Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Gundy is an absolute moron
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Mike Gundy is an absolute moron

Nov 14, 2018, 11:31 AM

I’m sure most of you will take his side but it’s easy to talk about commitment when you only have to guarantee scholarships for one year. The mullet is the perfect look for him....

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/mike-gundy-announces-transfer-of-sophomore-safety-i-m-a-firm-believer-in-the-snowflake-

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is TDP is better at this than you.***

Nov 14, 2018, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Mike Gundy is an absolute moron

Nov 14, 2018, 11:43 AM

Gundy is certainly one of a kind, but he is spot on when he talks about "liberalism" (which is really statism cloaked as 'liberalism') ruining this country, and more or less creating millennials and a generation of entitled, spoiled, lazy, and utterly clueless kids that think the world owes them something and have zero understanding of commitment and hard work.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:05 PM

Apparently the athletic programs have the same attitude if they choose not to renew scholarships....

What about commitment?

Revoking scholarships is a rare thing. I can’t even remember the

Nov 14, 2018, 1:23 PM

last time I heard of that happening.

I think it’s fine that they’ve created free agency in CFB but I hope the transfers are rare. Like with KB2, it upsets team chemistry when they leave and again when the get to their new school.

My opinion is that as soon as money becomes involved we’re talking about a job...in the real world jobs are not guaranteed. we can debate if payment in the form of scholarships is adequate, but that’s a different topic.

Re: Revoking scholarships is a rare thing. I can’t even remember the

Nov 14, 2018, 1:31 PM

Happens quite a lot. Revoking is not the proper term as scholarships are year to year and even though the NCAA now allows schools to award multi year scholarships not many do....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/schools-can-give-out-4-year-athletic-scholarships-but-many-dont/amp/

So, that (old) article says that in that year Clemson had

Nov 14, 2018, 2:57 PM

44 scholarships that they didn’t renew. I wonder the reasons and breakdown by sport. Does it include athletes that transfer out? Turn pro?

Even if a multi-year scholarship is given it can be taken away for any number of reasons. Still not guaranteed.

As long as money is involved...maybe we just need to ban athletic scholarships.

'Happens quite alot '

Nov 15, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Revoking scholarships is a rare thing. I can’t even remember the ]

Is just not a true statement. I cant even think on one scenario where a recruited d-1 football has lost his scholarship for the simple reason the coach doesnt want to. Sure, some coaches may intimidate a kid into making the decision but you never see it pulled just because.

Is there an actual example? Not being an a-hole but just asking.

Gundy is right on everything but hes on the right track here. The concept of the 'snowflake' is real.

Re: 'Happens quite alot '

Nov 16, 2018, 8:15 AM

I believe in the snowflake also, and Gundy is definetly a snowflake.

I provided a link above to show just how many scholarships don’t get renewed. Here’s another article that mentions that poor performance on the field or a coaching change can lead to the scholarship not being renewed.

“Student-athletes can also lose a scholarship due to injury, although it’s more likely that they will be redshirted. Another way your student-athlete can lose a scholarship is by not being renewed for the next year. Non-renewals can occur for a number of different reasons, including if the current coach leaves, if the student-athlete gets in trouble, poor performance on or off the court/field, among others”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/usatodayhss.com/2017/a-scholarship-offer-is-not-a-guarantee-so-what-is-it/amp

You may be right about Gundy...

Nov 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

we all tend to think of snowflake as of the weak, easily offended, overly emotional type of person and Gundy kind of fits into that...just on the opposite point of view.

Scholarships certainly aren't 4 year guarantees, but what I'm saying is it just doesn't happen on a major D-1 level where a recruited, full scholarship player doesn't have his scholarship renewed. If it happens, there has a to be a valid reason but really the only time I can think of it happening was with Ray Ray McElthrabey. Seems like Bowden pulled his full ride his last year but dont recall all of the circumstances.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is an absolute moron ]

Scholarships are not renewed based on conduct or character issues. If a player behaves somewhat decently, shows up for everything, and at least acts like he is trying; he will keep his scholarship.

Since we’re generalizing

Nov 14, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is an absolute moron ]

Doesn’t the bulk of the blame in your scenario fall with the boomer parents of these snowflake millenials for creating and fostering the current environment?

Re: Since we’re generalizing

Nov 15, 2018, 4:22 PM

No. We are responsible for our own actions. Don't blame Mama and Daddy.

Re: Since we’re generalizing

Nov 15, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Since we’re generalizing ]

Not many "boomers" have 18 year olds. We are mostly grandparents...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I responded directly to TahoeTiger

Nov 15, 2018, 10:00 PM

who didn't reference Gen Z at all (i.e., 18-year-olds); TahoeTiger specifically said millennials. Who raised the "snowflakes" aged 24-38?

Nov 15, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is an absolute moron ]

So like doofus Gundy you find some nefarious connection between the actions of 21 year olds and the horrible, awful, terrible cancer on our country that favors letting people vote and preventing monopolies from being bigger monopolies? Horrors! What's next, cats lying down with dogs? Or less assasinations of Jews in places of worship?

What the heck is "statism?" How does that become "liberalism?" What do you think you mean by those terms?In one day "statism" was a description of Louis XIV, George III, Ivan the Terrible, Mussolini and Hitler, they were the state. If you mean by "statism" or "liberalism' that the government provides basic services for its citizens , for which in most cases they paid taxes to support, okay. But that is an idiot's crackpot reading of Adam Smith that Smith would not recognize. "Liberalism" as you seem to perceive it was exactly the aim of democratic revolutionaries of the 18th Century who were led by the Reformation and the Enlightenment. If that makes me liberal I am fine with it. They kind of liked the whippersnappers, despite the fact that throughout history old codgers and crusty dudes have claimed that the young generation was going to the dogs.

GET OFFA MY LAWN!

Tell me, do you really have a mullet too?

Don't expect to drop idiotic politcal BS without some pushback. You're FOS.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:21 AM

Mike Gundy is a hero on these boards

Nov 14, 2018, 11:52 AM

It's almost like you know everyone will disagree with your post?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Gundy is a hero on these boards

Nov 14, 2018, 11:58 AM

Gundy and Trump....the poster boys of tigernet.

Makes me proud of my pulse....

Nov 14, 2018, 12:49 PM

Certainly you have more important things to do, such as Vaseline-ing your cloaca.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is a hero on these boards ]

Weren't you supposed to be dusting that empty trophy case after you posted yourself you'd be leaving and not posting after the Syracuse win? Apparently, you must really be obsessed with your big brother.

I see you've changed your mind

Nov 14, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is a hero on these boards ]

"Trump may go down as the greatest president in history."
-You on Apr 28, 2018

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Trump-may-go-down-as-the-greatest-president-1797845

Or, more likely you are just continuing your trolling

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see you've changed your mind

Nov 14, 2018, 2:25 PM

Lol

Re: I see you've changed your mind

Nov 14, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to I see you've changed your mind ]

Hey serious question though....

Is it not possible for someone to think Trump could be a great president but still see through his BS?

Is that level of bi partisanship allowed? With you I guess not....

^^^pot stirrer^^^***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is a hero on these boards ]

I hate to interrupt all this fun,

Nov 14, 2018, 12:03 PM

but would you guys mind voting for the Ninety-Six Wildcats?

https://www.wspa.com/mascot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Lol, thanks for the reminder...we’re winning again!***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gundy wants to be the very lovable a-hole that Mike Leach

Nov 14, 2018, 12:04 PM

is. He is not. He's just a d0uche.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:08 PM

His defense are soft like snowflakes, that's for sure.

I'm guessing Mike ain't a fan of KB***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:09 PM

Tell 'em u5c coot

Nov 14, 2018, 12:31 PM

Gundy is the sensitive one

Nov 14, 2018, 12:34 PM

Going on rants blaming everyone else the second he has a subpar season.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:39 PM

even a broken clock is right 2x a day, coot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always read and hear about the "one year" scholarship

Nov 14, 2018, 12:42 PM

thing from schools as a defense for some of these kids. But how often do scholarships actually get yanked from a kid, other than for conduct or grades, etc.. Honest question, maybe it happens allot and I just don't hear it or see it. Does it?

Re: I always read and hear about the "one year" scholarship

Nov 14, 2018, 1:18 PM

Quite a lot actually. This a few years old but Oklahoma St. for whatever reason chose not to renew 47 scholarships during the year of these numbers were taken.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/schools-can-give-out-4-year-athletic-scholarships-but-many-dont/amp/

Nov 14, 2018, 12:47 PM

Nothing he said wasn't true.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:51 PM

When I graduated high school in the 80s, I was told that the world owes you nothing and you have to go earn it. Now, kids are told the opposite.

And that is then blamed on The kids somehow

Nov 14, 2018, 12:55 PM

Instead of the ones telling them that

Ed Zachery. The kids reap what moron adults have sown.***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:30 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy is an absolute moron ]

For the record... Jhop83@ is one of those guys who thinks the world owes him something .

Nov 14, 2018, 1:07 PM

I’m not a big fan of Gundy, but he is spot on here!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Mt. Rushmore of current college football coaches is

Nov 14, 2018, 1:13 PM

Dabo
Mike Leach
Dana Holgersen
Mike Gundy (though he was dumb to go for 2 at the end of the game against Oklahoma).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why was that dumb? Was it dumb when WVU did it 2 weeks ago

Nov 14, 2018, 1:31 PM

to beat Texas? I can think of several reasons why it was a good call.

1) A less talented underdog almost always benefits from shortening the game. The longer the game goes the more likely it is that the better, more talented team will win. That was clearly Oklahoma here.

2) It's the Big XII so you probably trust your offense more than your defense. Putting the game in the hands of the offense against a pretty bad OU defense seems like a good idea.

3) Their kicker had just missed the last XP. That alone probably isn't a great reason to make the decision, but I'm sure it's a small factor.

4) They had a good play call that actually worked! It was basically the same play we ran to Renfrow to win the title 2 years ago except without the other WR there to screen the defender. If the QB throws that ball accurately and on time it's a pretty easy conversion. He threw it a little late and way behind the WR.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:25 PM

The only thing I don’t like about him is his cockiness.
I mean he is an AVG at best coach that has not won anything. You put Dabo at OSU and he wins a NC there. They have plenty of money , top notch facilities and a passionate fan base. Yet all they can do is win 9 games every 3-4 years.
To hear him talk he is the best coach to ever walk.

i have to disagree a bit with that

Nov 14, 2018, 1:43 PM

OSU does get a lot of money from Boone Pickens but it's still not an easy place to win at an elite level.

People make fun of Stillwater as a location, so it's not an ideal place to recruit to. You've got to deal with OU as your in state rival and Oklahoma as a state doesn't produce a ton of D1 talent.

Gundy hasn't really had any bad years at OSU (except this season) and had a string of like four 10 win seasons in a row. He also should have been in the national title game in 2011 when we got the incest bowl rematch (LSU/Bama) instead. That OK State team could've probably beaten LSU for the title.

I would say OK State could do a lot worse than Gundy

Re: i have to disagree a bit with that

Nov 14, 2018, 2:10 PM

Yep and I think the night before the one game they lost there was a plane crash involving some OSU personnel that had to shake up the team a little.

Re: i have to disagree a bit with that

Nov 14, 2018, 3:37 PM

I think it was most on the women's basketball coaches. The next day they had to play at Iowa State and barely lost. The flight back had to be hard for the team knowing what had just happened the night before to the basketball coaches. I always thought that they deserved the spot against LSU. Of course another time Bama has been in the NC when they shouldn't have been there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Nov 15, 2018, 3:53 PM

Would've been an interesting game at least

I would say they "maybe" but not "probably" would

Nov 14, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to i have to disagree a bit with that ]

have beaten LSU. LSU was still the better team that year.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa2011

You're right, I'm taking his side.***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 4:18 PM

I completely disagree with you. Gundy was spot on.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 PM

What exactly was he spot on about? That a student athlete shouldn’t have the opportunity to transfer to another school if he chooses?

Why in the name of Danny Ford is it ok for his school to break their commitment by not renewing scholarships but it’s wrong for an athlete to transfer?

This is what’s wrong with conservatism. They think everybody is here to serve them and should live and act exactly how they say they should.....

Nov 15, 2018, 4:57 PM

And this is the problem with leftist liberalism. Instead of relying on a football program to pay your way and give you a free ride through prominate colleges that most people have to pay for through their own hard work and sweat and blood from their parents, have these student athelets that say “I’m not being treated fair” forget football and get accepted into the schools through actual academic standards that average people have do. Wonder how many student athletes can make it on acedemic standards?

why should they have to give up their D1 talent?

Nov 15, 2018, 5:15 PM

Having D1 football talent is a pretty rare gift

Re: why should they have to give up their D1 talent?

Nov 15, 2018, 5:40 PM

I agree, D1 talent is a rare gift. However, in some of these post game interviews I’ve watched, you have wonder if some of these d1 players can even write their own name.

Nov 15, 2018, 5:56 PM

Couple of things....

First, I'm not even concerned with the political aspect of his comments. He's just like everybody else in this country right now in that he's caught up in this partisan politics crap and he probably doesn't even know what the term "liberalism" even means....

Second, these football players are playing a pretty dangerous sport you know? They are also required to do the same amount of school work as every other student in addition to practicing, weight lifting, traveling for games, etc....

Third, a lot of athletes come from pretty rough home lives. Sorry they can't be as articulate as you but I'm sure you wouldn't sound like a brain surgeon with a camera and mics in your face either....

Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 PM

Um, you are the one who brought up politics. I’m just pointing out that self centered , softie snowflakes like you are what are wrong with this country. Also, you said after the Syracuse games that if the beat the 20 point spread you’d delete your account. Guess you were too soft to do that?
Also, I am no genius in politics, but I am smart enough to know who to vote for with educated decisions and not to vote for someone just because they are popular with my peers (if you know what I mean).

Nov 15, 2018, 9:33 PM

Actually I asked if anyone wanted to wager on the game and no one took the bet.

And I never mentioned politics in my OP.

Is lying just your thing?

Nov 15, 2018, 9:58 PM

By the way, You didn’t mention politics in you original post, but you were the first to make it about politics when no one else was talking about politics and I called you out on it. So are you too dumb to know what you wrote fella? You are just as bad as the media, always trying to start Sh@t and not smart enough to back it up.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: why should they have to give up their D1 talent? ]

Oh, they are playing a “dangerous” sport also known as a “game”. It’s a choice. No one is holding guns to there head and making them “play”. Get over the sympathy crap man.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:36 PM

“The sympathy crap”

Lol. You’re a bigger idiot than Gundy.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:45 PM

Haha, idiot? When you were younger, your mother told you not to touch something because it may be too hot and you might get hurt right? Also she told you to look both ways before you cross the street or you may get hit by a car correct? The same basic rules in life apply to the choice to play football dumbazz. If you sign up to play, you may get hurt. Are you not smart enough to figure it out? If not, I will again wake up tomorrow smarter than you.

But He's 40 And a Full Grown Man***

Nov 15, 2018, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so,

Nov 15, 2018, 5:15 PM

but he ain't no snowflake.

Re: Maybe so,

Nov 15, 2018, 9:39 PM

A grown man makes a personal decision to transfer to another university and he goes on a rant to the media.

Oh he’s definelty a snowflake.

I bet he wouldn’t be worried about commitment if a more prestigious program threw the money at him. He don’t have to worry about that though.

Nov 15, 2018, 5:18 PM

He hit home with you snowflake

Nov 15, 2018, 5:32 PM

People always talk that way about the next generations. When I was a kid they said similar things.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:49 PM

Only morons double down on it like him in the media though.

He’s just crying because his team is irrelevant.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:55 PM

He is not a moron. He is 100% correct. The truth hurts don’t it. Go Tigers!

I thought you said you were leaving

Nov 15, 2018, 10:19 PM

talk about the lack of commitment to your word.

Re: I thought you said you were leaving

Nov 15, 2018, 10:24 PM

Been saying the same thing. So it wasn’t just me that saw where he said he would delete his account? #Fakenews #JhopFlop

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Nov 15, 2018, 10:33 PM

He definitely did

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Since-a-lot-of-yall-dont-like-me-Im-willing-to-bet-24439023

SU won by 31...

Nov 16, 2018, 8:03 AM

Good lord do you people not know how bets work?

Misspelled Jhop83***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:03 PM

Nov 16, 2018, 10:01 AM

"I’m sure most of you will take his side but it’s easy to talk about commitment when you only have to guarantee scholarships for one year. The mullet is the perfect look for him....-Jhop83"

^^^^^^^^^^And there's your sign.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 11:21 AM

Hey look another trolling post by the idiot Skeeter3.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic