Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
why can't we play usuc in a bowl?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

why can't we play usuc in a bowl?

Dec 4, 2013, 2:38 PM

Just curious as to why we can't play them in a bowl considering we both finished with the same record and both finished with similar standings in our conference division. If we don't make it to the orange bowl then I don't see why we couldn't play them in the chic fil a bowl. Is it because we are rivals? Would love to see a rematch this year as we were clearly the better team IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. The better team generally craps themselves

Dec 4, 2013, 2:40 PM

and has turnovers forced from them to lose by 14 points. Those are definitely qualities I look for in better teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. The better team generally craps themselves

Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM

Thats stupidity at its finest. Ask yourself this if it was USuCk that had the 6 turnovers what would the score have been, probably another 63-17 game. Thats how you know that Clemson was the better team. Were they the most error free team (h)ell no they weren't but that isn't what he said. I agree whole hardily that Clemson was the better team bc if they were that much better they wouldn't have needed 6 turnovers and a dumb offsides penalty where the center obviously false started to get the DT to jump to beat a Clemson team by 10 points....

Dec 4, 2013, 2:51 PM

Well I would think losing 5 in a row to the same team by double digits and then calling yourself the better team is the height of stupidity but if you want to think you were the better team then good for you.

Ok coot I never said we were the better the last 5yrs

Dec 4, 2013, 3:02 PM

Just this year. Maybe even last year also but that's debatable. Ive talked to several coots and they all agreed clemson was the better team this year, just made too many mistakes

English is failing you today.

Dec 4, 2013, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. The better team generally craps themselves ]

The point is, the turnovers were there. Turnovers don't generally just happen. The first punt fumble, that was a giveaway. The 3 INTS and the other two fumbles were takeaways. Considering turnovers ARE a part of the game (they haven't started disallowing them, right?), and they DID occur, and SC forced 5 of them, I think it speaks for itself. Good teams have ball security. Clemson's defense was good, but how many turnovers did they force?

The Center flinched. I don't get that call either. Should have been 5 the other way. And the announcers making it seem like it was normal confused me too. I'll give you that.

To address my subject line: "whole-heartedly"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14 points. And SCar also gave up an offsides on 4th down

Dec 4, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. The better team generally craps themselves ]

that led to a TD, so that negates that part of your argument.

I don't think the offsides on Clemson was that huge

Dec 4, 2013, 3:26 PM

It turned out to be a bigger deal because of the turnovers later (and because of the earlier dropped punt).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. The better team generally craps themselves ]

> Thats stupidity at its finest. Ask yourself this if
> it was USuCk that had the 6 turnovers what would the
> score have been, probably another 63-17 game. Thats
> how you know that Clemson was the better team. Were
> they the most error free team (h)ell no they weren't
> but that isn't what he said. I agree whole hardily
> that Clemson was the better team bc if they were that
> much better they wouldn't have needed 6 turnovers and
> a dumb offsides penalty where the center obviously
> false started to get the DT to jump to beat a Clemson
> team by 10 points....

I get it now. The score doesn't really mean anything in this world anymore. If a delusional fan base says their team is better, then by God it is so. Why play the game. Let's just declare ourselves undefeated national champions and make up a score by which we creamed our lifelong rival without even playing them. Then we can brag about it all year long as if we actually accomplished it and not have to spend any money buying tickets and going to the game every week. Yeah, we will all feel better then and the coots, well they will always be the losers we want them to be; never the better program with the better head coach and better team.

Clearly.***

Dec 4, 2013, 2:58 PM

That would be fun

Dec 4, 2013, 3:25 PM

I think Clemson would win easily in a rematch, but who knows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why can't we play usuc in a bowl?

Dec 4, 2013, 3:33 PM

How many Tiger fans would pack Atlanta to see a rematch this year? I'd take my entire family (7) to see the Coots go down. we clearly were the better team but made too many mistakes.

It's all about money and national interest

Dec 4, 2013, 3:35 PM

The ChicFilA Bowl and ESecPN would make less money with an all South Carolina bowl game. Nationally it would be less interesting.
But, yeah....I'd love to see it too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo would probably resign immediately

Dec 4, 2013, 4:50 PM

The last thing he wants right now is to see Spurrier standing across the way again.

Dec 4, 2013, 5:00 PM

Because our Elite record setting Coach can't beat USuC ...no matter what the talent ...He is 3 and 9 against USuC and Fla. St. since taking over as Head Coach..how do you like those stats..

Better teams don't make mistakes

Dec 4, 2013, 5:08 PM

It's quite simple. And elite teams find ways to overcome those mistakes. We made our fair share as well.

Re: Better teams don't make mistakes

Dec 4, 2013, 5:15 PM

the gators and noles played in the sugar bowl for the 96 NC after playing for a tie in the season finale. Even though the folks at chic fil a would make more money than any other bowl game, i dont think scu would go for it.

Dec 4, 2013, 5:14 PM

Most bowls just dont want a re-match from the season. If things really got into a pinch, it could happen but it never has in the past. Otherwise we would have met in the Peach Bowl by now.. probably several times.

I think it would be great occasionally especially when the teams are pretty evenly matched.

are they pretty evenly matched now and

Dec 4, 2013, 6:40 PM

have they been fairly evenly matched for the last five years ?

Re: In 1996 the noles beat

Dec 4, 2013, 7:15 PM

FL in the rivalry game, and then lost the Sugar Bowl and NC to same (#3 beat #1).

I can't see Dabo or the AD wanting a rematch in a bowl

Dec 4, 2013, 7:50 PM

Sure there is a great chance of winning, but what if it resulted in loss #6? And don't think it couldn't happen. The negativity around the fan base is already bad but another loss 5 weeks later could have some saying 2014 is do or die for Dabo. That's not the kind of pressure Dabo or the AD want to risk IMO.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic