Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok... what about this....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Ok... what about this....

Feb 10, 2014, 10:31 AM

Clemson finishes 12-6 in ACC play, but the remaining 2 losses are to UVA and PITT....

at 12-6, are we in, or do we need ACCT wins?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Disagree***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ok... what about this....

Feb 10, 2014, 10:36 AM

I would still say we would be a bubble team. If this happens, we would have to win a couple of ACCT games. IMO.

win a couple?

Feb 10, 2014, 10:39 AM

we'd be 6-2 over our last 8, and 7-3 over our last 10...

plus 12-6 total in the ACC

I think we can survive losses to PITT and UVA if we win all the others and finish 12-6

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Need to be in NIT, we don't have a chance unless we get ....

Feb 10, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok... what about this.... ]

Somebody can start scoring

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, given our style of play, I think we'd

have to do more than most teams to get in.

Fair or not, the NCAAs are all about $$$$--eyes on TV sets. I could easily see them taking a team with a slightly lesser-deserving resume that plays better offense and has higher scoring games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also have a bad loss to Auburn

Feb 10, 2014, 10:53 AM

and that loss to Arkansas isn't looking so good right now, as they haven't done great in the crappy SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really need another signature win....

Feb 10, 2014, 11:00 AM

to offset those two losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Only a couple of chances at this point...

Feb 10, 2014, 11:08 AM

We need to go 2/3 on the road against Wake, ND, and GT, with the biggest of those games being against ND. Our biggest chance for a "signature win" will be at home against UVa and our last game at home against Pitt. We also can't lose to Miami or NC State at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmm....

Finishing 12 - 6 in conference play (21 - 9) overall, without any other solid wins to offset the losses to Auburn and Arkansas would have Clemson firmly on the bubble IMO. I think we would need at least one win in the conference tournament to be assured of a spot in the Dance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does a win vs. top 10 Duke not count?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:21 AM

Of course it does***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:26 AM

I think that may get us in. I think it should, at least.***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That would absolutely get us in.

Feb 10, 2014, 10:57 AM

Winning 66% of your games in the ACC, especially this ACC, is a lock. I don't care how many "quality wins" we have, or that we lost to Auburn, or that our RPI might not be in the top 40. No way the selection committee would keep out a 20-win team who won 66% of its ACC games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree with this***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:10 AM

In***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:05 AM

In this scenario we are on the bubble

Feb 10, 2014, 11:06 AM

We need Duke to kill it and make our win vs. them look incredible.

But it's still only one signature win - so we will be compared to others and on the last 4 in, last 4 out lists.

Re: Ok... what about this....

Feb 10, 2014, 11:29 AM

Maybe!

Out ... the Auburn/Arkansas losses will keep us out

Feb 10, 2014, 12:16 PM

The Auburn/Arkansas losses will keep us out of NCAA tourney in every scenario except:
1 - We go undefeated until ACC tourney
2 - We make it to championship game in ACC tourney

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out ... the Auburn/Arkansas losses will keep us out

Feb 10, 2014, 12:36 PM

That would mean that only 5 teams theoretically would go to the NCAA's from the ACC, and I feel like they'll want a 6th team to round it out. As of now that would be us, and if we can hold it together I don't see who else could jump in that spot.... Maryland that lost to the University of Boston? NC State that lost to North Carolina Central? As long as we take care of business with our home games, I think we're in...

Has there ever been a 12-6 ACC team not in the tourney?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Has there ever been a 12-6 ACC team not in the tourney?***

Feb 11, 2014, 12:50 AM

No....This is only the 3rd season of 18 conference games.

The best example to see how 21-9 and 12-6 in the ACC WILL NOT be enough to make the dance is a comparison to last year's Virginia team.

UVA was 21-9 last year....11-7 in the ACC
UVA had 2 horrendous losses non conference....Clemson also 2.
UVA did have 2 quality wins Out of Conference over Wisconsin and UT. Clemson does not have a single OOC victory that high. In fact Clemson's best win out of conference is Davidson at 153.....think about that and how bad the schedule was this season.

UVA had a Out of Conference SOS of 122.
Clemson's Out of Conference Strenth of Schedule is an astoundingly poor 301. 4 of Clemson's win are below 300 and over half are wins over teams below 200.
Never has a team been picked at large with a SOS that low.

UVA had a win over #1 Duke and #17 UNC in Conference. Clemson beat #17 Duke.
Virginia had 8 wins over teams in the Top 100 Clemson has 3 wins over the Top 100
UVA has a SOS of 105. Clemson is currently 110.

UVA had 5 wins over Top 50 teams, Clemson has 1.
ONE Single win over a top 50 team. ONE. And most people realize that win was a fluke over a down Duke team with a coach that had just lost his brother and had not been at practice in nearly 2 weeks.

UVA resume is better than what Clemson has at this point and what Clemson would have at 21-9.
UVA went to the NIT and so would Clemson at 21-9. It would not even be bubble.

big difference in 11-7 and 12-6 in acc play.the 1 additional

Feb 11, 2014, 5:41 AM

win is huge. still would have to take 1 acc tourney game,though,imo.

Why is Arkansas a bad loss?

Feb 11, 2014, 7:10 AM

They are real strong at home and beat Kentucky there. Does Kentucky have a bad loss too and still make the tourney?

the name will help them. same as unc.

Feb 11, 2014, 8:43 AM

sad, but i still think it's true. history plays a part in the selection committee's mind.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic