Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After several days, I find myself more disappointed and mad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

After several days, I find myself more disappointed and mad

Jan 14, 2016, 1:26 PM

I love Clemson football. I'm a Clemson grad...grew up a Clemson fan, forever. I understand how important that game was and how rare those opportunities can be. I also understand that someone has to win and someone has to lose. As the game ended, I was happy to have a team that made it that far, proud of our players and coaches and proud to be a Clemson Tiger. Three days later, I'm still all of those things. Our players played their hearts out...they were the best team on the field, no doubt. My new-found disappointment comes from realizing how close we were...seeing all of the "Alabama - National Champions" articles on yahoo and espn...realizing those should be about us. We out played and out coached Alabama for 3 full quarters. I thought we were a quarter away from being Nation Champions, proving ESPN and the rest of the world wrong. We owned the 3rd quarter. We had the ball, at one point towards the end of the quarter, on Alabama's 40, 1st and 10, up 3, with a chance to go up 10 and seize momentum for good. We had moved the ball all 3rd quarter and played on their side of the field all quarter. Other than a fluke long TD pass, we had played great on defense all quarter. I felt like that possession was the real turning point. We eventually punted the ball back to them, into the endzone for a touchback. They came out and about 3 plays later threw another fluke long TD pass (as they did all night), then came the onsides kick, game over, for all intensive purposes...we never recovered.

I'm disappointed that we played so well and came so close...I'm mad that we lost a National Championship on an onsides kick that we were completely unprepared for and out coached on. Sure, we didn't lose it on that play...there were 150 other plays that helped make the outcome what it was. We gave up a kickoff return for a td...that sucked...that hurt...that helped close the door. But the onside kick was the most preventable play of the game. Their coaches saw an opportunity, our coaches gave them that opportunity. I'm mad that we played well enough to win, but gave them an extra possession on a preventable onsides kick. Had we not cheated so far over, that play isn't there. It literally takes lining up Kearse 5 more yards towards our sideline, and that play doesn't happen.

As with anything, the disappointment and mad feelings will soon disappear...but that's my thoughts three days out. I love our coaching staff...they got us to that point. We have the best coaches in America (second only to the team we lost to, possibly). Today just sucks because we were so close. So ready for NSD, spring ball and 2016! The 2016 team is going to be even better...I can't wait to see where they go!

*disclaimer - call me a coot, call me whatever...screw you, I don't care. I promise you, I love Clemson football and Clemson University more than you do, and just because I'm a realist, that doesn't mean I'm a troll or a coot. I won't respond to or read comments that go there, so don't waste my time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are a coot and a whatever***

Jan 14, 2016, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't call you a coot.

Jan 14, 2016, 1:30 PM

I'd say you're a spoiled whineazz coot and say there's no way I could waste more of your time than you did with all that whining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously??

Jan 14, 2016, 1:37 PM

It was a football GAME.... both teams played hard...and one team lost. Nothing to do with coaching, just a matter or inches. Proud to be a Tiger...get over it or move on to another team.

You've got to let it go - nothing to change it........

Jan 14, 2016, 1:36 PM

now - just have to hope that we learn from our mistakes so we don't repeat them.

It is frustrating that we weren't beaten overall but by a few big plays - it hurts.

It wasn't Kearse... we have another #1 on the team***

Jan 14, 2016, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: After several days, I find myself more disappointed and mad

Jan 14, 2016, 1:38 PM

Not reading all that BS from a known Chicken fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 14, 2016, 5:01 PM

Go away. You are sad little man. I can pretty much predict your normal response. You are a big poosie.

Dude if you think the breaks always goes Bama's way

Jan 14, 2016, 1:50 PM

you're crazy. Nick Saban has probably missed out on 3 other national titles since 2008 because of chitty breaks.H3ll between 1968 and 1975 Bama couldn't sniff a bowl win.LOL and they claim the 1973 National Title even though they lost to Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.Ask a current day Tide fan if they know about that! :).

Re: Dude if you think the breaks always goes Bama's way

Jan 14, 2016, 2:13 PM

"The 1973 Alabama football team was selected national champions by the Coaches Poll as at the time the final poll was announced prior to the bowl games." Any team's fan base would claim that NC under those circumstances...

Re: Dude if you think the breaks always goes Bama's way

Jan 14, 2016, 2:18 PM

but is that the right way or the wrong way?? how can a natty champ lose a bowl game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

lol NALT- I couldn't resist being a bit of a smartazz about

Jan 14, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Dude if you think the breaks always goes Bama's way ]

73 but to my larger point I know you can back me up about things not always going the Tide's way under the Bear and Saban. And then after some bad breaks you get good one. Case in point Bama stopping Penn State on what-the one foot line?! to win the 78 National Title in the 79 Sugar Bowl(with future NY Jet Marty Lyons). I had a friend who was a huge Penn St fan and he always told me that they never beat the "Bear".

Jan 14, 2016, 2:07 PM

I think when you love something as much as most of us love our Tigers, there is bound to be some pain and disappointment when we fall short. It's easy to judge you and make snide comments about your feelings but hey, we all process things differently. One thing, just understand that if the players, coaches and staff that put so much heart, energy, blood, sweat and tears into this season, can rise up and move on, then so can we. As fans, we kind of owe them for all the joy and excitement they've given us this season.

I swear, I am not judging you, I've been there too. Just believe the best is yet to come for our Tigers and there isn't anything our anybody that can stop us! Go Tigers!

I agree, and appreciate the comment. My time to move on

Jan 14, 2016, 2:21 PM

will come...I was just expressing my hurt today. Totally owe the players a coaches for the ride they gave us. AND, in all honesty, had it not been for a gimmick fake punt in the Orange Bowl, one play, we may not have been playing for the Natty. It is what it is. Great ride...ready for next year!

Hey..I'm peed that ST (123rd out of 128) & D backs scre*wed

Jan 14, 2016, 2:28 PM

it up for rest of TEAM, Coaches & TiGER Nation! Shame on them!!!

That's all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree, and appreciate the comment. My time to move on

Jan 14, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to I agree, and appreciate the comment. My time to move on ]

I like to say that college football is a cruel mistress. As much as you would like to think it's all a game of skill sometimes lady luck smiles on you and sometimes she doesn't .I was a kid when Clemson lost very badly to Pittsburgh in the 77 Gator Bowl and that seemed like an end of the world loss to me after Clemson had looked so good against Notre Dame(who won the national title that year) just weeks before. But it made the winning in the years to come that much better. I think you will see that too.

What are "intensive purposes"?***************

Jan 14, 2016, 5:16 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just need to take that with a grade of slaw.***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im with you

Jan 14, 2016, 5:19 PM

And I feel your heartache.

Injuries are unfortunate, but they are part of the game of football. Mac plays , we win. Forget all the other. It's that simple.

Anyhow, next year we gonna be skrong ????

It still hurts but

Jan 14, 2016, 5:41 PM

Im not mad or sad about it. When i think about how i felt before the season i don't feel disappointed at all. Before the season i was concerned about losing over half of our starters on defense, Chad Morris leaving and wondering how well our first year co offensive coordinators would do, DW had a hard time staying healthy his freshman yr so i was worried about him getting hurt and if our freshman backups could run our offense, i didn't know how a true freshman LT could hold up against biggers defensive lineman, and i was concerned about our depth at LB. I was thinking at the absolute best we would be 12-2. But instead, we had arguably the best season ever in Clemson history...won the ACC, Won 14 straight games, won the Orange bowl and made it to the national championship. These guys exceeded my expectations and i couldn't be more happier with how they played all season. Dont get so down, we have a very bright future

Very well-stated and precisely how I viewed the season.***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic