Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Ray Rice situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Ray Rice situation

Sep 11, 2014, 8:25 AM

Swinney on Ray Rice situation

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brotha. But people who entertain us are the only ones

Sep 11, 2014, 8:51 AM

we really care about.

That was one of the best High Road answers I heard

Sep 11, 2014, 8:56 AM

Tired of the media keep saying it is a football issue and like everyone was surprised about the events that happened in the elevator. The first video that came out months back showed an unconscious female coming out of the elevator. What did people think he just pushed her.

This reaction because they just saw what actually happened? Come on this should of been dealt with in the beginning.

Dabo didn't get caught up in commenting on a specific event he should not get involved with. Keep is golbal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Ray Rice situation

Sep 11, 2014, 9:11 AM

Well said

Love Dabo. He's one Godly and high-character man.***

Sep 11, 2014, 9:46 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 11, 2014, 10:53 AM

ESPN, FOX, NBC etc. never used their investigative reporters during their initial criminal investigation, NFL investigation or suspension to uncover the mystery tape. Perhaps they have too many financial ties with the NFL to cast a bad light on their NFL bed partners. Funny how TMZ and AP are doing all the investigative news reporting.

Perhaps the major networks conveniently turned their eyes elsewhere. Obviously like the NFL, these major media corporations have the financial resources and contacts to discover the mystery tape. And now all their anchors, reporters and commentators are shocked and outraged??? It appears like a bunch or reactive journalism - with little to do about moral consciousness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 11:25 AM

You are right. The NFL can kill certain stories and put pressure on reporters. We have a family friend that covers the NFL for a major network and he has told us some crazy stories about trying to objectively cover the NFL. When Spurrier was at Washington, he had him banned from their facilities because he was too harsh on them.

Sep 11, 2014, 10:59 AM

All over it, Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Craig

Sep 11, 2014, 11:38 AM

Beat his girlfriend with a towel rack and we didn't kick him off... it took multiple incidents and poor grades to finally give him the boot.

No... I'm not a "coot" so don't start with that BS. Simply stating the obvious. Clemson grad, season ticket holder, father of two daughters. Nothing more disgusting then violence towards women.

yep

Sep 11, 2014, 11:40 AM

Craig was in my bowling class my sophomore year. After he had beat his gf to a pulp

Re: Joe Craig

Sep 11, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Joe Craig ]

I thought TB was head coach then? Craig was a receiver coached by Dabo though... HC usually decides discipline policy.

McDaniel a few years before Craig knocked his girl friend down some stairs.

Sep 11, 2014, 12:16 PM

Actually both were during Dabo.

Dabo took over "full time" in 2009.

McDaniel's incident occurred that spring.

Joe Craig's incident was in 2011.

So yeah... he's got a real proven track record with not tolerating domestic abuse... As with many other college coaches...

Correction on McDaniel

Sep 11, 2014, 12:18 PM

Actually my bad... McDaniel happened in 2008, so that was still Tommy. But he did play for Swinney's first full year.

Re: Correction on McDaniel

Sep 11, 2014, 12:30 PM

My glasses are pretty orange tinted, but they'd have to be opaque to not hope this is more than lip service.

The Clemson University football program's record with handling CDV sucks. Period.

It's even more embarrassing when one considers Bowden and the billboards regarding the subject that preceded the McDaniel debacle.

That was my point

Sep 11, 2014, 12:38 PM

My opinion on this has nothing to do with football. I generally feel that Swinney is one of the most "genuine" "good" coaches in the nation. However, what he said has not been backed up by our school's record.

I think McDaniel handled his situation OK. It looks like

Sep 11, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Correction on McDaniel ]

RR went straight to the punch to resolve his situation.

I don't think you can stand there a let a woman hit you - fingernails can do some major damage around the face and eyes.

McDaniel, faced with a crazy aggressive ex, turned her around, bear-hugged her up, and removed her from the premises.

Maybe he should have locked himself in his room and let her trash his apartment...I don't know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If McDaniel "knocked his gf down some stairs,"

Sep 11, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig ]

Then why'd she drop the case?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 12, 2014, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig ]

It's easy to forget, and maybe still no excuse, but if your girlfriend cut you with a razor, wouldn't you try to get her away from you by any means necessary? We seem to pick and choose what we believe is the truth. The reports say she cut him. I might have pushed her away, too. Joe did use bad judgement at other times, though, and Dabo did the right thing by getting rid of him, and that's the take away. It is hard to argue that Dabo doesn't punish bad behavior. His discipline is real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually --- craig got a 3 game suspension, 1 more than Rice

Sep 11, 2014, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Joe Craig ]

though there was no arrest or charges filed against him; he had another incident 10 mos later where charges were filed and he was immediately released.... not justifying any of his actions and the dude was obviously a cancer but I don't believe he ever hit her with a towel bar either, I believe he was banging that on the door with it if I recall correctly. I think he did beat her after she sliced him and that should have been enough to dismiss at that point. I imagine all coaches have a much quicker trigger than 3 or 4 years ago just like there was a quicker trigger then than 10-15 years ago.

oh 3 games?

Sep 11, 2014, 12:39 PM

never mind... we took care of it then! ;) jk

as indicated-- the first incident should have probably been

Sep 11, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to actually --- craig got a 3 game suspension, 1 more than Rice ]

enough to boot him from school, but there again, no charges and hard to know what actually happened; a video likely gets him the boot as well

and for the record, while disgusted, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think the RR thing has gone way over the top---- I would be perfectly fine if they had just upped it from 2 to 6 or 8. I think any "lifetime bans" are ludicrous- that applies to these situations or the NBA owner type situation. I think the media,political correctness and social media driving our minion society is a bunch of crap. If society considers something so egregious and someone is guilty then they will end up in prison one way or the other and unable to play so a ban is pointless. If it's not deemed that way by law, then let them play-- the team that signs them will have to deal with any negative impacts on revenue/publicity and their salary will be reflective of that. College is a little different. I'd boot them sooner from my school if it was obvious- plenty of places they can go and play.

Unfair to boot Craig & Dmac for 1 he-said-she-said. No video

Sep 11, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Joe Craig ]

Both had plausible explanations. D-Mac had supporting witnesses. Craig's girl sliced him with a razor blade, and she had another similar incident at the school that she transferred from (OKST, I think). It would be a heck of a thing to ruin their lives if they were telling the truth. I think the coaches handled the incidents properly.

I had forgotten about Joe Craig until I saw him help Memphis take UCLA down to the wire on Saturday night.

Re: Unfair to boot Craig & Dmac for 1 he-said-she-said. No video

Sep 11, 2014, 1:44 PM

Is he fast? Could he have helped us eventually? I haven't seen him play.

Fast but 5-11 175lbs. 2nd string WR. 1st KR. No great loss.

Sep 11, 2014, 1:58 PM

He had one catch and a couple of marginal kick returns.

We'll said Dabo***

Sep 11, 2014, 4:53 PM

Is any tolerance like

Sep 11, 2014, 8:36 PM

zero tolerance? Each case on it's on merit seems best rather
than a blanket punishment for what could be false accusations.
Gather the evidence and facts then decide regardless of
findings by others. School do it's job and let the others, be they
Sate or otherwise, do their job. Media and the mob is the WORST
way to make decisions.
If true ...screw that bum. Lock him up if needed. Just hate to see
innocent people suffer from false accusations.
If there was enough for warrants I tend to think a school could
gather enough facts to act quickly .
Violence towards others is a problem. Period. Assault and battery
is a crime. As a man the whole violence against women is disgusting.
Rarely gets better. Usually justs gets worse. It is sick.
Sad statement about we the people as a whole.
This is the kind of crap ISIS sells to apparently a growing audience .
Sad, sad, sad.
Lock em up or death. Such is the reward for violence. Many seek
this path.
Just flicking sad.

Oh come on, Dabo! LoL

Sep 12, 2014, 12:43 AM

Well said...and I appreciate his words.
But his actions do not back it up, and every one of us knows that. Don't act or pretend like it's not true.
Joe Craig beat his gf and was able to remain on the team until he screwed up again. It happened.
End of story.

"you just can't put your hands on a woman".....really Dabo

Sep 12, 2014, 10:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRCS6GGhIRc

Ray Rice is a sorry individual, but is Dabo insinuating
all boys and men should just "just sit there and take their beating?"

Just coach football!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive