Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Monday Venables Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Update: Monday Venables Update

Jan 16, 2012, 10:36 AM

Monday Venables Update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Monday Venables Update

Jan 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

Maybe he likes it there and is just working us for a raise at OU? I would think CU would be more attractive w the other stoops retuning (arent there about 30 of the coaching now) but who knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2012, 4:01 PM

Seriously, I was thinking A Tommy Bowden play here with Venables... And Stoops and OK has offerd Venables more money according to their Tulsa news paper. I guess he said, if OK was willing to pay Two for the same job. They ( OK ) can afford to pay him more money....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2012, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Monday Venables Update ]

Could be. Also uprooting family is always a hard decision.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

"will decided today"

Jan 16, 2012, 10:41 AM

mushmouth wrote that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "will decided today"

Jan 16, 2012, 10:45 AM

who is mushmouth?

Cereally?

Jan 16, 2012, 10:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

All your bases are belong to us!!!***

Jan 16, 2012, 3:36 PM [ in reply to "will decided today" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "will decided today"

Jan 16, 2012, 4:03 PM [ in reply to "will decided today" ]

I'm betting he will say thanks for the offer, but NO THANKS.

If you exposed him to recruits, and he passes, then Dabo

Jan 16, 2012, 11:00 AM

again will have egg on the face.

Re: If you exposed him to recruits, and he passes, then Dabo

Jan 16, 2012, 11:09 AM

Dabo has had very little egg on his face when it comes to recruiting. Granted he has not done well for a while vs coots, but recruiting hasn't been an issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in regards to recruiting, but to let the meet the guy,

Jan 16, 2012, 11:11 AM

and have him turn it down will not look good. Very risky in my opinion.

You misunderstood my intent of the post.

Thats why I believe Venables has agreed..........

Jan 16, 2012, 11:13 AM

to be the new dc as of yesterday. We will see if he turns down Oklahoma's counter offer.

B4 he flew back, I would have gotten his autograph...

Jan 16, 2012, 11:15 AM

on the contract!

Not really.

Jan 16, 2012, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Not in regards to recruiting, but to let the meet the guy, ]

How'd he meet them ? Did he introduce him as his girlfriend or as someone he might take to the dance? 2 different things , if be was introduced as the new DC to recruits that is one thing.If he was introduced as someone wanting the job it's completely different. Go back and read the recruits exit interviews,one even said that BV wanted the job and Dabo would make the decision. . "Make the decision" ? No weakness there.

Why? What's the risk?***

Jan 16, 2012, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Not in regards to recruiting, but to let the meet the guy, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not in regards to recruiting, but to let the meet the guy,

Jan 18, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Not in regards to recruiting, but to let the meet the guy, ]

I didn't misunderstand at all. I just think most kids are smart enough to make the distinction between someone else who is being recruited for a job vs. someone who already has been named as having the job. There is no way Dabo told the kids BV was going to be their new coach, unless an agreement was made, nor would BV allow it, if the deal hadn't been made. BV being there probably was a solid strategy to let recruits know that we are looking at quality candidates, and whoever we get will be a quality guy.

why?***

Jan 16, 2012, 11:10 AM [ in reply to If you exposed him to recruits, and he passes, then Dabo ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wondering...why would DABO INTRODUCE him

Jan 16, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to If you exposed him to recruits, and he passes, then Dabo ]

to recruits if he isn't the man.....#21

i.e. how much $$$ raise can he get to stay at OU?***

Jan 16, 2012, 12:45 PM

Re: i.e. how much $$$ raise can he get to stay at OU?***

Jan 16, 2012, 4:23 PM

Stated in OU news was 600k.

Jan 16, 2012, 3:20 PM

I don't think this will work when preparing for SCAR.
Def. Coord. Brent Venables
"I don't even have to challenge our players. They know. With the success that OSU has had, they have respect for them. It can not get a whole lot better than this."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic