Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Indiana Redneck's "attempted lynching" made National
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

The Indiana Redneck's "attempted lynching" made National

Jul 8, 2020, 8:41 AM

news this morning...about a 3 minute segment on The Today Show.

Edit: I should say that I don't think they used the word "lynching" in the segment. But they did display the names of 2 of the rednecks - which seemed odd since no charges have been brought (yet).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there's your reason no one watches Today***

Jul 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

Well, that and working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and once AGAIN we see how the media are insane

Jul 8, 2020, 8:59 AM

This is major news, but all these killings lately, doesnt even get 2 seconds, if that.
The news seems to cheer the riots and burning cities, and cops getting beat up.
Black attacking whites, meh.

This, major news!!

It tells a lot what they ignore and what they choose to hightlight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was trespassing involved, right?***

Jul 8, 2020, 9:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the validity of the victim's story.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:05 AM

According to the story they had permission, and the rednecks didn't own the property.

Needs more details.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I THOUGHT in his original FB post - the victim stated

Jul 8, 2020, 10:08 AM

that his group had accidentally wandered onto private property. Maybe it has since come out that the rednecks didn't own it either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I THOUGHT in his original FB post - the victim stated

Jul 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

From his post.

On our way into the park we (a friend and I) encountered a large white male (seemingly drunk) wearing an oversized hat with a confederate flag print on it. We were polite and continued on even though the encounter felt awkward. We noticed he began following us in an ATV, and we stopped as he drove up behind us and then stated we were on private property. We relayed to him that we believed the organizers had received permission from the property owners to cross, but apologized and went on to our beautiful site just off the water without any further incident. When we arrived we told the event organizer of the encounter and it was relayed that the individual wasn’t the actual property owner and the organizer apologized.

Even still, we advised our folks still in route to use the public beach way to avoid any possible conflict arising. We later found out that these individuals had blocked off the public beach way with a boat and their ATVs claiming that it was also their land. When folks tried to crossed they yelled, “white power” at them. Honestly, we thought it might just be the one drunken individual with the confederate hat we had encountered earlier who might be instigating the conflict. We decided to just walk back and attempt to simply have a conversation with some of the more sober seeming group members and see if we could smooth things over a bit. We were calm and polite, but looking back now, it’s apparent that these individuals began targeting our group the moment they saw myself, a Black man and were looking to provoke a conflict.

Either way, depends on his validity, and I agree on the biased coverage from your OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I THOUGHT in his original FB post - the victim stated

Jul 8, 2020, 11:01 AM

If that facebook oost is true then that is truly F'ed up.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are truths to it, in all of those videos, the group

Jun 26, 2023, 11:24 AM

being attacked were all very calm and didn't raise their voices, didn't shout insults or do rude gestures.

But again, all we have is the victim's story in the FB post, which paints an incredibly disturbing story.

Right now it’s definitely not a good look

Jul 8, 2020, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the fact checking the private property part, I only heard in passing on the news (real talk, not sarcasm font)

Re: The Indiana Redneck's "attempted lynching" made National

Jul 8, 2020, 9:16 AM

Also it wasn't lynching per law. Has to be premeditated.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:37 AM

Damm Yankees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 8, 2020, 9:20 AM

I saw it on GMA too.

It's completely one-sided, flame-fanning reporting. If it was journalism, they would have interviewed the rednecks - they would be easily accessible. But no, let's just show one side of the story to make it seem that much worse. It's a NOTHING story at this point. Just like the Russian bounty.

Interestingly enough, GMA has their COVID emergency segment suggesting to everyone Trump is going to kill us all because he doesn't have control over COVID, yet they DO AN ENTIRE SEGMENT ON HOW DISNEY IS REOPENING WITH ALL THESE WONDERFUL PRECAUTIONS.

The hypocrisy is so obvious and lame.

More ridiculous is that the dumbcrats do not even notice these things. They just keep happily skipping around in their liberal echo chamber looking down upon all the deplorables.

Jul 8, 2020, 9:25 AM

America is so racist that it is national news when a bunch of rednecks pin an african american to a tree when he was apparently trespassing.

And Crazy ### leftist think it's a lynching. LOL. What a bunch of hysterical bozos.

Did you watch the video?

Jul 8, 2020, 9:34 AM

If so, it seems fitting that you would side with the half-braindead mouthbreathers.

The point is that it was National News warranting 3 minutes

Jul 8, 2020, 10:01 AM

8-year-old gunned down by protesters? - No

Armed black militia walking up to white people asking for Reparations? - No

Rednecks roughing up a mouthy trespassing black guy? - 3 minutes

I don't think anyone has argued that the rednecks handled the situation appropriately...

Re: Did you watch the video?

Jul 8, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Did you watch the video? ]

I watched the whole video and I didn't hear any racist remarks. There were some statements made that I couldn't really understand.

I'm not siding with them you #######. I am waiting to hear more info about the case, because nothing from the video suggest that the motives were racist. If they were, then they should be condemned.

I'm also making fun of Catahoula because he posted a thread that said it was an attempted lynching.

Question, what would you classify a white person

Jul 8, 2020, 11:02 AM

calling a black person a "nappy headed #####", if you don't think that's a racist remark.

yep sombody calling somebody else nappy headed

Jul 8, 2020, 11:09 AM

is certainly worthy of national news

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, that's helpful to this conversation.***

Jul 8, 2020, 11:11 AM

Re: Question, what would you classify a white person

Jul 8, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Question, what would you classify a white person ]

I didn’t hear the nappy headed part. That certainly could suggest racial undertones.

The main issue here is the trespassing part. If he was trespassing and that was their property, then they have a right to kick them out.

If it was property that they were allowed to be on and the rednecks didn’t own it then there is a huge problem. Just waiting for more information to come out.

Also the fact that this is national news and you have emotional children creating threads saying it was an attempted lynching is ridiculous.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The Indiana Redneck's "attempted lynching" made National ]

NC_Tiger: "If the news isn't blatantly right-wing biased and doesn't tell me what I want to hear, it's bad journalism!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic