Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
emailed ESPN (updated reply!)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

emailed ESPN (updated reply!)

Jan 8, 2015, 11:24 AM

to see if they would reair our game in it'sentirety since they couldn't manage to do it correctly the first go-round on one channel.

Good morning!
Would you please consider re-airing the Russell Athletic Bowl in its entirety? I noticed this morning that many games are being re-aired on ESPNU, one being the 2014 Clemson @ FSU game. Honestly, I think Clemson fans would rather see our bowl game again, and since ESPN had to air the beginning of it on ESPN2 due to the other game on ESPN overrunning into our time slot), we were not able to record the entire game on our DVRs. I would like an opportunity (and I'm sure other fans would as well) to have a full recording of the entire broadcast (not one of those 2 hour cut down versions). I would appreciate notification if this is going to be aired again so that I can set my DVR, and tell the rest of my Clemson friends!

Got this sorry response:

Thanks for writing.

This program is not currently scheduled to re-air; and unfortunately, video copies are not available.

Told them how I really feel:

And you aren't willing to re-air it since your network botched the first airing of the game? That's really quite dissapointing, considering you have plenty of dead time from midnight to 4 or 5am when something like this could be replayed on any one of your number of stations.

NOW, LET'S GO 'TIGERNET' ON THEM. FIRE UP THE EMAILS!! :D
support@espncustomercare.com

...just got a new reply!!!
Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: emailed ESPN to see if they would reair our game in it's

Jan 8, 2015, 11:27 AM

Good for u

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing how many times they'll show a SEC game...

Jan 8, 2015, 11:32 AM

Of course, those are generally aired in the prime 'after-hour' slots. This year's policy must be to abandon the reruns since they didn't end well for their conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like they aren't re-airing any bowl games...

Jan 8, 2015, 11:35 AM

Except the playoff games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPNU is showing almost all of them over.***

Jan 8, 2015, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not on the schedule I was looking at.

Jan 8, 2015, 11:42 AM

Only one I saw was the Sugar Bowl, then the playoff final next week.

LOL. Botched the first airing? How did they do that?

Jan 8, 2015, 11:41 AM

They at least show the first of games when others run over on other channels that 99% of the population gets.

You can watch the whole thing on youtube. Just go to youtube and search for Clemson Ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first 10 minutes were on ESPN2

Jan 8, 2015, 12:27 PM

They then switched to ESPN immediately and suddenly mid-drive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

i knew that***

Jan 8, 2015, 8:17 PM

Lol. Then you knew what she meant by "botched".***

Jan 8, 2015, 8:32 PM

Swing and a miss

Jan 8, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to LOL. Botched the first airing? How did they do that? ]

Maybe you should re-read the original post where she talked about not getting the first 10 minutes recorded on DVR due to it being aired on ESPN2. It is about obtaining a video recording of it without having to see the last quarter of the game before when it should have been the start of the Clemson game.

Re: emailed ESPN to see if they would reair our game in it's

Jan 8, 2015, 11:44 AM

oh boy, we will be stuck with anish schroff forever. Thanks suzi, really, thanks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THey replayed a two hour version of it a couple of times

Jan 8, 2015, 12:07 PM

the week of the game. But your request was very reasonable and perhaps they would be more inclined to replay it more if it wasn't such a rout. However, do you know you can pull up the whole game on youtube. Tigerray already has it up and it is not broken up like it aired.

yes, youtube is great, but I like to rewatch games on my tv

Jan 8, 2015, 12:30 PM

before bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. It's really crappy they won't re-air it. And the 2 hour version SUCKS because they don't show any of our Defense.

Photobucket

Suzi, check your Tmail***

Jan 8, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I hear ya about preference for tv. And yes, the two hour

Jan 8, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to yes, youtube is great, but I like to rewatch games on my tv ]

version does suck. There are probably some people that can tell you how to transfer the computer to your tv, but I haven't mastered that yet.

Ever heard of an HDMI cable or a DVR?

Jan 8, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to yes, youtube is great, but I like to rewatch games on my tv ]

I respect anyone trying to stick it to ESPN, but I got to be selective with choosing my battles on this one.

As someone who records every Clemson football game throughout the year (trashing the ones we lose, of course), as well as hooking up laptop to tv to enjoy tigerray uploads, I'm having a hard time feeling too badly for ya on this one.

How do you hook the laptop to the tv and does it come up as

Jan 8, 2015, 3:11 PM

HD?

Not unless you have an HDMI ouput on your laptop***

Jan 8, 2015, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I have had great success using YouTube / watchESPN

Jan 8, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to How do you hook the laptop to the tv and does it come up as ]

via Chromecast ($35 and can be used with iOS, android, and Windows). You do have to have a wireless network in your home.

I have really enjoyed tigerray's videos since the commercials are taken out. And, watchESPN has the entire RAB game in their 'replay' section. One of which is from the skycam view - no commentary, just crowd noise, but it does have a few commercials.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: How do you hook the laptop to the tv and does it come up as

Jan 8, 2015, 9:57 PM [ in reply to How do you hook the laptop to the tv and does it come up as ]

HDMI out of the PC straight into your HDMI receiver or HDTV...can easily do 1080p that way if the video uploaded is in 1080p...done it severeal times myself.

Jan 10, 2015, 11:43 PM [ in reply to How do you hook the laptop to the tv and does it come up as ]

If you have a Blu-Ray player with a USB port, you can copy the Youtube video to a USB stick and watch it that way.

Jan 11, 2015, 2:35 AM

There are smart tv's, like I have in mu living room, that already has YouTube, Netflix and others already installed on them. That is great for some, like myself, and worth the investment.

You can also hook your laptop up to your tv as long as your laptop and tv both have HDMI ports, as some have already explained. Another way is to copy the game to a flash drive and plug it into your USB port on your tv, if it has one.

If none of those options are available, then you can hook up a ps3 or ps4 to your tv, which I have in my bedroom, and download YouTube to it and watch it that way. I aslo think that there is a box of some sort that you can purchase from WalMart or Target that has YouTube, Netflix and a bunch of other good programs installed on them.

Clemson vs Ok on YouTube

Jan 8, 2015, 12:34 PM

You can watch this game on YouTube

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZVNRN1tUQ

Re: emailed ESPN (updated reply!)

Jan 8, 2015, 2:22 PM

Are we seriously dissapointed about the telecast of a game that we already know the results to? LIke another poster said, "Youtube"...become friends with it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 8, 2015, 2:27 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16646853

In other words - "thank you Suzi" - shove it!!!!******

Jan 8, 2015, 2:25 PM

I emaled espn also...

Jan 8, 2015, 2:28 PM

they said they prefer shemales....

there were no bowl games this year

Jan 8, 2015, 2:38 PM

sincerely,

Mike Slive

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2015, 2:53 PM

In other words,we are telling you what you want to hear. We are not re airing the game because we suck! ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2015, 3:10 PM

From ESPN Public Relations:

Dear Clemsonsuzi,

We here at ESPN believe that ALL college athletics are equally important, especially teams from the SEC. That is why we have invested BILLIONS of dollars building an entirely new network devoted specifically to the teams of the SEC, and why we continue to trump the SEC brand, even in a season in which, by all accounts, they have had less than stellar accomplishments. We firmly believe that EVERY team deserves to have their games televised, whether that team is Alabama, Auburn, LSU or even Vanderbilt. As deeply rooted in College Football as we are here at ESPN, we understand your excitement during this historic season, featuring the first ever College Football Playoffs, and your excitement hasn't gone unnoticed. That is why we are pleased to announce SEC II, an additional channel devoted to the lesser known SEC athletic match-ups (bet you had no idea Missouri fought Betta fish - trust us, neither did we!). All of this being said, there are simply too many collegiate matches taking place in the SEC alone for us to share time with another conference or team. When billions of our dollars are invested in a fraction of the college sports landscape, it doesn't make sense to waste money broadcasting a team that does not fit into that market, does it? Thank you for your patronage and understanding, and living in close proximity to Clemson, SC, we congratulate you on making your home in an area surrounded by the best collegiate athletics in the world - the SEC.

Sincerely, E$PN.

Download it off youtube.***

Jan 8, 2015, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet they showed that SEC storied and Bama vs AU 700 times***

Jan 8, 2015, 10:46 PM

1st email was classy. 2nd one was very T-Net of you.

Jan 8, 2015, 10:54 PM

Like the bad, dark corner of T-Net where all the whiners hang out and think about the next thing to ##### and complain about. Why does our fan base have people whose feelings are hurt so easily? I'll never know. Makes people hate Clemson fans.

It's on YouTube btw...if that helps.

Re: 1st email was classy. 2nd one was very T-Net of you.

Jan 8, 2015, 11:11 PM

Stereotype much?

Re: 1st email was classy. 2nd one was very T-Net of you.

Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 PM

Not really...I like Pandora more than plain old stereo, and I don't like typing while listening to it.

ESPN does not allot enough time for completion of games ...

Jan 11, 2015, 1:36 AM

Unfortunately, the problem with our game is a pretty routine issue with ESPN.

If you're watching live, it's okay because they begin the game over on ESPN 2, but that doesn't help people who were trying to DVR the game while they were driving home from work at 5:30 pm on a Monday evening.

I think Suzi's gripe is legitimate and ESPNs responses are lame "robo-replies"

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic