Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: What separates Deshaun Watson from Trubisky?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: What separates Deshaun Watson from Trubisky?

Feb 10, 2017, 10:24 AM

WATCH: What separates Deshaun Watson from Trubisky?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

winning

Feb 10, 2017, 10:47 AM

How about a national championship

Re: winning

Feb 10, 2017, 11:19 AM

Beat me to it +1

Most national championship QBs have never done anything

Feb 11, 2017, 9:37 AM [ in reply to winning ]

in the NFL. Occasionally you get a Winston or Newton, but more often it's a Jake Coker, Cardale Jones / JT Barrett, AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow, Matt Flynn, Chris Leak, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Matt Mauck, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, Josh Heupel, Chris Weinke, Tee Martin, Brian Griese, Scott Frost, Danny Wuerffel, Tommy Frazier, Brook Berringer, Charlie Ward, Jay Barker, Billy Joe Hobert, or Gino Toretta.

Wow, that's even worse than i was expecting. That's 2 decent starting NFL QBs since 1990. So yeah, winning a title doesn't mean squat in terms of projecting NFL success. DW4 might be a fantastic NFL QB, but it won't be because he won a title in college.

None of them are like Watson! How do you have a 100% rating?***

Feb 11, 2017, 1:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never said Watson wouldn't be a great pro. I said it

Feb 11, 2017, 6:03 PM

won't be because he won a national title at Clemson. Winning a national title means pretty much nothing in terms of being a successful NFL QB.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: What separates Deshaun Watson from Trubisky?

Feb 10, 2017, 12:02 PM

Waste of carbon these two.

Was thinking the same thing. In the

Feb 10, 2017, 6:08 PM

whole video, nothing was said. McShay dancing around what he thinks will happen and what he thinks he thinks will happen. :/

Then Kiper provides key insight that there are at least two differences between the two: that the team might consider one of these differences. (face palm)

Winning, Talent, Leadership, Championships

Feb 10, 2017, 12:20 PM

Other than that I guess they're somewhat similar

Feb 10, 2017, 12:46 PM

How about Trutsky's Record: 8-5, 5-3 (ACC). DW4 14-1, 7-1 ACC record for 2016.

Trubisky's lost to a 8-5 dawg team, lost to a 10-4 VT team, lost to 4-8 Duke team, lost to a 7-6 NCST team, lost to a 10-3 Stanford team. Trubisky has more losses in one season that DW4 has in a career, why is there even a comparison?

DW4 lost to a 8-5 Pitt team, Plus DW4 took his team to the National Championship game twice back to back, finished #2 his first trip against Bama, and won the college National Championship his second trip by beating a true #1 team in Bama. Trubisky hasn't earned the right to smell DW4's jock strap!!!

Trubisky's career record at UNC, http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206278361

DW4's career record at Clemson, http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209389765

Anybody that believes there is a caparison between DW4 and Trubisky, they are having a hard time of seeing the forest for the trees, they are frigging blind as a bat bc, there isn't a comparison!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 6:44 PM

I am sure this Trubisky guy is a good player, but he certainly doesn't have the measurables DW4 has, nor does he have the big game experience, nor the winning record, nor the big game savvy, nor the clear leadership, nor the character that DW4 has. Trubinsky QB'd a mediocre NC team that had trouble figuring out how to win, and he comes from a program rife with cheating scandals. He isn't qualified to be in the same conversation as DW4, but other than all those major things, I guess their is not all that much separation between the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 7:21 PM

McShay and Kiper are absolute CLOWNS... Not sure why they even have a job.

Its Watson all day and TWICE on SUNDAYS!!! (see what i did there?)

Go Tigers!

Feb 11, 2017, 12:37 AM

They finally took Watson's advice to " Watch The Tape "

Trubisky will be a NFL backup or fill-in his entire career.

Feb 11, 2017, 1:55 AM

The kid just isn't gonna be good enough to be a star in the NFL. DW has the potential to be a true star in the league and at worst a backup.

Just to clarify, I think DW will do very well in the league, just pointing out that his ceiling could potentially be so much higher than Turb that it shouldn't even be a debate of who goes first from the QB stock.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One is a football player the other is...

Feb 11, 2017, 7:46 AM

Jesse Palmer 2.0.

Stay pretty, Mitch.

~JKB

These are the same morans that thought Brady Quinn,

Feb 11, 2017, 8:16 AM

Matt Leinart and Ryan Leaf were can't miss prospects.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2017, 1:26 PM

The question should be asked what separates Trubisky from Watson?
The answer?
Trubisky is from Mentor Ohio,and ever since he was a little boy wanted to play for the Browns.
DeShaun,on the other hand needs to go to a contender,not a team where he will get killed
behind an inferior line.
Let Cleveland pick Trubisky at # 1.DeShaun will still be a better value,imo,even in the top 10.
And he might have have a successful career instead of having to live on his NFL injury pension.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic