Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's pretend Dabo was a Black man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,663

Let's pretend Dabo was a Black man

Sep 15, 2016, 9:43 AM

and made the comments yesterday, where would this issue have gone ??

My guess, he would have been invited to every talkshow, every morning news show, every evening news network show, and to all the BS espn shows to discuss his comments so the entire world could hear his eloquent words.

But NO, he is a white man making millions of dollars so his opinion does not matter and he should not speak about the matter. A white man knows nothing of oppression and suffering, how dare he bring up MLK Jr. and say the Colin is going about his protest the wrong way!!

Well my friends, CDS knows much more about the "struggle" much more so than Colin will ever even understand.

I am sick and tired of this agenda to demoralize and ridicule people of faith and moral standing in this world, and now it is not only based on their faith and morals but on the skin color. What has happened to society ?? Dabo is a great man and to be honest probably the best thing to happen to Clemson football, but more importantly he is involved with young men in this world who look up to him and trust he has their best interest at heart. Everyone getting upset, what are they so upset about ? He does not agree with someones protest against our National Anthem and thinks it could be done differently and gave ideas, what is wrong with that I ask ? Does Dabo think he is better than Colin, or any other player protesting, of course not. But ask yourself, what good does it do to not stand during the Anthem, what great cause have you helped ?? NOTHING, that's what.

Honestly, I think Mike & Mike is a great show on social commentary into sports. The fact they had callers disagreeing with Dabo is fine, everyone has their thoughts and the fact they do not express their morals or beliefs in anything other than themselves shows just how little their opinion should matter. What Dabo says has no effect on me, my family, my profession, my life in general.... The fact it has upset so many people is simply textbook narcissism at its finest. Oh, you don't agree with Dabo, what do you believe should be the question and I guarantee you none of them can give a response that even makes the least bit of sense in questioning Dabo.

This is pissing me off now since there are so many ignorant, incompetent, and hateful people out there who wish nothing but the worst for people. I would say I will pray for them but I'm sure someone will be offended!!! What happens when you are offended or your feelings get hurt ??? Anybody know, well I know, NOTHING... As an adult you get over it and move on about your daily life. Any response other than that and you are not an adult, plain and simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's pretend Dabo is a football coach

Sep 15, 2016, 9:45 AM

prepping his team for a game. That would be a nice change

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's pretend Dabo is a football coach

Sep 15, 2016, 9:52 AM

I think he's prepping them for two games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

yes, I agree to but the devil that is

Sep 15, 2016, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's pretend Dabo is a football coach ]

the media ask a question and now this has become an issue for him to deal with.

When did faith and morals take a back seat to Homosexuality, Gender Identity, Inequality, Skin Color ??? Don't bring up God, unless you are a black athlete!!

The problem with this world always has been and always will be, humans! Too much greed, too much hate, too much laziness, too much not my problem, too much woe is me, too much of about everything.

Perhaps Dabo should have avoided the question and moved on, but that is not Dabo and he will not back down. Could it be his downfall, if so it is because society has failed him!!

Or Dabo could have just declined to answer the question.

Sep 15, 2016, 9:56 AM

Or given a brief answer. He went with sermon.

My thoughts when watching the press conference

robertn, I do not disagree with that at all

Sep 15, 2016, 10:02 AM

but we all know Dabo is not going to give a simple, boring answer to that. He has his beliefs and my thoughts are that the person asking the question knew what was coming!

I'm glad he answered but agree that the easy measure would have been to leave it alone and move on but easy, easy is for people with no beliefs!! Easy is worthless, lazy, Dabo is anything but easy, which is unlike many of those who disagrees with him and gives no rhetoric, no platform for why they disagree. They would rather ridicule, but for me the opinion of ignorance is null...

Re: robertn, I do not disagree with that at all

Sep 15, 2016, 10:37 AM

I think Dabo is building his platform for a run in 2024.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or Dabo could have just declined to answer the question.

Sep 15, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Or Dabo could have just declined to answer the question. ]

Completely agree. Nothing wrong with his response but from the position he is in he should have gave a short quick answer. Something like,

"I would never punish a player for exercising their first amendment rights, I think everyone should exercise their rights. However I would not want any of my players to do this because I believe it causes a distraction and division to the team."

He should have stopped there. Going on about MLK and everything else was just asking for trouble.

TLDR

Sep 15, 2016, 12:40 PM

but for reals

I tend to agree. I'm not saying anything because I'm white and would hate to hurt someone's feels.

Maybe he is black if that is the race he identifies with

Sep 15, 2016, 12:45 PM

who are we to say

Is Dabo black?

Sep 15, 2016, 12:47 PM

I don't see race. I wouldn't know.

Re: Let's pretend Dabo was a Black man

Sep 15, 2016, 12:51 PM

I've been traveling so have missed out on all the fun apparently. Dabo actually just needs to learn when to keep his opinions to himself on things like this. Why did he feel compelled to say anything at all other than what Colin was doing was his own business? He is in the limelight now and needs to just stay away from controversial issues like this. While he may feel compelled to comment personally, he has to also keep in mind that he represents his team and an entire university. Just zip it and coach football.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic