Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In other news, Vindman and his brother were both fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

In other news, Vindman and his brother were both fired

Feb 7, 2020, 5:26 PM

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1225897774903750656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1225897774903750656&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fwhite-house-considering-plan-to-dismiss-alexander-vindman.916734%2Fpage-3

Just another event in the annals of stupid stuff. The best part of all of this is the conspiracy theorizing the Trump people are doing to avoid acknowledging that Vindman just thought what Trump, et al were doing was wrong.

I guess it would've been awkward having Vindman around, but treating him (and his family) like an enemy just for testifying to something Trump liked is dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good news!***

Feb 7, 2020, 5:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would he leave him in place though?

Feb 7, 2020, 5:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In other news, Vindman and his brother were both fired

Feb 7, 2020, 5:48 PM

They deserve to go. They were part of the Deep State and they went after the greatest American Patriot in US history. I hope they are both homeless with cancer as soon as possible.
Trump 2020 MAGA

You finally get it (:

Feb 7, 2020, 5:55 PM

Re: You finally get it (:

Feb 7, 2020, 6:08 PM

I am getting there.

Re: You finally get it (:

Feb 7, 2020, 8:09 PM

That’s “Lieutenant Colonel Vindman” to you.

"head on a pike"***

Feb 7, 2020, 6:20 PM

You're saying that Trump didn't want to acknowledge..

Feb 7, 2020, 7:52 PM

that Vindman disagreed with Trump? Vindman wasn't the only one who testified under oath in the house investigation that they didn't like Trump foreign policy. I didn't have to read what the twitter world had to say about it I heard the man testify that he's heard the rumors that Trump was withholding funding from Ukraine to get an investigation started.

I also hears him testify that he had no direct knowledge of that being a fact along with ever single one of the others that testified they had heard the rumor.

As a matter of fact, not just using the old cliche but having heard it from their mouths with my own ears and seen their lips moving with my own eyes, each and every witness testified in agreement with Vindman that they had heard the rumor but had not spoken to the president nor could they say who had spoken with the president about withholding money from Ukraine.

I have no idea what makes you think this man was anything but insubordinate to the point of subverting the president's sole constitutional authority to determine and direct America's foreign policy.

Firing him was the nicest thing that could happen to someone who passed vicious rumors about his commander and chief.

He was so in love with Ukraine that they offered him the position of defense minister on three separate occasions. I reckon he has a job lined up starting Monday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're saying that Trump didn't want to acknowledge..

Feb 7, 2020, 8:12 PM

He testified that he had fundamental policy differences with Trump. That’s enough right there to get reassigned. But when he said he leaked the whistleblowers info, that was it.

Half a cheer for you, but this isn’t correct

Feb 8, 2020, 5:53 PM [ in reply to You're saying that Trump didn't want to acknowledge.. ]

He testified that the reason he told his superiors about the call was that he thought what Trump was doing would screw up the mission in Ukraine by making things partisan. Unelected people shouldn’t be trying to subvert the authority of their elected leaders, but all Vindman did was offer his judgment and then tell people about something he thought was improper. It turned out that the people who do have authority for oversight (ie. Congress) agreed. Even Republicans who didn’t vote for impeachment and removal have said what Trump was trying to do was wrong. And it turned out the upshot of both Trump’s malfeasance and Vindman’s reporting to his superiors was that our policy towards Ukraine stayed what it already was. Trump wasn’t removed, but he was impeached. So what’s actually motivating the partisan anger at Vindman? Isn’t it pretty clearly just petty retribution?

The rest of the stuff about dual loyalties is just stupid conspiracy theory level stuff. Nobody thought Vindman had dual loyalties before he testified to something Trump didn’t like. Frankly, this kind of stuff is shameful.

Ask yourself whether you really believe you have to dislike Vindman because he “usurped authority,” or because you are just being defensive of Trump. Then consider what kind of people personally attack everyone who even acknowledges facts they don’t like in an attempt to discredit them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 8:07 PM

Nope, can’t be fired in those positions, only reassigned.

Well deserved and hopefully these are the last remaining leakers.

So far we have:

Yovanovich retired
Taylor resigned
Vindman reassigned
Sondland recalled

Not too bad at all.

liar, they wern't fired***

Feb 7, 2020, 9:10 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Sondland fired, too***

Feb 8, 2020, 2:37 AM

Sondland admitted to hearing and spreading the rumors.***

Feb 8, 2020, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"rumors" lol***

Feb 8, 2020, 3:30 PM

Re: "rumors" lol***

Feb 8, 2020, 4:48 PM

“Rumors” would be the proper term to describe someone’s testimony where he (Sondland) repeatedly said he presumed, assumed or felt his knowledge was accurate. There is no court, other than the one in your own head, that would permit this testimony. But, that’s not your biggest problem:

Your biggest issue is rationalizing what world you live in where:

1). Your employees openly disagreeing with your policy to root out Ukraine’s corruption and pursue the source under reciprocal treaty,

2). When those employees are at will...
3). And you’re supposed to continue employing them...

You should keep up with your cultist talking points...

Feb 8, 2020, 5:03 PM

They've moved the goalposts to saying he did it, but he's learned his lesson and won't do it again so we shouldn't remove him from office.

Still trying to call what he did "rumors" or "presumptions" ignores your own side's change in argument.

Re: You should keep up with your cultist talking points...

Feb 8, 2020, 5:42 PM

Lol I’m referring to the house witness testimony and the fact that the only person presented, that was actually on the phone call, presumed and assumed the Presidents motives. That’s it, there was no other relevant testimony that wasn’t hearsay (which is also thrown out in a real courtroom).

Just keep thinking that somehow,

Re: You should keep up with your cultist talking points...

Feb 8, 2020, 5:47 PM

...the person in power firing the people that went out of their way to wrongfully accuse him of imaginary offenses that aren’t even illegal, just because he belongs to an opposing political party, is somehow bad and unjustified.

"wrongfully accuse him" he admitted to it.

Feb 8, 2020, 5:53 PM

lol

Re: "wrongfully accuse him" he admitted to it.

Feb 8, 2020, 5:59 PM

I’m waiting for you to tell me how Obstruction of Congress and Abuse of Power are laws and that the 2 articles were actually linked to statutory offenses, like Clinton’s charges were.

The sky is blue***

Feb 8, 2020, 6:01 PM

You think Sondland and Vindman opposed Trump politically?

Feb 8, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: You should keep up with your cultist talking points... ]

Lowered

As I said before in this thread...

Feb 8, 2020, 11:02 PM

I heard all of the house witnesses say they didn't agree with the way the POTUS handed Ukrainian policy. If holding funding was the problem, why didn't they raise all kinds of hell when Biden refused to approve the 1 bil to remove Skokin?

The only difference is that they believe Biden was justified and Trump wasn't. If not policy then what, why?

You're off base, once again

Feb 10, 2020, 4:59 PM

How, exactly, was Biden threatening to withhold funding going to threaten the US's diplomatic policy towards Ukraine? The answer is that it wasn't, because everybody wanted Shokin fired for not being tough enough on corruption. Ironically, because Trump is confusing his personal interests with national interests, he and his shadow diplomats have been portraying Shokin as a martyr for his anti-corruption efforts when in fact things were exactly the opposite. But that's what happens when the only reason you care about apparent conflicts of interest is when they can hurt your political opponent.

Here's a very simple comparison of the two events:

Trump: withheld Congressionally authorized funding from Ukraine against the wishes of apparently everyone else in the government in order to get them to investigate a political opponent based on an apparent conflict of interest. Eventually got rolled by everyone else because what he was doing was inappropriate and didn't really make any sense.

Biden: threatened to withhold Congressionally authorized funding based on the policy of the government, which was uncontroversial. There was no ongoing investigation into the company where his son worked at the time, although there is an appearance of a conflict of interest.

So this isn't really about whether people agreed or disagreed with a certain policy or the handling of a certain policy. It's about whether the policy or the handling of the policy was in the interest of the US or inappropriately in somebody's personal interest. While Biden has a conflict, nobody seemed to care at the time because the idea that Shokin should because he was soft on corruption was widely held. In other words, Shokin being gone was perceived as being in the best interest of the US (and other countries). You'd have to not really know any of the context for what Biden did with regard to Shokin to see it as clearly analogous to what Trump tried to do.

Yeah, that's what you hear and repeat when you have no...

Feb 8, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to "rumors" lol*** ]

first hand knowledge of the subject.

The cult values stupidity, ignorance, and hubris.***

Feb 8, 2020, 3:50 PM

So cult values will reelect Trump this cycle?

Feb 8, 2020, 11:04 PM

We'll see how the popular vote goes and determine if America is really a cult, OK?

Feb 8, 2020, 10:51 PM

A President has a right to have the staff around him he chooses. But he doesn't have the right to demonize staff to the public and then cut them loose. Vindman has had a security detail since he testified. Several of those who testified have received death threats including the whistleblower who merely followed the law and everything he said was substantiated by the evidence.

Somebody's going to get hurt and it's going to be because of Trump's ignorance and narcissism.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic