Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
wow NC State guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:15 PM

just melted down

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:16 PM

Dont agree with his reaction...but that call was terrible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looked him up, he's only a junior. If this was his last

Jun 10, 2012, 7:19 PM

season, I would agree with that reaction, you aren't going to have to worry about umps hating you for another year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:18 PM

Haha what did you want him to say"we'll gosh darn mister that was a bad call and walk off calmly?"

Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:21 PM

I think he had a right to be angry and was right for saying his piece, but should have gone back to the dugout instead of having coaches hold him back

Re: Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:24 PM

You are a better man than me and him i guess now getting physical is never ok but to get in his face and say what he wants sure.

Re: Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:28 PM

No, I agree with how he initially reacted..i just thought that when the coaches had to hold him back from punching the ump was a little excessive

I think what really set him off was when the ump started...

Jun 10, 2012, 7:28 PM

poking him in the chest. He had no business doing that. Too bad if you dont like it when a player argues, thats baseball. Its been that way for over 100yrs. That was a terrible call though. He hadnt gone out there for a called K all day.

Re: I think what really set him off was when the ump started...

Jun 10, 2012, 7:34 PM

Ball was a foot outside. When you are a competitor and that call ends your season,it is hard to stay calm. There should be accountability on umpires. There are numerous calls that could go either way,but that was not questionable.

Re: I think what really set him off was when the ump started...

Jun 10, 2012, 8:58 PM [ in reply to I think what really set him off was when the ump started... ]

If the ump poked him he should be suspended. They should not be allowed to put their hands on a player. If a player or coach does that they would be ejected and suspended

Re: Re: Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 10, 2012, 7:34 PM

Yeah but when you are truely mad hard to control yourself.

Jun 10, 2012, 7:44 PM

We know how those bad calls feel, don't we? That is heartbreaking, especially when it decides whether you have a chance to go to Omaha. That is one call at the end of a game that I feel like the umps ought to err on the side of the batter. I remember when that happened 2 years ago when Oklahoma played usc and even the batter thought the last ball pitched was a strike and had made a move to go to dugout to end game and keep them from going to omaha, but the ump called it a ball and usc ended up winning. The batter, I believe, was Jackie Bradley, Jr. There was an article in the paper about that this weekend, even naming the ump.

Jun 10, 2012, 7:53 PM

That reaction was awesome. That call was terrible. The Ump deserved every word of that tirade.

Jun 11, 2012, 1:44 PM

?????? What planet are we living on? Diaz' response, regardless of how bad the call (which it was), was totally unacceptable behavior. We try to teach our kids the rights and wrongs of sportsmanship. Diaz went over the line. But, I am surprised that no one has picked up on the fact that he plays for a complete busher in Avent who recently was suspended for three games for basically doing the same thing by bumping an ump during the Virginia Tech series. Bottom line: be a true sportsman, walk away and show some class. Let the NCAA address the quality of the umpire's performance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very hard to disagree with your post***

Jun 11, 2012, 1:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ump workin for the sec***

Jun 10, 2012, 8:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow NC State guy

Jun 11, 2012, 1:55 PM

Then maybe after they can share a starcrunch and tell each other good game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic