Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden, Tigers Look Beyond Bowl Eligibility; ESPN GamePlan Blacked Out For Duke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,353

Oct 31, 2007, 7:34 PM

Broadcast will be available in 42 states, but none which carry CSS. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So basically the only people who would actually want to

Oct 31, 2007, 8:10 PM

watch the game wont be able to. Wow! Where did ESPN get such smart execs? USC school of Business?

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can't blame ESPN for this

Oct 31, 2007, 8:26 PM

Charter/Comcast is who you need to blame. They're saying since we're going to show this game on Wednesday, we aren't allowing you to watch it live.

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to watch the Maryland game tonight for the first time? I mean, we don't know anything about it at all, so all the excitement and suspense isn't going to be lost in this 96 hour delay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charter controls direct tv, too?***

Oct 31, 2007, 8:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But not all of us even get CSS....***

Oct 31, 2007, 8:45 PM [ in reply to You can't blame ESPN for this ]

Negative.....

Nov 1, 2007, 8:42 AM [ in reply to You can't blame ESPN for this ]

I called CSS yesterday to discuss this matter. I was informed that the game is being blacked out becuase there is another ACC game on at the same time being shown by Lincoln Financial. Lincoln Financial apparently has exclusive ACC broadcast rights and will not allow ESPN to show the game in our area. It's still ridiculous nonetheless, but it appears to be Lincoln Financial's call. On a seperate note, my brother lives in Georgetown, SC and his cable provider says they're still waiting to hear from ESPN about whether they'll be allowed to air the game.

Does not make sense....

Nov 1, 2007, 6:35 PM

There will be no Lincoln Financial ACC game on in the western states under the blackout. I think CSS is just trying to shift blame.

I get to watch the game.

Oct 31, 2007, 8:26 PM [ in reply to So basically the only people who would actually want to ]

and i want to

and I'm forced to go to Durham

Oct 31, 2007, 8:27 PM

oh woe is me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh you bunch of whine babies....

Oct 31, 2007, 10:03 PM

Listen to the #### game on the radio. Will it kill ya??? I know listening on the radio hasn't been the same since Jim left us, nevertheless...My happiest experiences with Clemson football were in my front yard with the radio going back in the 80's listening to Jim call the game. I had to go out in the yard 'cause Mama said I made too much noise to be in the house. Harken back to the days of old when Clemson won these games automatically and you could hear Jim go "10....5...TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!"

mac

Re: oh you bunch of whine babies....

Nov 1, 2007, 8:31 PM

I'm with you Mac. Some of my best memories of CU football were radio games. Besides, I don't want to pay ESPN $22 to see the Duke game.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a suggestion.go to the game.. its a day trip most****

Oct 31, 2007, 8:28 PM [ in reply to So basically the only people who would actually want to ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a real easy way to get the game in GamePlan....

Oct 31, 2007, 9:21 PM

Call your provider, be it DirecTV or Charter and order GamePlan for the day. Tell them that you also need to change your address to (insert city), N.C. This needs to be done no later than Friday afternoon. After the game call and switch it back. I did this for the UL-Monroe game and it worked flawlessly. If you can't make it to the game, its the next best thing.

Im shocked that this isnt POTD.***

Oct 31, 2007, 9:55 PM

But I doubt it would work for cable...being addy sensative***

Oct 31, 2007, 9:56 PM

With DirecTV that is possible, but cable isn't the same....***

Nov 1, 2007, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Here is a real easy way to get the game in GamePlan.... ]

Well, crap, of all weekends to get away to Charleston....***

Nov 1, 2007, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Here is a real easy way to get the game in GamePlan.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, crap, of all weekends to get away to Charleston...

Nov 1, 2007, 9:16 AM

There are at least two bars in Charleston that will have the game regardless of the "blackout". Try Bobby Hartin's or George's in West Ashley. I watched the UL-Monroe game at Bobby Hartin's and it was packed. I'm sure it will be again this Saturday.

Won't work for Charter because mine comes from Simpsonville***

Nov 1, 2007, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Here is a real easy way to get the game in GamePlan.... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, I picked a good weekend to go to ohio***

Oct 31, 2007, 9:39 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Bowden, Tigers Look Beyond Bowl Eligibility; ESPN GamePlan Blacked Out For Duke

Nov 1, 2007, 8:12 AM

Got Gameplan, and I'm just over the border in North Carolina. Happy as a clam! Hizzle yizzle.

Re: Bowden, Tigers Look Beyond Bowl Eligibility; ESPN GamePlan Blacked Out For Duke

Nov 1, 2007, 9:17 AM

Sorry I know how you feel. It is the same way WV Tigers feel when we are playing on regional TV and the people in DC pick up a Penn State game instead of the Tigers.

CSS isnt even available in SC is it? Not here in Columbia!!

Nov 1, 2007, 9:24 AM

What a dumbazz rule.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic