Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
years and years ago, I remember FSU was always getting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,242

years and years ago, I remember FSU was always getting

Feb 12, 2017, 8:08 AM

the top recruits on NSD and they would get the top players in several southeastern states. I wished so hard that Clemson would do the same. Well, sometimes wishes come true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can u wish a little for our basketball team now?****

Feb 12, 2017, 8:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can u wish a little for our basketball team now?****

Feb 12, 2017, 8:40 AM

I'll be glad to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: years and years ago, I remember FSU was always getting

Feb 12, 2017, 8:25 AM

You are so right, dreams can come true! I have always dreamed of Clemson winning another national championship. Yep...dreams do come true. Go Tigers!

Feb 12, 2017, 8:26 AM

That FSU recruiting success was also in place during the end of Bowden's reign , and the success was middling for them .
Coaching and player development are just as important as recruiting rankings , and we have all 3 phases hitting stride at the moment .
Great time to be a Clemson fan !!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 12, 2017, 8:42 AM

great point on player development. examples: Beasley and Renfro.

Feb 12, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: years and years ago, I remember FSU was always getting ]

Yeah Beasley, Jarrett, Dodd among others were 3* and having great NFL careers because of our coaches.

All we need is a qb this year and we should be knocking on the door for cfp again. Tough September schedule though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fsu is still filling their coffers. But agree that we are able to be

Feb 12, 2017, 8:44 AM

Much more selective now. As tigerdug23 suggests fsu's recruiting should have led to even more success than they've had. And we have overachieved if you will. Great time to be a Tiger and still think our era is just beginning. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fsu is still filling their coffers.

Feb 13, 2017, 1:38 PM

No doubt that FSU is filling someone's coffers.

Feb 12, 2017, 10:33 AM

Yeah, used to make me wonder how we were ever going to win a championship if we were consistently beaten in recruiting... Used to wonder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 10:02 AM

If recruiting is the only indication then Bama should have won the last 7 or 8 NC's player development and seeing something in recruits that no one else sees is much more important. Just look at what our coaches have done with people like Renfrow and even Beasley(TE). I have a lot of confidence in the coaches and being able to develop players. That's one of the reasons I'm not particularly concerned with the QB play this fall. What I do worry about is when our OC's and coach Streeter takes our next QB and makes him a Heisman finalist how are we going to keep them from being pulled away. Fortunately they are "All In" so it do think they would be less likely to jump ship but only time will tell. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 1:56 PM

Uhhh.. That's pretty much exactly what they've done. I agree with you about player development and under the radar players though. And that, along with a superstar, is the only way to break through the barrier. That and keeping your coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 10:42 AM

tbh they are still out-recruiting us. You can argue that we are better at developing players though. We've beat them 2 years in a row in nail biters and it could almost be 3.

Clemson is killing!***

Feb 13, 2017, 2:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic