Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Coots actually believe they deserve to be #4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

The Coots actually believe they deserve to be #4

Feb 10, 2014, 10:24 AM

I don't see how they can justify that as something they believe is a true ranking. I think last year that

FSU, Bama, Stanford, Auburn, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Oregon, LSU, and maybe a few others deserve to be ranked higher at the end of the season than the Coots.

They want to say we backed into a BCS bid....well they sure backed into a end of the year rating.

I can't believe they would seriously think they belong

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

House coots ain't gonna like this...***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave gwp outta this....***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:30 AM

null

Re: Leave gwp outta this....***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:33 AM

I'm sure he will be here soon enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leave dsp out of this too.***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to House coots ain't gonna like this...*** ]

woohoo!

Feb 10, 2014, 11:55 AM

wait, wut?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said house coots, not morans....***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to leave dsp out of this too.*** ]

null

pfft... like there's a difference...

Feb 10, 2014, 1:18 PM

wait, wut?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but they have so little....let them rejoice

Feb 10, 2014, 10:31 AM

while everyone else chuckles at them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really not that crazy. I know we all hate them, but

Feb 10, 2014, 10:37 AM

they beat Mizzou on their own field. Oregon totally flopped in their game against Stanford and then got embarrassed at Arizona. About the only thing Oregon had on their resume that SC didn't was a win over Tennessee *snicker*.

FSU - obviously
Auburn - yes
Mich St - yes
Bama - probably, but it's hard to say that when they stumbled down the stretch and got lit up through the air several times when they faced good QBs
Stanford - maybe?
Oklahoma - I don't think so. they sucked most of the year until the last 2 games
LSU - questionable. win over Auburn was nice, but it was early before Auburn was really playing well and there isn't much else on the resume
Mizzou - no

If they'd been undefeated before their last two games...

Feb 10, 2014, 10:47 AM

then they lost to UT and UGa, do you think they'd be #4? The only reason they ended up ranked so highly is that voters forgot about their two losses to unranked opponents (yeah, yeah, UGa was a lot better at the beginning of the year than the were at the end). I think if they'd lost either of those games in the last couple of weeks or on a bigger stage, then they'd have ended up around #9 or #10.

Let's also not forget that they beat Mizzou with Franklin out.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can say this about anyone.

Feb 10, 2014, 12:20 PM

Do you think we would have been ranked in the top 14 and gotten a BCS bowl bid if we lost to FSU at home by a large margin and lost to SCar in the last two games? Probably not. Of course it helps to lose early. Th

Not really

Feb 10, 2014, 1:58 PM

Losses to the two teams South Carolina lost to would've made bigger impact than losses to the two teams Clemson lost to. South Carolina had the advantage of nobody caring about their game with Tennessee and the advantage of losing to Georgia very early on. By contrast, Clemson played badly in a loss in the last game of the year against South Carolina, and played horribly in a loss against FSU that everybody and their mother was watching.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Coots actually believe they deserve to be #4

Feb 10, 2014, 10:37 AM

That "We were #4" banner is going to look great beside the 1969 ACC Championship banner and the tons of meaningless crap they have painted up around their stadium.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares what they think?***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:48 AM

The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:48 AM

Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:56 AM

I'd rather say we lost to two top five teams than one ranked team and one out of the top twenty.

Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:10 AM

We got beat pretty bad by the those two top 5 teams. Until we beat the Chickens, we have to at least acknowledge their recent success.

Re: Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:30 AM

I found one...

Seriously, what?***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Tell 'em capon

Feb 10, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking*** ]

you forgot which handle you were using LOLOL

Interesting to think about

Feb 10, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The 2 teams they lost to should prevent that bogus ranking*** ]

If you have to lose two games would rather be able to say:

You were better than every team you played or that you had two teams that were better than you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Thing about it is

Feb 10, 2014, 11:54 AM

it's hard to say you were better than somebody when they beat you.

Well, for anybody but you dirtpeckers.

THIS IS A CU BOARD. QUIT CRYING ABOUT SCAR'S SUCCESS

Feb 10, 2014, 10:59 AM

We can't do anything about it, because we can't beat them. No reason to harp on it ALL THE TIME

Tell'em Coot***

Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 AM

Re: THIS IS A CU BOARD. QUIT CRYING ABOUT SCAR'S SUCCESS

Feb 10, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to THIS IS A CU BOARD. QUIT CRYING ABOUT SCAR'S SUCCESS ]

I 2nd that Tell 'em COOT!!!

One bad loss...but a bunch of good wins

Feb 10, 2014, 12:10 PM

Bad loss to Tenn. UGA wasn't a bad loss (especially if we hang our hat on it being a good win for us).

However, they did beat three Top-10 teams in Mizzou, Clemson and UCF. As much as I hate USuC, those are some good wins.

If USuC wasn't #4, where should Clemson be ranked? Apparently you think Oregon and Bama are much better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There recent success bothers so many of our fellow tiger fan

Feb 10, 2014, 12:27 PM

that SCAR is on there mind all the time. People you win some and you lose some. SCAR beat us(LOST) WE had better bowl game and won(WON) they were ranked higher at season end(LOST). There streak will end. We will have a streak and it will end. Its just a game. I guess its just me but My wife,kids, and GOD take up to much of my time to think about the Gamecocks that much

Re: There recent success bothers so many of our fellow tiger fan

Feb 10, 2014, 12:35 PM

what bothers me most is that Clemson will never STOOP to their level and without using the same illegal and immoral and shady tatics that they use the future does not look good for us.. with their admin on-board with anything and everything they do regardless of how crooked it is they are here to stay!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do the people who voted in the AP and coaches polls.***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:15 PM

There were teams ahead of you that lost and HAD to

Feb 10, 2014, 12:22 PM

fall below you. You were not the 4th best team in the country. If you believe that, you've had too much dookie ice.

null

Isn't this what happened with FSU?

Feb 10, 2014, 12:27 PM

Other teams HAD to lose before they made the top 2?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You talkin' bout the national champions?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:33 PM

null

Apparently they backed into it

and really weren't the best team.

I thought they were. Oh well...

y'all really are that dumb, huh ? i just always figured it

Feb 10, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Isn't this what happened with FSU? ]

was just a myth. but you, monroe, and toogie removed all doubt. jeez. it's absolutely unbelievable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just saying I trust them more than people here.***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to There were teams ahead of you that lost and HAD to ]

Soooo

Feb 10, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to So do the people who voted in the AP and coaches polls.*** ]

should we of been ranked higher than them at end of season??? Whats it matter there #4. No one remembers #4. Only remember the champion (FSU) Just like there is only really one bowl game that matters and thats National Championship. All the others are just a money thing. Without looking up can you remember who won 2000 fiesta bowl? What about 2004 Sugar Bowl? Our 2007 Chick Fli a Bowl? No one remembers these things. But you can tell us who won National Championship those years. Or I can. I will alway remember when we won Orange Bowl. But only our fans will. Its just a ranking. All that matters is how u play on the field

Well apparently folks here care about, since people are

debating it.

The eye test says the Coots

Feb 10, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to So do the people who voted in the AP and coaches polls.*** ]

weren't #4 this year.

Re: The eye test says the Coots

Feb 10, 2014, 12:50 PM

In our eyes as Tiger fans.

Feb 10, 2014, 1:12 PM

What I think what we think we deserve....what you think we deserve...it doesn't mount to a hill of beans....it is a fact....we ARE No.4....period...plain and simple....and not in our minds...in a factual nature....so what's your point?

Feb 10, 2014, 3:31 PM

The point is you are undeserving of the rating, cootboy

Feb 10, 2014, 1:37 PM

There are coaches and media people nationwide that voted us No. 4 so you are just in the minority on this. The thing about it is your voice doesn't count. Not one single, tiny little bit. You can feel like you want.....but it is a fact...we ARE No.4 despite your feelings..lol. College football fans....

Feb 10, 2014, 1:46 PM

once again , thanks for your input moronec. hey by the way, now that michael sams has "came out" is there any truth to the rumor that gay players destination will now be usc. perfect nickname for them, THE #####.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2014, 1:54 PM

You're welcome duh....most homophobic people are gay themselves...did you know that ? I have no problem with a gay football player if he can tackle, score touchdowns, or kick field goals. I just hope they don't sleep with their....well....I hope they make good decisions while in college....

If that is indeed the case...

Feb 10, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The Coots actually believe they deserve to be #4 ]

why are you always here in a desperate attempt to garner some kind of validation.

Your apparent addiction to approval seeking is not only alarming but it's sad and pathetic as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They also believe they're relevant . Can't fix stupid***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:18 PM

What is your rationale other than

Feb 10, 2014, 1:40 PM

you don't like S. Carolina. Look I don't like them either but they had a solid season.

We finished #8, and I don't think you can make the case that we had any business being ranked above them. Yes, both our losses were against Top 10 teams (1 & 4) but our best wins were #12 OSU and an unranked UGA team (yes they were better when both we and S. Carolina had to play them).

You want to argue Mizzou (whom they beat) should have been ahead of them. I guess I could see that as they have 4 quality wins if you count UGA. Their best win being Ok State or A&M who finished 17 & 18 respectively.

Or Oklahoma who lost to a bad Texas team and a very good Baylor team. They had 2 quality wins in OK State and Bama.

Bama - who had losses to two top-10 teams but who's best win was #14 LSU (they also beat A&M)?

S. Carolina is the only team with 2 wins over top 10 teams (Mizzou & Clemson). They lost to unranked UGa (but as we Clemson fans like to point out they were better at the beginning of the year) and a bad Tennessee team.

As much as I'd love to say they don't deserve the 4, I'm not sure how you separate 4,5,6,7 and S. Carolina has the two best wins in that group having defeated #5 and #8. Maybe they have the worst lost (Either them with Tennessee or Oklahoma with Texas) but where do you make the decision what counts more, quality wins or bad losses.

Again 4-7 are all pretty interchangeable but there is no rationale argument that S. Carolina isn't in that discussion for #4.

Re: What is your rationale other than

Feb 10, 2014, 1:58 PM

You left out Central Florida at No.10....that's 3....

Actually they are #2.........................***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic