Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban doesn't give Tigers credit.... AGAIN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Saban doesn't give Tigers credit.... AGAIN

Feb 8, 2019, 1:12 PM

I always try to keep posts positive about other schools, BUT, very disappoint in Saban's latest excuse for losing. Shouldn't it be said that they just got out coached and out played by a better team. It was not so much them losing as Clemson winning ! No excuses Coach Saban, you simply lost to a better team. Not because you lost the "Alabama Factor". Consider you were beaten because of the CLEMSON FACTOR ! Go Tigers !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have nothing to say to that old, cranky misanthrope!***

Feb 8, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait to see what his excuse will be for getting his

Feb 8, 2019, 1:15 PM

as$ handed to him in the USAToday internet recruiting poll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I can't wait to see what his excuse will be for getting his

Feb 8, 2019, 4:20 PM

Wasn't Alabama ranked number one in recruiting? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: I can't wait to see what his excuse will be for getting his

Feb 8, 2019, 4:31 PM

Wow, you Coots know no boundaries. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And? 2 out of 3 national championships for Clemson and

Feb 8, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't wait to see what his excuse will be for getting his ]

when was the last time we were ranked #1 in recruiting?

Suck one coots!

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Saban is NEVER GOING TO ADMIT...

Feb 8, 2019, 1:15 PM

that his team got out-played or that he got out-coached.

It's just not going to happen. His ego is entirely too big even though everyone in the free world who watched the same knows that's exactly what happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He doesn't have to give Clemson credit. The final score

Feb 8, 2019, 1:33 PM

gave the college football world all it needed to see!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban doesn't give Tigers credit.... AGAIN

Feb 8, 2019, 1:40 PM

As long as he focuses blame like this, it will not change. He and his pachyderms will be passed by those who honestly evaluate and change. He is also embarrassing himself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Feb 8, 2019, 4:37 PM

Look, I'm a huge Clemson fan, but I don't imagine that Alabama or Nick Saban are going anywhere.
They will be back this coming season as formidable as ever, and they be "the team to beat," not us. You could even say that we will be in re-building mode this coming season. We will underestimate Saban and Alabama at our peril. Georgia will be frightening this coming season and will likely pose a greater threat to Bama than us. Plus S.C. is such an un-productive field regarding high-school talent. Every state around us is better in that respect, so we have to range far and wide in order to pick up really good players. One crazy thing: S. Carolina reportedly reeled in the 19th best recruiting in the nation. Huh? How?? And we were 10th?? Am I crazy or does something not add up here? Something is missing in this equation, but I'm just not sure what it is.

Feb 8, 2019, 5:18 PM

" so we have to range far and wide in order to pick up really good players"

No, we range far and wide and pick up the best players in many states because we can.

When you’re beating teams like Alabama and Ohio State for the number one player in their state...

Like two years ago "Not long after Clemson finished another stellar signing day, the Tigers released a graphic on Twitter highlighting that this is the first time Clemson has signed the No. 1 recruit in five different states. The Tigers officially inked Trevor Lawrence (Ga.), Xavier Thomas (Fla.), Jackson Carman (Ohio), KJ Henry (N.C.) and Derion Kendrick (S.C.) during the early signing period, which started on Wednesday. The five are rated as the top player in their respective states by at least one of the major recruiting sites- 247Sports, Rivals or ESPN. Not only that, Clemson also landed the No. 1 quarterback in the country in Lawrence, the No. 1 defensive lineman in Thomas and the No. 1 offensive lineman in Carman."

And we added a 6th when Ross, the #1 player in Alabama signed in the late period that year.

This year, we signed players from 14 states, with 14 players coming from Georgia or Florida. No #1s, but plenty of top-tier talent...

Ladson, #5 Florida
Ngata, #9 California
Putnam, #14 Florida
Jones, #3 Virginia
Davis, #18 Florida
Charleston, #19 Florida
Phommachanh, #2 Connecticut (was #1 in state before he signed with Clemson)
Reuben, #8 Missouri
Booth, #3 Georgia
Constantin, #11 Louisiana
Bently, #10 Alabama
Patterson, #10 Tennessee
Maguire, #6 Pennsylvania
Johnson, #9 Maryland
Williams, #6 South Carolina
Dukes, #16 South Carolina

Overall, we signed 5 of the top 50 players from Georgia and 4 from the top 50 players in Florida.

I don't think our staff is out beating the bushes in states far-and-wide hoping to convince some kid to come to Clemson. They're picking their targets based on need, talent, character and giving them a chance to come to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats why if we beat them THIS year coming..then the excuses

Feb 8, 2019, 2:05 PM

have no where to go. This year will be all about Bama's revenge as far as the media goes. If we take care of business again against them...then that will freaking legendary and will have single-handedly conquered a dynasty!

As far as Clemson fans are concerned who cares about any of that...but this will be so that the BAMA fan finally gets it through his noggin that he's no longer who he thinks he is thus transforming into a bitter old drunk.

You're kidding right !?!?!

Feb 8, 2019, 2:40 PM

Clemson has been moping the floor with u of 5c for decades yet the lame a$$ excuses from them never stop coming.

Bama won't be any different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

you might be right but you can't compare

Feb 8, 2019, 4:12 PM

Those two fan bases. The experiences of the two are worlds apart. One is a CEO and one is a homeless man. You gonna compare those two points of view and come away with much common thought?

Bama fans will know when they've slipped off the top. They may not say it out loud but they'll know. And their hope is they get back next year and make us pay and even the score up. But if we were to take them down again then what.... they won't be as vocal about excuse. At least the level headed ones.

Re: You're kidding right !?!?!

Feb 8, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to You're kidding right !?!?! ]

Hope you are right. I tend to a bit of a pessimist.

just "a bit" ?

Feb 8, 2019, 4:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 8, 2019, 2:06 PM

Saban is a lot like Belichick in that they want to give the impression that they are always in control of their own destiny, even when they lose, rather than give credit to their opponent. They don't want to give the slightest edge or nod that anyone else should be considered better, or even as good as they are.

However, both are incredibly successful and ALA will continue to be at or near the top of the heap for the foreseeable future. As long as they continue to bring in top recruiting classes we always have to consider them a major threat. The good news is we have a system and a culture to go toe to toe with them and we don't have to look up to anyone else right now. We do have to work hard and stay humble but I believe we will continue to have success on a consistent basis.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 4:50 PM

Great post! Clemson has committed to the football program, no-holds-barred. Our President (of CU), is totally on-board. I think that we will catch up to Bama, but I'm not sure we have at this point. One factor is that Saban can recruit players who would never get into Clemson academically. I'm okay with that. We'll eventually catch up, but shouldn't sell our souls to do so. Right now, we are recruiting at a level that we never have in the past, and this is only going to get better. We'll be fine.

Feb 8, 2019, 4:46 PM

You guys need to get your panties out from me all wedged up . .jessh. Who is he speaking to? His base, his fan base, his team. What exactly would you expect him to say? I guess for some reason, some of you are confident enough unless someone lays down or bows? There is nothing wrong with anything he said in this below.

""We kind of have the ‘Alabama factor’ around here," he said. "That has always helped us be successful. That’s having a team that plays with a lot of discipline, that’s having a team that everybody is sort of responsible and accountable to do their job at a high level and a standard and everybody puts the team first. All right? So that’s the standard, and it’s up to the individual players on the team to do that.

"And if I thought that we weren’t doing that in one game or ten games, I would address it with the players and make sure that everybody was on board with those principles and values that’s helped us be successful. I don’t think we played in that game with the Alabama factor. So everybody needs to understand that and respond to it."

I think I could hear Dabo say something similar in a different situation. Sure he isn't laying the golden wreath at Clemson's feet . .but there's nothing wrong with what he said.

Feb 8, 2019, 5:00 PM

I have no problem at all with Nick Saban who is one of the greatest coaches of all time. As I mentioned before he and Alabama will be back with a vengeance. He should go into the hall of fame. As Dabo has said, everyone loses games. But I want to know this: How did you know that I wear panties? Have you been spying on me, you "silly savage?"

Feb 8, 2019, 5:22 PM

Why I was hoping when Our Tigers got 1st and goal
on the Bama 3 yard line with 35 seconds on the game clock
Dabo had called time out and tried to get senior AC
a going away TD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Scoreboard Gave It to us: Don't worry!

Feb 8, 2019, 5:44 PM

He knows it. And, those red baby elephant fans know it. And, the rest of the college football world knows they got they "Aztecs" handed to them!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic