Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
you ignorant pathetic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,358

you ignorant pathetic

Oct 22, 2013, 1:35 PM

Watching Ckemson PLAY football brings me great joy. Now watching them get beat does not bring much enjoyment but I swear people who act like the world is ending and want to fire all the coaches drive me flipping crazy!
I really am considering not even watching sports.Between crazy Gamecock fans & Crazy Tiger fans sometimes I do not even want to be a part of it. I am a Clemson Tiger Fan!
Some of you are impossible to live with & act just like coots who make life misarable for others on your side or your rivals. I wish you would go pull for another team! Pitiful!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you ignorant pathetic

Oct 22, 2013, 1:39 PM

I totally agree!!!

You're right - there's reaction and then there's .........

Oct 22, 2013, 1:39 PM

over-reaction - I think objective thoughts on the FSU loss are necessary but jumping off a cliff is something else.

As much as I love Clemson football/sports, I'm glad my life doesn't revolve them like some people's do.

Re: You're right - there's reaction and then there's .........

Oct 22, 2013, 2:05 PM

I agree. I'm Tiger through and through. I have been following Clemson football every since I sat on the coke box in my Dad's mom and pop store in the late 1940's. The radio sat up high in the window for better reception. I've been a part of the Clemson Family since my freshman year in 1959. I want the Tigers to win every game, but understand this won't happen every time you suit up. When they don't, I fuss with my Son then I move on and let the Coaches fix the problem. That is what they get paid the big bucks to do. I also don't get excited or upset if the coots go out and win a game. Granted I had rather them not. Loved it when they were 0 and 21. I'll end this by saying I'm a college football fanatic. I don't give a flip about pro
football, but will watch any college game that is on. I'm a 100% disable Vietnam Vet so I have a lot of time to follow college ball. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE: Lighten up Francis

Oct 22, 2013, 1:58 PM

This is blog site and a venue for venting. It will ease off. Think WVU bowl game followed by a great recruting class, and 4th loss to Scar and the LSU win. Fanaticism is also mercurial, much like the tigers offense this past week.

Based upon history, we're in for a real treat. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "mercurial".***

Oct 22, 2013, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So agreed***

Oct 22, 2013, 2:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 2:09 PM

So you're saying that disgruntled fans frustrate you more as a sports fan than 37 point beatdowns in your home stadium?

Okay. I think you're missing the forest for the trees.

It appears there are two types of people:

1) Those who vent their frustration about the loss by holding the coaches and players accountable - whether reasonable or delusional.
2) Those who vent their frustration about the loss by seeking to validate their own fanhood by attacking others they don't agree with...or who they deem too harsh.

Two sides of the same coin, really. But you should reevaluate what you're really frustrated with.

Bravo. Point. And it's fans in the second group that

Oct 22, 2013, 2:19 PM

actually hold us back. They are hp hum apathetic take it or leave it fans. They love tailgating, not wining. They put people, coaches, ahead of Clemson.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: you ignorant pathetic ]

> So you're saying that disgruntled fans frustrate you
> more as a sports fan than 37 point beatdowns in your
> home stadium?
>
> Okay. I think you're missing the forest for the
> trees.
>
> It appears there are two types of people:
>
> 1) Those who vent their frustration about the loss by
> holding the coaches and players accountable - whether
> reasonable or delusional.
> 2) Those who vent their frustration about the loss by
> seeking to validate their own fanhood by attacking
> others they don't agree with...or who they deem too
> harsh.
>
> Two sides of the same coin, really. But you should
> reevaluate what you're really frustrated with.

There is truth to this. Traditional top programs do not tolerate mediocrity for long because their fans do not allow it.

While fans are crazy...you're subjecting yourself to the

Oct 22, 2013, 2:15 PM

ignorance by logging on here...completely optional

Oct 22, 2013, 2:31 PM

> Watching Ckemson PLAY football brings me great joy.
> Now watching them get beat does not bring much
> enjoyment but I swear people who act like the world
> is ending and want to fire all the coaches drive me
> flipping crazy!
> I really am considering not even watching
> sports.Between crazy Gamecock fans & Crazy Tiger fans
> sometimes I do not even want to be a part of it. I am
> a Clemson Tiger Fan!
> Some of you are impossible to live with & act just
> like coots who make life misarable for others on your
> side or your rivals. I wish you would go pull for
> another team! Pitiful!

I think you're missing the point. Its not that people want all of this just b/c we lost a game. Its the fact that we lost with...(wait for it)....THE MOST POINTS SCORED AGAINST CLEMSON IN DEATH VALLEY EVER IN THE 110+ YEARS OF FOOTBALL. Sorry I accidentally hit the caps button and didn't realize it was on. :)

And not only did we monumentally lose in front of a national audience [again]......but we did it with a....(wait for it)...1.) HEISMAN CANDIDATE QB, 2.) FIRST ROUND DRAFT WR, 3.) 100% IMPROVED DEFENSE LEADING THE NATION IN SACKS, 4.) THE HIGHEST PAID OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, 5.) IN FRONT OF THE LOUDEST HOME CROWD DEATH VALLEY HAS EVER SEEN, 6.) ESPN's GAMEDAY 2ND VISIT IN ONE SEASON.

Sorry ....caps lock got me again. I guess I'm still used to practicing all caps to get ready for a game that was suppose to break sound records and I never even got to put my practice to use after the first 5 seconds of the game. :)

Plenty of football left? yes. BCS & ACC championship dreams gone? Yep. Fear the thumb? I sure am after last sat's game....even though chickens don't have a 5th digit...weird.

People are irate because they should be. Theres no excuse this year for what we just saw. Not for that kind of flop we just experienced. Its embarrassing. Its heart breaking. And its the worst knowing that this is now such a regular occurrence that we have a national household term to describe our roller coaster yearly performances! Thats not being a coot. Thats responding to something that almost has the resemblance of "the chicken curse"

Frank Howard smiling somewhere? Nope. I'm sure he rolled over in his grave and told Dabo and company to get their filthy hands off his rock after that game. Holy geez.

Lets hope the Tigers can stop Clemsoning long enough to figure out their problems and play like a normal football team.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:16 PM

> Its heart breaking. And its the worst knowing that
> this is now such a regular occurrence that we have a
> national household term to describe our roller
> coaster yearly performances! Thats not being a coot.
> Thats responding to something that almost has the
> resemblance of "the chicken curse"

To add to that, at some point you like to think you have built a program to a level where a loss like Saturday will not happen. There are quite a few schools, and we all know who they are, that if ranked in the Top 10 would not have a beatdown like that.

Sure, some of those traditional top schools have had periods of looking like crap but when they are highly ranked they are good and they don't have games where it looks like they don't belong on the same field as the other team.

I can't explain Saturday's loss....it just really blows my mind as absolutely no one saw that coming.

Well said- furthermore, the time for us fans to step up is

Oct 22, 2013, 2:35 PM

when the team needs it most- they don't need us when they are on top but when they are faltering. This is when we can be the most effective- supporting them when they need it most

Re: Well said- furthermore, the time for us fans to step up is

Oct 22, 2013, 2:42 PM

Most people would have more of that rah rah mentality had it looked like the players wanted to come out of the tunnel at half time.

If you can't get motivated to fight back when you've just been punched in the mouth in your home stadium in front of a national audience, then some extra patronizing, soccer mom-like words of consolation aren't going to do the trick.

Odd you said that because it too struck me odd. I asked

Oct 22, 2013, 2:44 PM

myself or wondered were they mentally exhausted due to the pre-week, gameday hype? I know I was absolutely drained and running on fumes. I myself took notice. That wasnt the team that played UGA

Re: Odd you said that because it too struck me odd. I asked

Oct 22, 2013, 2:59 PM

I think the expecations eventually take a toll on the younger guys, and the pressure takes a toll on the older guys. Hopefully they'll learn from it

Oct 22, 2013, 3:07 PM

Does anybody else here realize that in big time college athletics, the players don't give a purple ### about what the fans think! They don't care whether you cheer, stand, don't come to the games, wear orange, purple, or rainbow colors. Now the coaches care about the ticket sales, because that's on them. It's like the crowd noise thing--nobody cared!! Not the FSU players, at least, or Jameis W.

Oct 22, 2013, 3:49 PM

Whats really pathetic is all these coots that show up after a loss , that don't have a life .

They live only through Clemson and get their little digs in over here .

The house coots are bad enough , but yalls life must be so pathetic to be a pretender on a Clemson board .

Now run back to your hole in the wall , where they disown you and tell the you really got to us .

They might give you a star .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 4:38 PM

English, por favor?

Maybe you'd like some Greek. Seem like the type.***

Oct 22, 2013, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 4:56 PM

Do you not think the coaches and players hold themselves accountable or do you think it is your job?

Did anybody say fire all the coaches? I dont want to fire..

Oct 22, 2013, 5:09 PM

all the coaches. But I'm not happy, and that doesn't make me any less a Tiger fan than you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Newsflash: Some fans that act like coots

Oct 22, 2013, 5:15 PM

are.

Well...

Oct 22, 2013, 5:40 PM

That one stung a little. To add insult to injury I had to change a flat tire on the side of 385 at 2 in the morning. But I'm a Clemson fan. To the point where I don't watch tv or read the paper after a loss. Just started back lookin on here today. We were gonna lose sooner or later. Wish it wasn't a blowout but, O'well, It was. The thing I hate most is watchin the stadium empty midway through the 3rd. By the end of the game I had just 5 people with in 30 yds of me. That's sad. The players and coaches have takin responsibility of the loss. Everybody's pointing fingers but you haven't heard the players or coaches point at the people that jetted on them. Just sayin. I love'em winnin or losin. The winnin is just a little more fun.

This just means you care less than others

Oct 22, 2013, 8:08 PM

I would NEVER stop watching football and I sure as hell would NEVER stop cheering for the Tigers

you are correct

Oct 22, 2013, 8:18 PM

Yes I care less about it than some people. I care about it less than I once did. The older I get the less I care about a game I cant control. And oddly enough I enjoy the games more. I just do not live & die wirh it nor do I feel the need to trash others win Tigers lose. Which they do once every 8 ,9 or 10 games. I also would rather do something athletic & not just sit around & watch

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,358
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic