Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crazy fans that sit around you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,343

Crazy fans that sit around you

Jul 28, 2015, 8:47 PM

We have a family that sits behind us at the games that is always yelling dumb crap. They thought Tajh was a horrible QB and even said they wished he would break his arm. They thought Cole was horrible (which he was for the most part), but he was the one they wanted playing when they wanted Tajh out. They even started talking about Watson, saying he hands it off too much, or he runs too much. They HATED Chad Morris and thought he was the dumbest OC we have ever had.
Each year I pray they are not sitting behind us and each year they are there, screaming at Dabo to take their expert advise from the upper deck.
Who else has a problem like this? Any other stupid fans out there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounding a little cootish there.....***

Jul 28, 2015, 9:00 PM

Re: Crazy fans that sit around you

Jul 28, 2015, 9:01 PM

Our biggest problem is that the folks behind us sell their tickets for every game and there is always someone different there. Often, they are fans from the opposing team, and it seems like always coots for the scar game in DV. Very annoying.

I wish IPTAY would use more discretion when dolling out tickets. I think its a shame they wouldn't want decent seats to go to Clemson fans who are willing to pay but may not have the points to get them. One could argue, folks can use their tickets how they want ... and I agree ... but IPTAY can also choose to give out tickets the way they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, for crying out loud!

Jul 28, 2015, 10:17 PM

You really want IPTAY to interview 15,000 members to find out their intentions in what they are going to do with THEIR tickets? I know you frustration, but stay sane on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Crazy fans that sit around you ]

What is Iptay supposed to do? Are they supposed to check the seats every game and see if the person who bought them is actually sitting in them?

Well , I don't have season tickets or regular seats .

Jul 29, 2015, 12:21 AM

Yes , I am an IPTAY member , but my job in the merchant marine field means that I am gone from home around 240 days a year .
So I attend the home and away games that fall on dates that I am home , and I have nothing else planned to do .
I usually get to about 4 Clemson games a year , some years more , others less .
So I have sat in about every corner of Death Valley over the years ...and sometimes I wonder what the regulars in that area are thinking happened to the 2 to 6 people that normally would have sat where my (couple) or group is now sitting .
Tiger fans , and certainly alumnus are really friendly , welcoming people . I love my situation, because I have met so many cool and interesting folks over the years by bouncing around the Valley .
I am certain that I have drawn some curious looks from time to time ...because I am not (how should i say ) reserved in my displeasure over bad calls or when the Tigers screw up .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Only gotten in two fights at Clemson games --- both times

Jul 28, 2015, 10:47 PM

with an obnoxious Clemson fan. Once in Athens. Once at Clemson. 35 years apart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only gotten in two fights at Clemson games --- both times

Jul 28, 2015, 10:56 PM

Gee...What are the odds that guy was sitting next to you in 2 different stadiums 35 years apart? He's not your father in law is he? ;)

What a great underrated post.

Jul 29, 2015, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Only gotten in two fights at Clemson games --- both times ]

That's just at Clemson games.. can't imagine how you makr it through that LA traffic :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We got old Neckbeard sitting by us

Jul 28, 2015, 11:34 PM

So freaking annoying, the guy sits by himself but pretends to carry on conversations. No internal monologue

Jul 28, 2015, 11:37 PM

Yeah, a couple of years ago my seats were beside one of the professors who could not decide if he was the head coach or the play by play radio announcer.

About 12 years ago, four twenty-somthings beside me

Jul 29, 2015, 12:06 AM

were drunk. One threw up, just missed me and hit the guy's back in front of me. Security was called. As they were taking away the drunk who lost it, the other three started mouthing off. Six security guys got all of them out of there. A huge cheer and applause followed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donate more > Better seats***

Jul 29, 2015, 12:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We keep our bad seats because

Jul 29, 2015, 4:53 AM

we sit around some of the most awesome Clemson fans in the stadium. CU family. Love 'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are that guy....congrats bruh***

Jul 29, 2015, 5:08 AM

For years I thanked the Almighty for the fans sitting

Jul 29, 2015, 5:56 AM

adjacent to our seats, for they were most gracious and usually willing to participate in the raucous behavior that I exhibited.

One older couple were, perhaps, my most favorite, for the wife was especially supportive, often slapping me across the back and head in encouragement. Her actions were usually accompanied by particularly voraceous outbursts from her husband...outbursts laced with profanities that defied description or definition.

I repaid the support with repetitive trips to concessions, for they like me enjoyed a little "spiking" from flasks surreptitiously brought into the stadium, and after the games, they usually joined us at our tailgate. I miss them to this day. lol

I've been pretty fortunate in that regard.....

Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 AM

I've been sitting in the same seats for well over 15 years now, and in all that time, there has been pretty much just one guy who isn't happy unless he is b!tching and moaning about something and he makes sure that everyone around him can hear him. Even when the offense and the defense are both clicking on all cylenders, he still goes out of his way to find something to gripe and complain about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Last name Rogers?***

Jul 29, 2015, 8:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Last name Rogers?***

Jul 29, 2015, 8:08 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,343
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic