Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other Sports Update: Former Clemson golfer disqualified from PGA Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,167

Other Sports Update: Former Clemson golfer disqualified from PGA Championship

Aug 11, 2012, 9:28 AM

Former Clemson golfer disqualified from PGA Championship

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow. what a dumb rule.***

Aug 11, 2012, 11:00 AM

Golf rules are so screwy. Why can't they just add two

Aug 11, 2012, 12:16 PM

strokes to the score and call it a day? I'm sure he didn't realize he was signing an incorrect scorecard.

Re: Golf rules are so screwy. Why can't they just add two

Aug 11, 2012, 12:24 PM

The responsibility is on him to know the rules though. Golfers know this from the earliest stages of competitive golf. You have to recreate lies, and if he had questions he could have asked one of the hundreds of rules officials on the grounds here.

He should have asked these questions before signing his scorecard. Signing a card is a basic element of golf and if you sign it incorrect you get disqualified, even if it is at the middle school level. Unfortunate, but it was his responsibility.

b/c if that was the case then the dishonest people out there

Aug 11, 2012, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Golf rules are so screwy. Why can't they just add two ]

would never report errors like this in the hopes that nobody would see it, and if they did see it the worst punishment he would receive would be the 2 stroke penalty he should've gotten in the first place.

I know things like this happen accidentally to a lot of honest people, but if you aren't consistent some people will take advantage of it. Sadly that's how the world works!

Re: b/c if that was the case then the dishonest people out there

Aug 11, 2012, 12:51 PM

Yep, you are technically supposed to govern yourself in golf and Hoey didn't do it correctly. The need to replace the sand is a good rule, or everyone would "identify" their ball all the time in bunkers to improve their lie. And the point about dishonesty is exactly right.

Re: Other Sports Update: Former Clemson golfer disqualified from PGA Championship

Aug 11, 2012, 12:45 PM

Another reason why golf is just incredibly stupid sometimes. Not a bad sport but rules like these are beyond ridiculous.

Re: Other Sports Update: Former Clemson golfer disqualified from PGA Championship

Aug 11, 2012, 9:21 PM

The rule(s) maybe beyond ridiculous,but they are there nonetheless.So it's not the game that is stupid,it is the participants who don't know the rules that are stupid.
Don't believe me.Just ask Dustin Johnson!

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,167
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic