Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I understand that Clemson is well financed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I understand that Clemson is well financed

Jan 20, 2016, 7:07 AM

But seriously is the ACC being served well by a Commissioner that has us being out funded by such a huge amount? I mean the SEC made $547 million dollars last year, that's almost $40 million per school! Maybe not this year or the next but one day soon, as Swofford keeps siting passively and as the the financial gap gets wider and wider, it's got to catch up with us. I just don't see anyway to compete with that kind of income. Now, the ACC network has been "delayed" which probably mean killed because the SEC and BIG10 networks have sucked the eSECpn well dry. It's a shame to be on the short end of the money stick, yet again. i hope they actually end up dissolving the ACC, maybe then we can be a member of a blended conference and can reap a financial reward.

Okay, ACC apologist, I've heard "the ACC is competing just fine, thank you"we aren't. We are just being forced to spend money we don't have, we are contemplating charging students activities fees to make up revenue "gaps" we are borrowing more and more money to compete in the facilities war, paying cost of attendance and now facing paying stipends to athletes....the $$$ engine is starting to over heat. No, I don't think the sky is falling but there is trouble on the horizon. What do we do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sell more ice cream and blue cheese?

Jan 20, 2016, 7:13 AM

I do believe the acc missed the boat on this one. I guess the real answer is donate more to iptay if you feel so passionate. Not sure there is an easy fix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dippin Dots are the key.***

Jan 20, 2016, 7:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Man.. not sure how I missed that. TU ;)***

Jan 20, 2016, 9:42 AM

null

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

you can increase your IPTAY donation?***

Jan 20, 2016, 7:31 AM

Re: I understand that Clemson is well financed

Jan 20, 2016, 7:34 AM

I read yesterday that the big 12 may be looking to go to 12 members......

Tell 'em, Coot!***

Jan 20, 2016, 7:37 AM

You're a pathetic idiot Wolverine

Jan 20, 2016, 8:09 AM

Now, go crawl under that rock you came from under. How dare you call me a coot! Typical, small minded, uneducated response. You do your kind proud!

Sheriff, allow me to present a fellow sophisticate...***

Jan 20, 2016, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Whatch yur ear wytiger...***

Jan 20, 2016, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The lady doth protest too much, methinks...***

Jan 21, 2016, 1:08 PM [ in reply to You're a pathetic idiot Wolverine ]

Re: You're a pathetic idiot Wolverine

Jan 21, 2016, 1:09 PM [ in reply to You're a pathetic idiot Wolverine ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18860102#18860102

Is this one of those serious posts predicting the future?***

Jan 20, 2016, 7:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You have to understand the difference between

Jan 20, 2016, 7:43 AM

Revenue and profit. $547MM was revenue, but it cost the network $1MM a day to operate

Split the profits with ESPN, and EACH school only netted $6MM

Thanks for an intelligent respose

Jan 20, 2016, 8:10 AM

I was in aware of those numbers, appreciate the info.

i meant unaware ....

Jan 20, 2016, 8:28 AM

Thanks.

Oops, looks like you forgot that you changed

Jan 21, 2016, 11:40 AM

user names before correcting yourself. Rookie scok mistake bruh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Oops, looks like you forgot that you changed

Jan 21, 2016, 11:44 AM

He was "unaware" that he'd changed over to his scok LOL.

8 out of 34 upvotes for wytiger LOL. Nothing like someone that feels the need to upvote themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

haha busted***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Oops, looks like you forgot that you changed ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

whoa, whoa, whoa... easy now, she's in respose.***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy.

Jan 21, 2016, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Oops, looks like you forgot that you changed ]

One for each of you.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: i meant unaware ....***

Jan 21, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to i meant unaware .... ]

Re: i meant unaware ....

Jan 21, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to i meant unaware .... ]

lol so sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Does acc have to split with raycon?***

Jan 20, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to You have to understand the difference between ]

Jan 20, 2016, 8:04 AM

Not sure that the ACC getting a network would mean more money. We have to dispell the perception that ESPN and the national media spins daily about our conference. Our teams going to bowls and loosing doesn't help us. Even though we had match ups with good teams and the sec was mostly matched up with lesser opponents. All ESPN looks at( because it help their agenda) is win and losses. We as a conference need wins in non conference games.
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2016, 8:06 AM

Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable response. Good points, something to think about.

Lol. Colatiger answered your concerns the best.***

Jan 20, 2016, 8:10 AM

Jan 20, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I understand that Clemson is well financed ]

Perhaps the ACC should request television network bids from all networks to establish their own network. Give ESPN a clear and reasonable deadline to complete the task or find another avenue.

Go Tigers!

LOL, last year when the West lost their bowls and the East lost

Jan 20, 2016, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I understand that Clemson is well financed ]

their rivalry games to the ACC, ESPN acted like it didn't happen. How ESPN looks at wins and loses depends on who's doing the winning and who's doing the losing. Then they warp their reporting to help promote their wholly owned subsidiary the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nope, sorry.

Jan 20, 2016, 11:44 AM

ESPN didn't "act like it didn't happen" I saw a bunch of coverage about it, and that carried well into this season. Heard them talking about it before this years rivalry games and bowl games.

But keep making up stuff to help fuel your ESPN conspiracy agenda!

Re: Nope, sorry.

Jan 20, 2016, 11:45 AM

And you keep pretending to be a Clemson fan even though you are fooling no one.

null

Basketball & Baseball are better daws for a conference

Jan 20, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I understand that Clemson is well financed ]

network than 3rd tier football games. In that area ,The ACC will mop up. What's holding up ESPN/ACC is the backlash ESPN created by forcing the SEC Network on everyone in package bundles. Now that Charter/Dish/Direct have taken them to court to force unbundling,their revenue has tank and ESPN has been laying off ever since starting the SEC Network. Coincidence ?

Jan 20, 2016, 8:30 AM

I believe the split was just over 31 million per school for the SEC which is up about 10 million from the last year of the BCS.

The ACC hasn't released any numbers so we don't know what the gap was but it was less than a million difference that last year of BCS so the gap could be less than a few million per school.

Tell 'em coot

Jan 20, 2016, 8:38 AM

Nice job jumping the gun and not even waiting for

Jan 20, 2016, 8:53 AM

the ACC tax filings before going full bich mode. You also seem to be equating revenue with profit....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The ACC needs to look at the next thing, not the networks

Jan 20, 2016, 9:18 AM

the conference networks cost on average between $0.40 to $0.66 per month to EVERY cable subscriber in the country. But when you look at the subscribers in their conference footprint it jumps up to about $1 per month for Big 10 network and $1.30 a month for the SEC network. So if you live in Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans etc your cable bill is almost $10 a month just in fees to ESPN/SECN/Longhorn. As much as we like to think that everyone is a college sports fan, they aren't. These numbers aren't economically sustainable. The sports networks and their fees and revenue share back to conferences are built on the backs of non-sports fans and they are the ones bolting cable. Its a house of cards.

(and those numbers are if you are under a promotional/contract price. When I rolled out of my directv contract period they told me that $4 of the increase was directly linked to the new SEC network.)

The ACC needs to look at direct to consumer and not going through cable.

Re: The ACC needs to look at the next thing, not the networks

Jan 21, 2016, 1:34 PM

You are right. These television deals are unsustainable. Will be interesting to see what happens the next time they're up for negotiations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jan 20, 2016, 9:47 AM

lol so many things wrong with this post.

I hope you let your husband handle the finances of the house.

null

whats even more astounding is that even with all that money

Jan 20, 2016, 10:50 AM

the chickens STILL suck!!

At this point, usuck has spent many, many millions of dollars on facilities improvements and coaches salaries, and they're 9-15 the last 2 years (regular season) with the likelihood of yet another losing season on the horizon.....at this point, with the personnel they're recruiting, there's a distinct possibility an entire class of freshmen may not go to a bowl game during their usuck career

the chickens are living proof throwing money at a problem doesnt necessarily fix it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats even more astounding is that even with all that money

Jan 21, 2016, 1:39 PM

We haven't had a a graduating class miss a bowl game in 17 years. It's pretty unlikely that will happen with this year's freshman class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats even more astounding is that even with all that money

Jan 21, 2016, 1:40 PM

I thought history didnt matter.

null

As soon as cable companies figure out that...

Jan 21, 2016, 1:46 PM

their losing customers is related to the ESPiN BS charges they will break this down a little more and give customers a better menu of packages. The football fans can then buy their favorite networks without paying for the services of others.

That hinges on the development of internet sports networks which will be the final and absolute solution. It's just a matter of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As soon as cable companies figure out that...

Jan 21, 2016, 1:48 PM

This will only cause ESPN to lose more money.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic