Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,666

Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today

Oct 4, 2015, 10:43 AM

Would really be appreciated. Always take 85 through Mauldin and eventually to 26 but reading parts of 85&26 are closed...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today

Oct 4, 2015, 10:50 AM

Don't go. U have to go thru columbia and it is shut down.....as is the Charleston peninsula

Oct 4, 2015, 10:51 AM

I am on I 26near Chapin and the roads of been fine. I left Clemson and drove through Anderson and Bilton on 418 to hit 385. It was not bad either but couldn't get worse as the morning progresses . The weather is getting worse the closer to Columbia but I am hearing that I 26 is OK. I will update you in the next hour. Be careful even with the weather it is still a beautiful morning seeing all of these orange flags flying . Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Some I-26 exits are closed. For example the exit 205B,

Oct 4, 2015, 11:03 AM

Highway 78 is flooded and police have closed it.

Saw a report earlier that in St. Stephen the main highway has some parts washed out.

Here's the Charleston are updated road closure list;

http://counton2.com/2015/10/04/road-closures-in-charleston-due-to-flooding/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today ]

I went the same way and as of 4am everything was OK. I had to slow up a bit through Columbia I26 to I20. When I got past the Blue- Cross building it got better.

Another update

Oct 4, 2015, 11:35 AM

I am on the other side of Columbia now just passed where I 77 connects and traffic is moving along quite nicely. Just a steady rain but nothing is terrible . If you were OK driving in the rain you should be fine just keep your car gassed up don't take any low exit and pay attention. Travel safe

I think you will be okay

Oct 4, 2015, 10:52 AM

Int 85 is okay if you take that I85 North-to Greenville area, take I385 to I26. Columbia okay as long as you do not stop or get involved with I20. I26 around Charleston was not letting people into the area but Jim Cantore said main roads pretty okay. Be careful but main roads okay and as you get closer to 2-3 pm it will be less rain. Go Tigers

High tide is a little past 2pm today and

Oct 4, 2015, 10:55 AM

We are looking at more rain around that time. I'm on Johns Island and am pretty much stuck. Two feet of water on the low end of our street and if you look at pics of Charleston we are actually in good shape compared to most areas around town. Honestly I'd avoid it at all costs of you can.

Oct 4, 2015, 10:54 AM

I'm on way now. We left gville around 830. Got thru cola w/o too much trouble but hearing Cola is worse than chs. Never seen the Saluda River so high when we went over. We got kids at our house on upper peninsula with mom-in-law. Hearing from neighbors that they have opened up most 26 exits and rav bridge into downtown, but may be "limiting access". We saw some minor standing water in and south of cola. Just drive slow and be safe.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:02 AM

Anyone know about I20 towards Florence? Headed back to Wilmington and have to go thru Columbia. Should we go alternate route?

Take I-85 to Charlotte and then 74 to Wilmington...

Oct 4, 2015, 11:27 AM

Without a doubt a better route.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today ]

At around 4am I20 all the way to Florence was good to go. Just drive slower and you will be fine.

Heavy rain in midlands is drifting north throughout the day

Oct 4, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today ]

Good luck but I wouldn't drive it

I-20 bridge close at Broad river***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Any advice on getting from Clemson to charleston today ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, you need to stay off the roads...

Oct 4, 2015, 10:57 AM

until afternoon at the earliest. They are saying the current 'plume' of moisture dropping HEAVY AMOUNTS of rain will not move out of the midlands (I-26) until around 2:00 PM.

I'm more of a risk taker when it comes to adverse weather travel, but this situation is serious stuff.

a sailboat and a good stiff wind?

Oct 4, 2015, 10:58 AM

www.511sc.org

Oct 4, 2015, 11:58 AM

Try this SCDOT map site for road conditions.

I'm not seeing I-26 closed anywhere on that site except in

Oct 4, 2015, 12:05 PM

downtown Charleston.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orangeburg area of I 26 is fine, barely even raining

Oct 4, 2015, 12:16 PM

??

Oct 4, 2015, 12:31 PM

don`t go to Charleston

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 2:25 PM

We made it back w/o much issue. Left gville at 830. Had to "rescue" nephews staying with my mom near Gibbes St downtown. Made it to her in our pup truck w/o much issue. (Wouldn't do it in a small car). Most of peninsula is fine. Flooding is now contained to normal areas, Ashley just south of Calhoun, tradd btwn Ashley and council, etc We went down King to get to the kids and just about all stores and restaurants are open. You'd never know it had been/is flooding. I think getting thru Cola may be dicey though. Looks bad in midlands area. Heard they closed I20 at broad River.

I WOULD use a CAR

Oct 4, 2015, 2:26 PM

probly easiest way

null

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic