Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
who says cc doesn't talk football. my take on 2015 tigers.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 94
| visibility 1

who says cc doesn't talk football. my take on 2015 tigers.

Jul 21, 2015, 12:24 PM

in the unlikely event that the mighty tigers do not go undefeated this season, will they be able to muster up another huge bowl win to keep everyjuan happy?

clemson reminds me of where we were heading into last season. on a great run but key losses and very high expectations by the fans.

dabo has been masterful at getting the most out of huge bowl wins the last several years; but really, clemson hasn't won a meaningful regular season game in that span (we were 6-5 last year and lost to UK and UT - that doesn't count). they do however have maybe the most impressive 3 year run of bowl wins in the nation.

there are several big losses from last season on the field and in the coaches booth. fans tend to gloss over those losses and assume all will be fine (we did this last year) but that usually doesn't happen except places like bama (rip 2012). dabo needs to find a way to win some regular season games he isn't supposed to win because it is hard to keep going back to the bowl game well.

DW is the most impressive young qb i have ever seen, but if he doesn't get enough help this season could be tougher than expected. if it is, and the top shelf bowl win magic runs out, it may be a tough offseason while hoping some of the young talent grows up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

and I still have as many

Jul 21, 2015, 12:26 PM

sacks as Clowney does in the NFL!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

and you came by yours honestly...

Jul 21, 2015, 12:28 PM

clowney done stole money to get his.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey "CC"...I concur on 2 things, winning big regular season games is #1 &

Jul 21, 2015, 12:38 PM

Yes, Clemson has won 3 big profile bowl wins over top notch teams (LSU, OHst & OK).

But need to beat GT & FSU (plus ND this year) to be serious national contenders. Can they do it with what they have back ( minus recent LT & FG kicker losses)..I dream yes, but know just how difficult it is too.

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here comes Bill, throwing rational water on the "we can't

Jul 21, 2015, 1:52 PM

possibly lose a game" crowd. Don't ever change.

#lightenuppumpersjk

In case you aren't aware genius, there are highly optimistic

Jul 21, 2015, 10:40 PM

fans in every fanbase. Just take a gander at FGF and some of the lunatics projecting an 11 win season.

I am flattered though that you must be shocked by the nature of some of our fans and hold us in such a high regard as you expect us to be very, very rational....coot.

Uh oh***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

so your saying 15-0 is a real possibility?

Jul 21, 2015, 12:28 PM

Finally a coot w a little bit of common sense...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who says cc doesn't talk football. my take on 2015 tigers.

Jul 21, 2015, 12:37 PM

Confessed Coot: Please keep taking your medications. You are so far off it isn't even funny. Even up at your place in November for whatever you'd like. NO LIMIT!Maybe some of you Coots have some buckaroos you want to part with? Just let me k now. BYW you may go 4-8 this year but not beyond that.

that's not nice. i hope cc doesn't go top rope and make fun

Jul 21, 2015, 12:39 PM

of your pulse.

that wood be krewl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TJ, taking out the trash! I like it.***

Feb 27, 2020, 12:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: that's not nice. i hope cc doesn't go top rope and make fun

Jul 21, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to that's not nice. i hope cc doesn't go top rope and make fun ]

I think you have to include Georgia from 2 years ago as an impressive/meaningful regular season win. It was a national spotlight, Top 10 matchup to open the season. Yes, Georgia ended up falling off by the end of the season, but that was due to an insane amount of injuries. After losing to Clemson, they then went on to beat Top 10 ranked South Carolina and LSU. It was a grueling first month for the Dawgs and the only team they lost to was Clemson.

Also, while I certainly agree with you about fans glossing over some of our losses, I do think we're in a good position to recover better than South Carolina did last year. Clemson has recruited at an elite level, and though many of our new starters up front don't have a ton of experience, guys like Lawson, Watkins and Boulware have proven themselves to be effective and we've seen several others fill in well. That's not to say we're going to see anything anywhere near what we saw last season...but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Top 25-30 defense by the end of the season.

in all seriousness it's much different than the coots last year.

We have a heisman candidate QB, 4 and 5 star players at every skill position, and one of the best DC's in the country to help our defense grow. Plus it's not like we don't have experience at defense, many of the starters this year played significant snaps last year and would have started on most division one teams.

Only a few players that are freshman will actually log significant playing time, mostly Wilkins who was a 5 star recruit and has lived up to his billing so far in practice.

Just sit back and soak it all in this year CC, it's gonna be spectacular.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 12:41 PM

Confessed Coot: Please keep taking your medications. You are so far off it isn't even funny. Even up at your place in November for whatever you'd like. NO LIMIT!Maybe some of you Coots have some buckaroos you want to part with? Just let me k now. BYW you may go 4-8 this year but not beyond that.

dsp, taking out the trash! I like it.***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:45 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Clemson reminds you of where you were last season?

Jul 21, 2015, 12:42 PM

So you think DW4 is comparable to Dylan Thompson or whatever his name was? Do you think your WRs last year were as talented as ours are this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

DYLAN THOMPSON WAS A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN!!!!!!***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:47 PM

Who?***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

the dood

Jul 21, 2015, 12:50 PM

mackenzie is politely axing to get off his lawn.

He probably should've listened***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:56 PM

agree and maybe

Jul 21, 2015, 1:00 PM

cc will catch on soon too.

you know.........

Jul 21, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Who?*** ]

him!!!!!

He did that point to the upper deck thing everytime he

Jul 21, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to DYLAN THOMPSON WAS A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN!!!!!!*** ]

took the field.

I guess Jesus sits in the upper deck?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

maybe and i hope nobody charged him more than face value...***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:59 PM

And CC Still Does Not Know How To Talk Football

Jul 21, 2015, 12:46 PM

its a shame really. the little potential you possessed wasted on lack of football iq - oh well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward.

Jul 21, 2015, 12:52 PM

That guy was way in over his head.

Plus, you don't have any players like Mac Alexander, Shaq Lawson, Ben Bouleware, Carlos Watkins, Jayron Kearse on your defense. They're ALL starters on your #### show defense this year.

There is no comparison in DW to DT. We have arguably the best WR corp in the nation and deep stable of solid running backs. Our Oline will be at the very least the same but I think they will be much better than last year.

Comparing our team to your team is comparing apples to zebras.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward.

Jul 21, 2015, 12:57 PM

Our Oline will be at the very
> least the same but I think they will be much better
> than last year.

This seems a bit optimistic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Not really. Talent upgrade with Hyatt, Crowder. Guierllmo

Jul 21, 2015, 1:00 PM

is back and can play guard or center. Ryan Norton, the senior benched 650lbs the other day. He finally has strength. It's really not that hard to be better than last year.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Not really. Talent upgrade with Hyatt, Crowder. Guierllmo

Jul 21, 2015, 1:06 PM

Arguing a true freshman will play better than a guy just drafted in the NFL.

Bold strategy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our offensive line

Jul 21, 2015, 1:11 PM

was more than one guy.

Re: Our offensive line

Jul 21, 2015, 1:14 PM

Yep. Losing the other three starters makes his prediction even more absurd.

There were talks among the coaches that Hyatt would takeover

Jul 21, 2015, 1:17 PM

the LT spot BEFORE Battle was kicked off. I'd go into details about it but inappropriate on a public forum.

Re: There were talks among the coaches that Hyatt would takeover

Jul 21, 2015, 1:20 PM

And whammy said last preseason this was the best defense we had at Carolina under him.

I know you read the 247sports, rivals l, tcis, etc of the world and try to pass yourself as an insider, but maybe you shouldn't actually believe all the hype written.

Like a said, Whammy is an incompetent fool.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:29 PM

Re: Like a said, Whammy is an incompetent fool.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:37 PM

More likely you're just extremely gullible.

It's kinda cute though. Don't change.

You do realize it was the coach's decision to not have

Jul 21, 2015, 1:44 PM

Battle on the team anymore? I'm sure they're in tears over their own decision.

Re: Like a said, Whammy is an incompetent fool.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Like a said, Whammy is an incompetent fool.*** ]

Three of the four teams in the playoff last year - Alabama, Oregon and FSU started true freshman offensive tackle and two were left tackles.

Hyatt was ranked 1 or 2 of the tackles signing last year and he participated in spring practice.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I knew of Bama. Who are the other two.

Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 PM

Sweet stat btw.

^^^^This

Jul 21, 2015, 1:22 PM [ in reply to There were talks among the coaches that Hyatt would takeover ]

Pay attention Classof09. This guy knows more than you or I, and I know that except for the true freshmen, the other linemen have game experience. We can be comfortable with our team, you should probably spend more time worrying about the one 4 star guy you have that may change his mind.

Oddly - not so bold

Jul 21, 2015, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really. Talent upgrade with Hyatt, Crowder. Guierllmo ]

Three of the four teams in the playoff last year - Alabama, Oregon and FSU started true freshman offensive tackle and two were left tackles.

Hyatt was ranked 1 or 2 of the tackles signing last year and he participated in spring practice.

I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

null

Re: Not really. Talent upgrade with Hyatt, Crowder. Guierllmo

Jul 21, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really. Talent upgrade with Hyatt, Crowder. Guierllmo ]

Well Hyatt played LT in high school. Isaiah Battle played defense all through high school and had to learn the position at Clemson. Which comes back to the great coaching that happens at Clemson....And I guess it is Coot Logic that you can't recruit better than you have.

Jul 21, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

should you coots not be very worried about your own program. looks like you are about to lose your only 4 star recruit. hey, we will worry about poor little old clemson.

You Need To Learn To Deal and Accept***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Were you the one who said you'd never be back

Jul 21, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

if the coots didn't score more than 20 points against us?

no...

Jul 21, 2015, 1:04 PM

that idiot kept his word.

Who?

Jul 21, 2015, 1:11 PM

GWPCoot? He's still around.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He is bored of talking about losing 3 star recruits to Toledo***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Were you the one who said you'd never be back ]

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

It's pathetic how hard you are praying that we have a bad season.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:43 PM

I don't think you're going to have a bad season.

Incompetent on the field, yes. But incompetent in the gym,

Jul 21, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

yes.

Jul 21, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

so looking good in one bowl game with someone else's scheme doesn't qualify you to be a good coordinator at the highest level?

uh oh.

at least cu will have co-incompetents then.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I said no mayo on my burger you idiot.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:42 PM

you has the way with words, i 'magine cc will soon tap out.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:53 PM

Re: you has the way with words, i 'magine cc will soon tap out.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:55 PM

is it worth it to take a shot from TTT (sigh) to get this? yes, no, maybe? let me get back to you, k?

I said no mayo on my burger you idiot.***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:56 PM

Back away from the buffet you fat, heart attack nearing slob***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:03 PM

yes.***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: you has the way with words, i 'magine cc will soon tap out.*** ]

Bordering on THE BOOT

Jul 21, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

watch out!

We welcome fans of other teams, especially those of an upcoming opponent. However, please keep in mind that this is first and foremost a Clemson site. If you are starting a topic that is unrelated to Clemson, please post it in the "Other Teams and Sports" forum. Also be very careful not to post intentionally inflammatory posts that are just meant to cause trouble. This will not be tolerated and you will be banned. Visiting fans will get fewer warning and longer bans. If you are respectful and make intelligent posts, you should be treated well.

null

did you write that, seems ominous; maybe deroberts is right

Jul 21, 2015, 2:21 PM

about the dog thang?

How in the #### did Ward coach a unit that shut down

Jul 21, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Sorry but we don't have anyone as incompetent as Ward. ]

the best offenses in Clemson history? Several years in a row? Was it Spurturd? Cause it happened.

DaCockFool

Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 PM

you have nothing, you are nothing. as it has always been. you sound like my ex reflecting. guess what ##### - its over.

Dude... Where you guys were before last year was on your

Jul 21, 2015, 12:55 PM

last leg of your golden age. We have a tremendous momentum right now, and the talent we have in Clemson is actually greater than it was last year. What we lost is experience. You guys lost talent, experience AND program momentum.

You guys had a 5-peat, yes. Your only job now as a coot fan is to savor that for the rest of your life.

Also, you are right about our mediocre regular seasons, and that will remain a psychological barrier until we blow past it. But you guys are going to be fighting for a winning record. And that probably won't change for a while.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good reply - THIS, thanks!***

Jul 21, 2015, 8:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get off the Internet and fix my burger coot.

Jul 21, 2015, 12:56 PM

Go back to c0ckville with your buddies.

Classic!***

Jul 21, 2015, 12:58 PM

Re: Classic!***

Jul 21, 2015, 1:03 PM

mmm...

You should change your name to Delusional Coot...if you

Jul 21, 2015, 1:10 PM

think that in any way shape or form that our team this year is similar to yours last year. The only thing in common between the two is that we are both from the same state. We know that you dirtpeckers measure your success based on what we do; however, that is a one way street. Go UNCheat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 1:28 PM

You lost me at "talk football." SMH! You managed to get 5 TU's out of this and you brought in the garbage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if dinner is ready on time and you wear that cute outfit

Jul 21, 2015, 3:57 PM

and have a nice beverage chilled for me i will overlook this one brief lapse in judgement. i'm really forgiving that way. well, lots of ways but this one is important now.

Jul 21, 2015, 1:35 PM

LOL sounds like a typical Coot, that don't know his ### from a hole in the ground. DW better hope he can find help? I believe we will have the best skill players in the nation. When you got all that speed and skill. It won't take but decent O-line play. Just keep thinking Clemson is not for real. You Coots are going to have a very bad year losing and Watching big brother thrive.

Jul 21, 2015, 2:11 PM

It doesn't take long for Class of '09 to embarrass himself. Gets into a debate with Clemson fans like he knows more about their than they do. He is one DA. Get back to your board where delusion runs wild.

Listen, richardcranium...

Jul 21, 2015, 2:22 PM

I defended you in another thread and now you go and remove all doubt of your coot short-sightness.

An objective person would point out that we lacked the talent until last year to compete. We were using a backup quarterback and a green freshman. The backup was being taken out of the game by a coordinator who refused to play to the kid's strengths because Cole was left over from another OC.

I know you'll revise your assessment over the next couple months and dread even more than now seeing Orange in that chithole you call a stadium.

Your Dear Friend,

CT88

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to find a game you're not supposed to win....

Jul 21, 2015, 2:28 PM

When you're favored in all the games on your schedule. Just sayin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the heck does this even mean? Must be

Jul 21, 2015, 4:07 PM

dirtpecker speak:

"dabo needs to find a way to win some regular season games he isn't supposed to win because it is hard to keep going back to the bowl game well."

I didn't know Dabo coached any games that he wasn't supposed to win. Who does that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

"What the heck does this even mean?" We've been trying

Jul 21, 2015, 4:13 PM

to figure that out all day.

So far, we haven't been able to make heads or tails of it.

Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,,

Jul 21, 2015, 4:20 PM

We remind you of usuc heading into last season? So a Top 10 team? Sounds about right.

Difference is....we aren't over-hyped unlike last years coots. It was delusional of coot fans and esecpn to think that y'all were a top 10 team heading into last season. You lost the 2 most important players of recent coot history. Shaw and Clownboy.

I'll admit we have 3 HUGH losses on defense in Jarrett, Beasley, and Anthony, but we have depth and game experience behind them that will step up this year. Keep in mind we have a few ULTRA talented players in the secondary which will take some of the heat off of front 7.

Our offense should be improved this year with DW at the helm from the get go and more game experience at the skill positions. Everyone keeps bringing up our OL, but I expect to see improvement there also.

I was a little worried about CMs departure until we beat the socks off of the sooners in the bowl game. Not concerned in the least now.

TL;DR There's a reason we are currently favored in EVERY game.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

^^^What He Said^^^***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:39 PM

You misspelled "She" but we get the point***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:54 PM

Re: Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,,

Jul 21, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

How do you know you aren't being overhyped? You haven't even played a game yet.

No one knew we were overhyped until the season started.

Uhh, the ACC just confirmed we are not overhyped.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:46 PM

We are picked to win the conference... again.

Re: Uhh, the ACC just confirmed we are not overhyped.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:48 PM

I'm hoping this is a joke?

We're not overhyped cause

Jul 21, 2015, 9:27 AM

WE TOO DEEP

Re: We're not overhyped cause

Jul 21, 2015, 5:31 PM

Classless09 once again shows his ignorance when trying to discuss Clemson football. Our OL will be just fine, they will destroy that lame usuck defense again this year, with or without Battle.

Again, USUCK

Jul 21, 2015, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Uhh, the ACC just confirmed we are not overhyped. ]

is a non-factor nationally, within SEC, and in STATE

Affraid not, take a look for yourself.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Uhh, the ACC just confirmed we are not overhyped. ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1467114&tstart=0

Most of our "hype" stems from all the talent we

Jul 21, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

put on the field last year that were young and returning. Some dudes named Watson and Scott in particular that scored a couple times on your team come to mind.

See, this is where you're wrong.

Jul 21, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

You weren't overhyped.

It's just that Spurrier got his 5-peat so now he doesn't care.

Re: See, this is where you're wrong.

Jul 21, 2015, 5:25 PM

The OP cant help himself. He has been dumbed down for a number of years being associated with the lamest fan base in college football. He especially showed his stupidity when saying in one breath "Watson is the most impressive quarterback he has ever seen" then said "but if he doesnt get any help blah blah blah". It appears he has TOTALLY forgotten what Gallman and Scott and Williams did against that porous coot defense. THats TWO freshmen and a sophomore. Confessed coot is NOT a badge of honor name on a Clemson board. It just means he was honest enough to show he was a coot and not like the other idiots that take Clemson handles.

Jul 21, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

Just because your staff can't develop talent doesn't mean ours can't.

Venables has proven he can consistently field a pretty good defense year after year. He won't put anything close to the #### product on the field Ward did last year.

The thing about it is though your offense wasn't that good last year either. DT had a good year but that's because your run game was #### and you had to throw it a lot.

You coots like to blame it all on the defense but Slurriers playcalling was terrible late in games last year and Mike Davis pulled a Clowney and pretty much dogged it all year.

Jul 21, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

LOL, I said from the get go that yall were way over hyped last year. My post history proves that if you care to go back and take a look. I couldn't understand for the life of me why the pundits thought yall were a top 10 team. The biggest positive of your team was the OL and it didn't play very well last year.

The only way we end up being "over hyped" is if DW gets hurt. If he stays healthy we'll have a legit shot at the playoffs.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

You sir, just destroyed the OP. Nice work.***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Typical Coot Drivel, not that I expected anything more.,,,, ]

Artavis Scott just scored again

Jul 21, 2015, 7:52 PM

And he will again in November.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Chad Jasmin just might score as well***

Jul 21, 2015, 9:26 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 10:40 PM

So lets start from the very beginning. Clemson 2015 is nothing like South Carolina 2014. Lets start with the defense.

When analyzing South Carolina's defense, the assumption was they recruited well. The truth is you seldom saw anyone play behind Clowney and Co. Clemson is completely different. It was understood that the first string across the line was Senior laden. What is also known is that that same #1 defense went two-deep. That two deep included Sophomores and Juniors that are back (Lawson, Reader, Pagano, C. Watkins.) Add Kevin Dodd (who was 3rd behind Crawford and Steward) and that is the replica of that same defense. The questions are who is behind them. Unlike South Carolina, its not a talent question. It is an experience question. And you gain experience by playing the games. See, at Clemson, everyone plays. That is why the drop off is minimal.

For the offense, South Carolina was going to have to lean hard on the running game and pass when they could. They were playing behind the best offensive line that Spurrier ever had at South Carolina. Dylan Thompson was more of the "Spurrier-like" QB. You had Cooper, Byrd, tall TE (who's name escapes me), and Shaq Roland. The offense was suppose to be stellar and it was against subpar defenses. While Thompson was a good QB, he isn't Deshaun Watson. Those trio of WRs and Davis at running back was cute. And so was your line about "DW not having enough weapons."

Williams, T. Thompson, Tay Scott, Peake, Hopper, Cain, McCloud, Leggett, McCullough, Seckinger, Gallman, Brooks, Davidson, Fuller, TyDye, Choice, and I am sure I am missing others. Plenty of help for DW4 to do work.

As for the offensive line. they have four new starters. But three of four have experience, one was a 5-star out of high school. All of them and their back ups all play offensive line; something that Clemson hasn't had in a long time. So his protection is pretty good. Again, Clemson play everybody. So the drop off will be minimal.

Finally, the "booth?" The last coach to coach from their at Clemson was co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott in the 2014 Russell Athletic Bowl. Think he did very well. And in that game you saw what they did with a QB that lacked confidence in in himself all season. The "Trio" made him look like the QB everyone thought we would get in 2014. No Chad Morris, no problem. A little secret, when the Cheerleader hired the high school coach as a OC, he knew a gig like SMU was going to happen. So they groomed another WR coach (Clemson alum who's dad use to coach for South Carolina) and the RB coach (who scored a TD in the 63-17 rout in Willy Brice in 2003) to run the system Dabo wanted at Clemson. Then they hired another Clemson Alum to coach QBs. And in 30 days, they made Cole Stoudt look like a heck of a good QB against Oklahoma.

Not only will the 2015 Tigers do better than the 2014 Gamecocks, they legitimately could go 12-0. They have the talent to reload now. 2015 Alabama isn't in as good of shape as Clemson is this year.

You want to be objective in predicting a season? Try looking in the mirror first. I have posed these questions to two other South Carolina fans stepping in this yard. They have yet to answer. So I will ask you. Past Pharoah Cooper, who will be playing QB, RB, and WR for South Carolina and who is going to protect him? Secondly, past "Skai Five" Moore, who will be trying to participate on defense for South Carolina? And finally, who else will you beat on your schedule other than Vandy, The Citadel, and Furman? I will be waiting on your response.

Replies: 94
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic