Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
you best recognize
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

you best recognize

Jul 14, 2017, 3:01 PM

wayne gallman

imo, wayne gallman is one of the best backs in the history of this fine university. i have seen plenty (priester, mack, flowers, allen, zachery, spiller, mcswain, austin, davis, etc.) wayne gallman is a ring of honor player. he did everything he was asked and was often overlooked by media and fans due to star power on team. if not for wayne and the defense in 2014, the year could have been much worse. his 2015 speaks for itself. and 2016, well, he was instrumental and one of the catalysts of our run. and imho, he made the play of the game in the national championship:

First-and-10 on the Alabama 39, 1:41
bama rolled into a 4-1-6 look rather than the 3-2-6 front they’d been using, and evans takes advantage. he gets a great jump outside on LT Mitch Hyatt, but the ball is out so quick, it doesn’t matter. secondly, clemson’s attempted hook-and-ladder play gets RB Gallman popped in the backfield by nickel Brown, but he shakes off the hit and managed positive yardage.
like clemson’s fourth-and-one call early in the game, this depends on a good block by TE Leggett that was not forthcoming. however, Gallman ran hard all night and manages to keep clemson from second-and-long.

if wayne gets tackled in backfield, the whole drive changes. momentum, play calling, loss of yardage, bama amped up, etc. not to mention the blocks he absorbed for dw. and he torched usuck in 3 games. wayne gallman was the truth - and we will miss him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFBT0Fguz78&t=76s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Legit poast

Jul 14, 2017, 3:05 PM

Poast is legit

Maybe too legit to quit , not sure .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Legit poast

Jul 14, 2017, 3:07 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legit poast***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Legit poast ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Legit poast***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Legit poast ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Ok , I'll bite. Who the f on tnet is putting Wayne down?

Jul 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

Let me at him...

I'll rip his eyes out..

Link?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Ok , I'll bite. Who the f on tnet is putting Wayne down?

Jul 14, 2017, 3:13 PM

There are a lot of coot lurkers on this bored.
They copy (or attempt to) everything our awesome team does, so they spy and lurk like Smeagle.
I guess we should be flattered.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2872457495/343db5088b414ebebdc5c4205d3b661f.jpeg[/img]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad for a Nkemdiche's consolation recruit.***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:13 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

nope - not bad at all***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:14 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Not bad for a Nkemdiche's consolation recruit.***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Not bad for a Nkemdiche's consolation recruit.*** ]

neither if Ryan Carter!! They have ACC and National Championship rings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They have National Championship rings"

Jul 14, 2017, 3:22 PM

and,
a good reputation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: "They have National Championship rings"

Jul 14, 2017, 3:26 PM

it's sarcasm; right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm more concerned over replacing his contribution than anyone's.***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same***

Jul 14, 2017, 3:45 PM

Re: you best recognize

Jul 14, 2017, 3:29 PM
IMG_4219.JPG(52.8 K)

G-MEN!

Jul 14, 2017, 4:43 PM

I'm glad my Giants (and maybe yours too) finally have a few of our Tigers. Hopefully Johnson will make the team and Goodson will start at LB. I believe Gallman will be the starter by next season...

Jul 14, 2017, 5:29 PM

Wayne meant far more to The Tigers than Kimdeechee meant to ol miss. I'm glad he stuck with us when his buddiy jumped ship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 6:05 PM

I loved me some Wayne train. Hope at least one of his new replacements plays with the same kind of toughness and effort he gave on every play- if so we might be able to do some more great things again this year.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Good tough back. Not really explosive at all, but a really

Jul 14, 2017, 6:37 PM

hard runner for a guy his size. Really dependable too, but I'm not sure i would take him ahead of Spiller, Davis, or Ellington. He was a really good fit for the team we had around though. We needed someone tough and reliable more than we needed a homerun threat like Spiller.

Jul 14, 2017, 6:47 PM

Absolutely agree with all of your assessments of the Wayne Train except for what you call the play of the game in the NCG. There were so many plays in the last drive alone that if we don't execute on just one of those plays, we may have had a different outcome. That being the case, you could make the argument that each of those plays was the play of the game.

For me, the play of the game was made by Hunter Renfrow when he made the TD saving tackle on Reuben Foster (I think it was Foster) after we fumbled on our side of the field. Renfrow was the only one in position to catch Foster and sacrificed his body to bring down the much larger linebacker. The Defense was able to hold Alabama to a field goal (4 points less than it appeared Alabama was getting as Foster was heading toward the end zone). Those 4 pts ended up being our margin of victory, which is why IMHO, the play of the game was Renfrow's lone tackle of the game.

Anyone else have a play that you thought was the play of the game?

Gallman's play of the year...

Jul 14, 2017, 7:34 PM

Was against FSU, when Legget caught the game winner. With out his block, Watson never gets the pass off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfd9rwvwGA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gallman's play of the year...

Jul 14, 2017, 11:15 PM

Absolutely. His blocking ability, and willingness, may be the hardest cog to replace.

Re: Gallman's play of the year...

Jul 15, 2017, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Gallman's play of the year... ]

You are absolutely right, I hadn't noticed that until you posted it. How he saw that guy coming is amazing, he'd have flattened DW4 if Wayne hadn't picked him up.

Thanks for putting that up.

Who is this Wayne Gallman you speak of?

Jul 14, 2017, 8:07 PM

Tia.

Signed,

NAT

Jul 14, 2017, 8:11 PM

HotRod McDowell was also underrated. I felt he didn't get enough credit after following Ellington and CJ.

No Pain No Wayne

Jul 14, 2017, 9:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUYZlMa-Zg

Re: No Pain No Wayne

Jul 14, 2017, 10:50 PM

Good post.
As the Op has said, 2015 speaks for itself. I've said it before and will mention again, Terry A. was a big part of developing Gallman from good to great. I talked with Terry about it a few years ago just before the 2015 season. He said that he had seen a lot of potential in Gallman as I noted that he was a dynamic runner and I liked his hard running. Allen said yea "he runs angry " and " I like that". He said that Gallman has " a lot to work with " but a lot of work to do. Well, he did. Broken records in 2015 and all. It was a short visit that day, but remember meeting a great Clemson RB as he was on his way to teaching another great Clemson RB how to elevate his game. They didn't call him
" The Wayne Train " because he was soft, yet just the opposite. Playing through cuts, bleeding and battering. He is one tough runner. Broke Priester's single season rushing yards record, and still holds it. We've had a lot of great backs at CU & Gallman was one of those for many reasons.

ATech

Jul 15, 2017, 1:25 AM

1:55 Speed Option Pitch for a big gain. Get use to a lot more of that this year. Kelly Bryant to Feaster will be murder.

Go Tigers!

???

#GoPrez

Fave Wayne Train moment is the TD vs FSU 2015

Jul 15, 2017, 1:55 AM

to seal the ACC Atlantic title and break a
3 game losing streak to the Noles. For what's
happened since (2 ACC titles, runner-up and
National Champs), it was kind of a turning
point for Clemson football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ewovol4u7s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without doubt, Wayne runs ANGRY!

Jul 15, 2017, 4:57 PM

My favorite Tiger since Duane Coleman.

Re: Without doubt, Wayne runs ANGRY!

Jul 17, 2017, 1:22 PM

Duane became one of my all time favorites after slapping the mouthy Tennessee guy.

Jul 15, 2017, 8:02 PM

W H A T ?? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a good point

Jul 15, 2017, 9:40 PM

Terry Allen was a true running back!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic