PM

I don't know a single Clemson fan, other than my mom (and she's a regular Mother Theresa), who would be cheering for them to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you realize that will probably be the only great thing

Mar 27, 2017, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Not me and I know many others on both sides............. ]

to happen to these kids. I mean compare playing in the Final 4 to pumping gas or delivering pizza.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you realize that will probably be the only great thing

Mar 27, 2017, 6:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel sorry just watching them....

Mar 27, 2017, 6:39 PM [ in reply to you realize that will probably be the only great thing ]

I mean, it's all smiles and happiness now, it's such a pity they'll have to go to jail eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HIGH 5! *******

Mar 27, 2017, 6:51 PM [ in reply to you realize that will probably be the only great thing ]

if the internet did not exist

Mar 27, 2017, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Not me and I know many others on both sides............. ]

I would still never pull for the shamecrocks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Well, yeah.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:50 AM [ in reply to Not me and I know many others on both sides............. ]

I know a lot of people for whom sports are not as important. That's kind of the point...that's why they're not on message boards and call-in shows.

I did not vote

Mar 27, 2017, 6:40 PM

and how does WYFF determine a Clemson fan is actually voting?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If you can't trust what you read on the interwebs, what can you trust?

Mar 27, 2017, 6:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy

Mar 27, 2017, 8:01 PM

tigerdave2® his polls are 100% accurate.

In all fairness, before we jump the shark here

Mar 27, 2017, 7:16 PM

I have a somewhat unique perspective as I have lived my entire life (sans 4 years @ Clemson) in Cootlumbia. One thing I noticed as I lived at Clemson (in God's country) during college, was that my hatred for the coots waned. It waned because I was not exposed to them NEARLY as much in Clemson as in Columbia. And when you are not exposed to their asinine behavior on a daily basis, you start to lose your hatred for them. You start to feel pity for them from afar. I noticed my hatred changed into pity about my third year at Clemson. We owned then in football and I never heard them rant and rave, or act like the general idiots I grew up around.

BUT, having moved back to Cootlumbia, the hatred is back on full force. I could NEVER, under any circumstances whatsoever, pull for them to win in anything, ever. Period. BUT, while I was at Clemson, and living away from their vitriol, I could see how some could support them. I can see how Ben Boulware could support them. He's from Anderson. His experience with coots is surely limited by his proximity to Clemson. He's never been exposed to them in their element. And the fans have changed as well. There are less drunks, less obnoxious fans, and less fights than there were back in the 80's when I was growing up.

The level of hatred is relative to your frequency of association with coots, and their ilk. Mine runs VERY high, and always has. But there are surely people, mostly in the upstate or elsewhere, who can probably bring themselves to root for USC to have some success, somewhere. They simply have not been exposed to coots on a daily basis. This does not make them any less of a Clemson fan, it just makes them luckier Clemson fans for having not lived in and among the coots their whole life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know lots of Coot fans

Mar 27, 2017, 10:02 PM

When I lived in Philly, it was easy being neutral when USCe played as I only kept in touch with friends/family that were coot fans. Living in Cootlumbia is a different level of hades as I'm exposed daily to all the fools.

Living here during the 5-peat made me resent them even more. I hope they suffer the most embarrassing defeat this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth of the matter is...

Mar 28, 2017, 8:29 AM [ in reply to In all fairness, before we jump the shark here ]

if I lived in a grass hut in the Amazon, a plastic dome in the Arctic circle, or a rural farming village in the most remote reaches of China...I would still drop to my knees every night and pray that Satan would reach up his evil hand to drag the entire university and everyone that ever identified with it in any capacity down kicking and screaming down into the fiery pits of Hades to endure horrific tortures to the very boundaries of all concept of time.

Except Prod. I do get a kick out of his mathing up those polls.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i still stand behind

Mar 27, 2017, 8:07 PM

who cares if they win basketball, we will always have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2l3TZZn8S8

they would give their right nut to win in football.

Yes...............

Mar 27, 2017, 8:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw0TaZhvKes

But still screw them!

I'm greedy and want both...

Mar 27, 2017, 8:27 PM [ in reply to i still stand behind ]

Our natty and a soul-crushing defeat in the Final 4 by the Cawks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, Booger

Mar 27, 2017, 8:56 PM [ in reply to i still stand behind ]

we put up 35 points.

Re: I just saw WYFF's poll on Clemson fans...................

Mar 28, 2017, 9:24 AM

Its a WYFF poll...that means it was open to coots.....they voted yes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 560
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic