Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you need to stop trying to talk football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,213

Some of you need to stop trying to talk football

Oct 27, 2013, 3:12 PM

b/c you are showing your ignorance.

"We had one on one coverage" -- No we didn't. You may think it was b/c you don't know, but UMD played a lot of 3 deep and quarters, quarters, halves. The backed off, which is why Chad kept throwing Sammy the spot

"We're predictable on offense" -- WTH? If by predictable, you mean we'll take what you give us, then yea. As long as people back off #2, we'll throw it out to him. See the Syracuse game to find out what happens when you play man free. Also, check our run/pass ratio if you're worried about balance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

York, what is your opinion on why the offense seems off

Oct 27, 2013, 3:23 PM

Lack of a good inside running game? It seemed like all runs longer than 4 yards were C/D gap runs. Also lack of a power back.

Or, inconsistent play at the WR position outside of Sammy Watkins. It seems like the coaches are trying to get more time for Williams and less time for Bryant. Boyd doesn't seem as in sync with those guys as he is with Sammy. I think that's part of the reason for his inconsistent play. I think the injury to Peake hurt a lot worse than people realize.

TE play is down from the last few years. The guys at the position now don't seem like they can match the play of Allen and Ford.

All of the above? Just curious.

and Nuk covered a lot of blemishes.***

Oct 27, 2013, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's obvious we miss Dalton Freeman and I think the Peake

Oct 27, 2013, 3:26 PM [ in reply to York, what is your opinion on why the offense seems off ]

loss has hurt us more than anyone anticipated.

But, if 40 points and over 500 yards is struggling, then I think we've successfully changed the culture around here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's several small things that lead to seemingly

Oct 27, 2013, 4:59 PM [ in reply to York, what is your opinion on why the offense seems off ]

big stuff...

I like Hot Rod, but he's not a true RB. I think Brooks is, and I think he'll be really good. I would like to see him get more touches. AE was the best pure tailback we've had in a while, and that includes Spiller.

I also think that the last few weeks, people have decided to take away deep stuff, and make our guys beat them after the catch. That's an automatic 5-7 per play, if we execute. The problem is that we haven't been able to do it b/c of ball handling, bad reads, etc...

It's not the scheme. We are still one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the country. You can tell b/c of how people play us. The are saying they will let Sammy, Adam, etc... catch it and run, but you're not gonna throw it deep. They are banking that we will make some mistakes, and we have. If we don't we roll people no matter what they do.

Concerning FSU...

1. They're d@mn good
2. It got out of hand and we couldn't get it back.
3. They gave us stuff, and we just couldn't make the plays.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

mostly agree, except about a.e. over spiller. both are

Oct 27, 2013, 5:12 PM

capable of long runs, but i feel that a.e. used moves more, while cj had better overall speed. both were capable of, but not asked (much)to run between the tackles, and i wouldn't want either one to, myself. they just don't have the body type. cj,imo, caught the ball better out of the backfield. i am glad we had them both, i just liked cj better, and that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about those.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiller was a heckuva player, but he's not a true TB...

Oct 27, 2013, 5:19 PM

AE hit the hole much quicker than Spiller. Spiller was more of a homerun threat, but even with his size, AE was much better between the tackles.

Also, as shifty as Spiller is, AE had the quickest burst I've ever seen at the line of scrimmage.

This team misses AE and Hopkins more than people realize

Oct 27, 2013, 9:47 PM

they were enormous difference makers that no one on this team can come close to replacing. We have a great #1 receiver and then a bunch of good receivers. Last yr we had two NFL threats and a tailback that could take it the distance at anytime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT......BUT

Oct 27, 2013, 3:53 PM

You need to stop talking down to people. Mr Big 12

go ahead..... continue on

york county is cool...um no***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:58 PM

Re: Some of you need to stop trying to talk football

Oct 27, 2013, 9:38 PM

Although I tend to appreciate what you say York, I disagree with a lot of it. Stacking receivers that close to the sideline allows one man to jam the first and break the momentum of the second forcing a bubble screen and allowing neither to break deep down the sideline. It also forces either a short gain to the sideline or a skinny slant that nets maybe 5 or 6 yards. I definitely prefer a conventional slot and wideout. Secondly that play often worked in the past couple of years because Hopkins and especially Brown were GREAT downfield blockers, oddly enough this is where we miss Peake more than even his receiving ability, although Hopper looks pretty good as a downfield blocker from his work Saturday. We need to throw deep even into coverage because right now, we are throwing short into coverage as safeties creep up no longer respecting our deep ball, leaving extremely small windows behind the linebackers. Our tight ends have disappeared for the most part in the last couple of games and in some cases aren't even being covered even by slow linebackers.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic