Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yall are kidding, right?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Yall are kidding, right?

Oct 26, 2013, 11:57 PM

Clemson goes into College Park, a place that has historically been a house of horrors, coming off of a horrible home loss to FSU, plays a very poor game on the offensive side of the ball and still wins by double digits. Yet the majority of you seem unhappy with what you are seeing.

Get over yourselves. This is a game where Clemson would have typically tripped up and lost and let the game last week beat them twice. Be thankful the team didnt give up and let Maryland come rolling back and steal the game from us. Be thankful that even though Tajh hasnt played well the last two weeks that he has still lead the team to victory by making the right throws and being a general when he needs to be.

Yall expect too much out of a bunch of 18-22 year olds. Enjoy the moment, because I, for one, would rather deal with Clemson winning by 13 on the road to Maryland than the product that was put out in the Tommy Bowden era.

Its a game fellas, relax and enjoy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: I don't know but I bet we have more than 500 yds in

Oct 26, 2013, 11:59 PM

offense but that is not the concern.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe me...I'm very happy that CU left Turtle Town with...

Oct 27, 2013, 12:03 AM

...a "W".

I can't stand the Terps, and I had this last trip to Turtle Town circled as the biggest trap game of the season.

I hope those turtles know that NO ONE in Iowa stops to help terrapins cross the roads. They run combines over them!

So long Maryland...BTW...your AD not only owes the ACC $50M for leaving, but a final rent check needs to be sent to the Clemson AD on Byrd Stadium.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Thrilled with the win, disappointed with the poor play

Oct 27, 2013, 12:04 AM

(again) and what it means when we play a good team going forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Clemson has played two good teams

Oct 27, 2013, 12:10 AM

and has come out 1-1. FSU is a legitimate national title contender and has curb stomped every team they have played even though they tripped up a little against BC. They have an amazing RS Frosh in Winston who is a special playmaker.

Why not enjoy what is happening now and worry about the future when it happens? Clemson will be 10-1 entering the SCU game, so wait another three weeks and relax before you jump off the ledge.

Message was edited by: clemsonrulez08®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad you're that confident....

Oct 27, 2013, 12:13 AM

But we play GT like we played Maryland, it will be a long day.

Not sure why everyone is overlooking GT. It is one of those games that is always difficult despite records or talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT is terrible .. Their defense sucks and they turn it over***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is Maryland and NC State***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both of which Clemson beat..? Whats your point??***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:21 AM

And we beat them by double digits ..... On the road!***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:23 AM [ in reply to So is Maryland and NC State*** ]

Re: So is Maryland and NC State***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:24 AM [ in reply to So is Maryland and NC State*** ]

and we won both playing not so great...so. You act like we lost those. Do we need to get better...yes. Can they get better...yes. Believe in your team, or just do everyone a favor, jump ship, and quit filling the board with all the whining. Realistically, we aren't playing to the best and are making mistakes...but it's not like they can't get it fixed in the next weeks. I'm surprised after a loss like last week you thought it'd all fix itself in one week. That's not being realistic.

I actually expected them to have a little fire***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:26 AM

Re: I actually expected them to have a little fire***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:32 AM

...and they did at times...Wiggins and Kearse played a much better game. Vic got another sack. Our D held the rush to 81 yards. Tajh with a hurt knee with a brace did several running plays and even pushed in a touchdown. Sammy played a good game beating out a record of Nuk's. Leggett had a great score. You didn't expect fire, you expected the team to go from a worst game to a season best game in one week.

No, no I didn't, but you can keep saying that if you need...

Oct 27, 2013, 12:38 AM

We let a team with a third of there starters hang around for 3 quarters. I expected that a team who had practiced the basics all week would not continue to fumble the ball (Humphries dropped the first punt as well, but fortunately fell on it).

I didn't expect perfection. I expected improvement though.

I'm right there with you franc...improvement needs to happen

Oct 27, 2013, 2:33 AM

and happen quickly...most notably, with our offensive line.

Re: So is Maryland and NC State***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:27 PM [ in reply to So is Maryland and NC State*** ]

Yeah and those were on the road, GT is at home. Big difference

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like our offense?***

Oct 28, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to GT is terrible .. Their defense sucks and they turn it over*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

GT is primarily a run based offense

Oct 27, 2013, 12:16 AM [ in reply to I'm glad you're that confident.... ]

And it is nothing near the power that Gurshall have. Yes, they ran over us, but our D held when it needed to and Clemson prevailed.

Our D-Line has improved all year and our linebackers arent bad. Our secondary needs the work, but I think they will do their best to keep the Jackets passing game in check.

Ok***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:17 AM

^^Thats a womans response^^***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:20 AM

Is that run based offense something new they've started?***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:25 AM

Wasn't Gurley hurt for a large chunk of that game?***

Oct 27, 2013, 1:54 AM [ in reply to GT is primarily a run based offense ]

We can't overlook UVA with this current setup !***

Oct 27, 2013, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I'm glad you're that confident.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has played two good teams

Oct 27, 2013, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Clemson has played two good teams ]

Winston is a RS frosh, but is an amazing QB already.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's jumping off a ledge? Not me. Like I said, happy

Oct 27, 2013, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Clemson has played two good teams ]

with the win(s), disappointed with the poor play. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

nothing at all unreasonable about that...if we played a good

Oct 27, 2013, 1:43 PM

game yesterday we win going away...players know it...coaches know it...fans know it....we let a bad Maryland team stay in a game because of our poor play. We won we move on to the next game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good things teams don't play the same every game huh?***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Thrilled with the win, disappointed with the poor play ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have

Oct 27, 2013, 12:19 AM

Bye week before GT, unless they change to a run and shoot offense we should handle them. SCar is our statement game this year.

Is this a new offense they developed this year?

Oct 27, 2013, 12:21 AM

Because we've really been steadily kicking their butt every year since Paul Johnson has been there.

wow..this isnt 1988 boomer at qb for

Oct 27, 2013, 12:20 AM

Maryland...this is a team minus 22 scholarship players

Clemson still won

Oct 27, 2013, 12:22 AM

An ugly win is still a win.

Breath

Oct 27, 2013, 12:40 AM

By the way a team ahead in the bcs has lost. This has to continue. Stanford, Oregon , Miami. Some has to lose. Relax enjoy the year.

Take whatever you can get right? That's the way to live***

Oct 27, 2013, 1:31 AM

Living and watching football are two different things***

Oct 27, 2013, 12:22 PM

I've got multiple problems with this post.

Oct 27, 2013, 1:43 AM

1) You say we won by double digits...yeah 13. Don't make it sound like we won by 20-30+ points.

2) We were playing against a back up true freshman QB, without their two star WR, a depleted linebacker core....are you kidding me?

3) How are we expecting to much? Tajh is a FIFTH YEAR SENIOR. How old is Winston again? See how youth does not equal a good argument... Enough with "give the 18-22 year olds a break." I've seen PLENTY of other 18-22 year olds get the job done. It's not like they have to take a time out to change their Huggies or something...sheesh. They are young men, fully capable of handling all the pressures involved in this game. If they weren't, the age to join the military, wield a gun and shoot people would be 22+. Do you think our armed forces are incapable of handling pressure?

Our play has to improve drastically in the coming weeks or you can mark down another potential loss to GT, and then another to USuCk. Our o-line has to start blocking for Tajh.

Enough with these pumper posts...I swear you people try to find the positives too often in things and want to look the other way at our glaring problems. This is how things are fixed...ACKNOWLEDGE you have the problems, then FIX THEM. That is the first step in AA meetings isn't it? We need to start with our porous offensive line...

two problems

Oct 27, 2013, 2:10 AM

1. we shut that QB down, so dont go there. We were playing prevent D at the end when they scored. at one point he was 8/30 1 TD to 2 Int's

2. don't compare college kids playing football to our armed forces. These kids are having the time of their lives and yeah EVERYONE feels pressure; if you're not under pressure you're crazy

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the same game I did?

Oct 27, 2013, 2:24 AM

1. I will go there...I saw a lot of dropped passes from their WRs and poorly thrown balls...don't credit our D with that. There wasn't even a pass rush with most of those plays.

2. I'm comparing the ages. Do you deny that statement? Is pressure not universally felt in the same physiological manner? Is there something that I said there that was blatantly false? Don't respond to my post in such a fashion to presume I'm debasing our armed forces. Either read my post and understand what I'm saying and respond accordingly, or don't respond at all.

Re: I've got multiple problems with this post.

Oct 27, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I've got multiple problems with this post. ]

1. Last time I checked, 13 is double digits.

2. Clemson played bad and shot themselves in the foot, my post never mentioned anything about the way Maryland played. Therefore, your problem is not with my post, its with your insecurity with your own attention to football.

3. I never made the argument for a freshman vs a fifth year senior. You brought that into the conversation. I grouped them all together because im assuming the majority of the board is older than the players and the reason for their high anxiety is really unnecessary. If you are putting that much attention in your life into 18-22 year olds, you should probably re-evaluate your life.

Also, the pressure of being in the military and playing football are two different things. You need to be ashamed of yourself for comparing the two of them. That just goes to show how screwed up your opinion and point of view is that you are comparing those going and fighting for our freedom and safety oversees and kids playing a game at home.

You can come off your high horse now

Oct 27, 2013, 1:23 PM

1. Hardly a blowout victory but keep them orange glasses on. Find victories where you can. The final score was hardly indicative of the way we played...but keep banging that drum...

2. You HAVE to acknowledge how bad Maryland is to appreciate how poorly we played. You didn't mention it, and that's the problem. You didn't mention the quality of our opponent...just another 'HURRAY, why are we complaining, we won' post...

3. I used Tajh as an example to point out how stupid the 18-22 year old argument is. Enough with that crap. Has an 18-22 year old never won an important game before? It'd be different if Clemson was the only team with 18-22 year olds on their roster with every other team in the nation with 22+ year olds...but that's not the case. It's not so much what Clemson does that pisses me off, it's posters like yourself getting on here and berating other for being disgruntled with their performance. It's a forum, get over yourself.

In regards to the military comment, let me take this a step at a time since you want to play illiterate. Simple Yes/no answer...nothing difficult

1) Are there many 18-22 year olds in the armed forces?

2) Do those young men in the armed forces not face extreme amounts of pressure...much more so than playing football?

3) Do we give those young soldiers a TREMENDOUS amount of responsibility in high pressure situations?

The answer to those questions is YES. My only point is, quit writing off 18-22 year olds like they are still babies who are incapable of performing any kind of task without holding their hands...because clearly they are, otherwise...(drum roll) THEY WOULDN'T BE GIVEN THE DUTY TO DEFEND THIS COUNTRY. Does that make sense now? The only opinion here that is screwed up is yours. If anything, your saying the men that play football are immature. Tell that to DeAndre Hopkins, or CJ....kids that had to become 'men of the households' because of traumatic events growing up...

When did I ever say blowout?

Oct 27, 2013, 3:10 PM

Quote me somewhere in there.

In regards to your ignorant points about those in the armed forces, how in the world can you compare the pressure they face out in the field, risking their lives with the "pressures" of playing football at a collegiate level?

You lack respect for those risking their lives for you by comparing them to those of the same age playing a game.

I give up...you clearly just want to come off as some

Oct 27, 2013, 3:29 PM

noble poster without addressing anything I've said. Are you a politician?

Then what was the point in saying we won by double digits? Why even mention that? What's the significance...are you alluding to that being a dominating performance i.e. blowout?

You keep saying I'm comparing the pressures of playing football and those in the armed forces, but apparently your reading skills keep missing the fact I'm comparing >>>>THEIR AGES<<<< What about that is so difficult for you to grasp? That's isn't even debatable. It's completely objective...a number. Is the fact that these college players are 18-22 year olds not one of your original reasons for giving these guys a break? I hope to God our coaching staff doesn't see things the way you do. Maybe we should stop practice so they can watch Dora the Explorer and have a Juicy Juice and sucker. Your lack of respect for our players as young men is irritating.

I'm lacking respect...give me a break. Learn to back up your points without trying to derail a post to fit some moral notion of yours. At no point did I disrespect our military.

Because we did win by double digits

Oct 27, 2013, 3:40 PM

You compare me to a politician, so ill compare you to a banker that puts together home loans. Any number between 10-99 is considered a double digit, pal.

Well that is a fact...we did win by double digits...

Oct 27, 2013, 3:42 PM

but I'm still waiting on why that is significant. Are you saying that is a dominating performance?

I never said the words "dominating"

Oct 28, 2013, 2:34 PM

Simply made a statement that put the game into perspective. Anytime a team can put together a double digit win, on the road, in a place that typically gives Clemson fits, I would say that is something to hang your hat on.

When is a Win not pretty

Oct 27, 2013, 5:13 AM

only thing I know thats Ugly is an L, never have seen a pretty L

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yall are kidding, right?

Oct 27, 2013, 8:29 AM

Amen

A series of ugly wins of this sort

Oct 27, 2013, 8:34 AM

were nice. But set us up for getting our teeth kicked in on October 19th.

Go ahead and stick your head in the sand.***

Oct 27, 2013, 8:59 AM

Oct 27, 2013, 9:16 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!no reason to play that poorly!there are problems within this team.. I sure don`t know what they are but the problems are there...our O/L is awful and not improving but no changes are made?????????????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2013, 12:34 PM

Alabama, FSU, and Oregon demolished their opponents yesterday with methodical precision. That is what you expect a top flight team to do. I don't think any of their offensive players were confused.

I look at it this way

Oct 27, 2013, 1:30 PM

Miami isn't getting very much flak for almost losing to Wake Forest at home. But our own fans, not to mention the media machine, are basically saying Clemson's a terrible team because we scored 40 against a not-awful team that we traditionally have tons of trouble with at home. It gets very old having to somehow prove ourselves to everyone *including ourselves* week after week by blowing out everyone we play. It's stupid and it hurts the team.

It's not that, I don't necessarily need a blowout win...

Oct 27, 2013, 2:08 PM

I'm just tired of seeing the same mistakes over and over. Those mistakes WILL cost us against better opponents. Our offensive line gets absolutely NO push up the middle and is very porous at times. Ball security is another big issue. This team just seems to be taking steps backward when it's this late in the season. We shouldn't be muffing punts, fumbling balls, and constantly running the wrong routes. I just hope that if we're going to make mistakes that the MD game and maybe the Citadel game is where we get it out of our system.

I'm trying to understand....why is it ok for the coaches to

Oct 27, 2013, 1:41 PM

point out areas of improvement....we say.....of course they should....but as fans we're supposed to be ok with how we play and simply celebrate a win....I don't get that one...facts are we beat an ok football at best...and an ok football team with a number of their best players hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm trying to understand....why is it ok for the coaches to

Oct 27, 2013, 1:59 PM

My concern is,play like that against the coots & we will lose

I think it's more the triple double

Oct 27, 2013, 3:27 PM

Digit losses that makes everyone so cranky

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Miami gets no flack

Oct 27, 2013, 3:29 PM

Cause no one was there watching

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic