Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Niiice. Not sure if P&R or not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 427

Niiice. Not sure if P&R or not

Aug 22, 2019, 8:05 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7379361/California-trio-planning-polyamorous-wedding-six-years-together.html

But the article is complete BS. First of all, they're not getting married. Polygamy is still illegal in all 50 states and federally. The article is not clear if the guy married the first woman but it appears so. In that case he will never be married to the unicorn, that's Summer, unless he divorces the first wife or she dies.

I've actually run into this situation in SC, several times. The unicorn (that's Summer in this article) always gets the legal shaft. Another thing that is interesting is that these relationships or "marriage attempts" NEVER LAST with all three living together. Naturally, the man will prefer one over the other. The other will get jealous. Just doesn't work LIVING TOGETHER. That has been something that is consistent. But usually after an attempt that rarely lasts a year, the "trio" will split, and the unicorn becomes a bonafide "side-piece".

Legally, the best way to make this work, and I have seen this, is to divorce the initial wife. That way you have two side pieces, and live with neither. Or you live back and forth between the two. And IF they have children as the article suggests, legally those kids are king. They will each have one legal mother and one legal father and they will be the rightful heirs to either parent. No one, especially people like these three, thinks about death, but if any of these three die, it can make a legal mess and it can get pretty ugly. I hope they do have children because if anything bad happens, the matter becomes more simple to deal with. It's also easier if the two other parties have no income and the one who dies is their sole source of income. But since they all seem "employed", they're kinda screwed.

Overall, my experience has always been that the unicorn (or side-piece) knows their place and makes no claim to assets. And they can't really if he's married to someone else. And again, I have NEVER had the opportunity to encounter this situation where they are all living together over an extended period of time, although I've run into situations where they did all TRY living together in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in day and age of he, she, xe, he competing as she, etc..

Aug 22, 2019, 8:08 AM

why in hades is polygamy still illegal?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, a marriage is a legal contract

Aug 22, 2019, 8:24 AM

In fact, so much so that in NC they're produced by the "Register of Deeds". IN SC we have a "Probate Court". Basically it's saying "I love you sooo much I promise to spend the rest of my life with you and let you have all my #### if I die." People also can make wills, directing the disbursement of assets. But I work outside the world of wills. So many lawyers think wills apply to what I do but they don't. Basically my world works along the same lines as someone who passes away with lots of assets and no will filed.

I have run into another solution though, once. That's where the guy had a marriage and a traditional will, and then took out a life insurance policy of an equal amount for his side piece. Was kinda an attempt to level the "playing field", no pun intended. Well, maybe a little.

But legally and functionally it never works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tellin' ya, APM has met these folks professionally

Aug 22, 2019, 8:08 AM

and my conclusion is, the polyamorous crowd are the ferret owners of sexual orientation.

WEIRD.

That said, the pink haired chick is kinda hottish. Kinda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOMEN ARE ####### INSANE

Aug 22, 2019, 8:37 AM

WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT TWO OF THEM?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Actually, I can think of one pretty good reason

Aug 22, 2019, 8:40 AM

To eliminate you from being the sole recipient of their #####ing and complaining.

Whats your take on the two chicks

Aug 22, 2019, 8:55 AM

Getting married, and letting the guy be the sidepiece?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

If you ever needed to see the difference between pretty and

Aug 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

hot, look at these chicks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing you're saying they're more hot than pretty?***

Aug 22, 2019, 12:26 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bingo***

Aug 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wood

Aug 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

agree

the only thing worse than having a wife would be having 2

Aug 22, 2019, 11:38 AM

~ Tote1

TOTE1

Wonder when you divorce if they get ALL your ####?

Aug 22, 2019, 4:30 PM

1/2 + 1/2 = ALL OF IT

Probably more.

Aug 22, 2019, 4:42 PM

They take EVERYTHING, and then you owe more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 427
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic