Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Florida State or Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Should Florida State or Clemson

Nov 30, 2013, 1:38 PM

Switch divisions?

Wouldn't it be better if the two (on average last few years) meet in the ACC championship game instead of regular season?

Seems to me, it'd make the ACC look better and I know it would bring in more money than say a FSU/Duke type championship game.

Am I right or am I missing something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops

Nov 30, 2013, 1:39 PM

Should have said wouldn't it be better if the two best ACC teams the last few years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not last few years, last two years (inc this year)***

Nov 30, 2013, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there should be some sort of rule...

Nov 30, 2013, 1:44 PM

That would allow best teams to meet, even if same division. For example... "If team A has a better record than the other division winner by 2 or more games, they will take their place"....

You could also use the rankings somehow

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

well, Duke is 5-2, could be 6-2 in about an hour.

Nov 30, 2013, 1:57 PM

that's just 1 game behind us. Not their fault they are not ranked in the top 10 like other 2-loss teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say it would benefit us this year.... Duke wins and

Nov 30, 2013, 2:00 PM

they absolutely deserve to play for it

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Yes, you are missing something.

Nov 30, 2013, 1:51 PM

Historically, Clemson and FSU have been the top two teams in the ACC this year and last year in the last 20 years or so. Miami, VT and GT all have been ranked higher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Florida State or Clemson

Nov 30, 2013, 1:52 PM

I wish that the ACC would be proactive here!
The last week before rivalry week should be designated as conference games but not scheduled.
Get rid of the divisions
Play all regular conference games and on that final week play 1 vs 4
2 vs 3 and the winners meet two weeks later in the ACC championship game.
Teams seeded from 5-14 can play team close to theirs to create better TV ratings
Ex 5 vs 6
7 vs 8
9 vs 10 and so on

it would

Nov 30, 2013, 1:58 PM

Still seem that FSU and Clemson be in opposite divisions.

At least to me, it would make more sense for the ACC to hope for an FSU/Clemson championship game. Those two would fill the stadium in Charlotte. Maybe Miami and Virginia Tech would bring the crowd too. I'm not so sure about any of the others

should

Nov 30, 2013, 1:59 PM

Have been more clearer. I'm not just talking about rankings but fan support as well.

A full stadium for the Championship game sure would look good on TV.

best solution for you would be to just eliminate divisions

Nov 30, 2013, 2:04 PM

and have the two highest ranked BCS (or whatever poll) teams at the end of the season play each other.

Re: Should Florida State or Clemson***

Nov 30, 2013, 2:07 PM

don't switch divisions

Nov 30, 2013, 2:09 PM

With the playoff coming next year we need to stay put for example this season we got smoked by fsu but we should end the season in the top 4 if we beat the coots!! So we would have a shot at a national title! What if we played opposite side from them and lost twice to them no national championship shot then

with a playoff system, conference championships

Nov 30, 2013, 2:13 PM

will become de-emphasized, like they are in basketball. Many teams/coaches don't even care about winning the conference tournament anymore.

I vote we just go out and beat FSU***

Nov 30, 2013, 2:11 PM

At least in the same division we only have to play them

Nov 30, 2013, 2:12 PM

once a year

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic