Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Dabo Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Cole Dabo Morris

Oct 12, 2014, 3:58 PM

Who did more to put the game in jeopardy yesterday? Gimme a minute before responding. ...headed to get some popcorn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Dabo Morris

Oct 12, 2014, 4:01 PM

Dropped balls hurt the most

Those who supported the silent out...

Oct 12, 2014, 4:02 PM

I blame them...

Re: Those who supported the silent out...

Oct 12, 2014, 4:03 PM

Please ask stupid questions after the popcorn is popped , that way you can get wrapped up in replying rather than microwaving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You wouldn't think microwaving popcorn

Oct 12, 2014, 4:33 PM

would require such attention....guess we are talking about a coot though. Hope he remembered to use a good wad of aluminum foil and batteries! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those who supported the silent out...I never heard

Oct 12, 2014, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Those who supported the silent out... ]

a peep from them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very clever sir! +1***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:02 PM

Serious response:

Oct 12, 2014, 4:03 PM

You are a crap poster on here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Serious response:

Oct 12, 2014, 4:11 PM

My question was to relieve some of the heat taken by Cole. He didn't set the world on fire, but to me his play was less a factor than:

Dabo going for 4th down with 7 point lead or

Morris forfeiting a TD by not going under center (again).

But by all means, continue bashing the player if it makes you feel better.

No, he was right.

Oct 12, 2014, 4:35 PM

You're a crap poster on here. Very well said.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, he was right.

Oct 12, 2014, 4:37 PM

^^^^^^ never played football and doesn't understand football logic ^^^^^^

He asked a legit question... I think Chad did more to

Oct 12, 2014, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Serious response: ]

lose the game. I swear with his play calling, I think he is being paid to blow games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Oct 12, 2014, 5:58 PM

lbc

Re: He asked a legit question... I think Chad did more to

Oct 12, 2014, 6:30 PM [ in reply to He asked a legit question... I think Chad did more to ]

One #### fan agrees with another shocking development.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Did you mean agreed with himself?

Oct 12, 2014, 6:34 PM

;)

No one person, it was just one of those games, I'm just glad

Oct 12, 2014, 4:10 PM

mad got out of there with a W. I will admit the few talking about how bad watson looked and turning around to praise cokes play is moderately annoying but I suppose they're going to have to have their moment once more this year. The past few years including last year if this same scenario happened we would have gotten our #### kicked, and that says a lot about the growth and maturity of our team especially the defense. After that long pass I wasn't sure the defense could hold but they stood up and did something I'm not sure any of our recent defenses could have done. We can find a way to win a game where the ##### hits the fan and that was definitely not something we could say the past 3+ years.

Kind of reminded me of the BC game last year. We couldnt

Oct 12, 2014, 5:46 PM

do anything on offense hardly and the defense won that game too

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it even remotely possible

Oct 12, 2014, 4:19 PM

That maybe the team on the other sideline might be good too? Or that they might want to win? Or that they have good coaches as well?

I find it hilarious how people like you and tigerking inherently discredit the other team when making these arguments. For a kid that didn't take a single live snap all week in practice, with a hurt shoulder, to be called on in the middle of battle against the number one defense in the country, I thought he played pretty darn well and made just enough plays for us to give our defense critical rest and put some FG's on the board. Was he perfect? No. Was Watson? No. It's football, not xbox.

Maybe, just maybe, we grinded out a win against a very good football team. Without our starting QB. Or starting center. Or starting tackle. Or our best WR coming into the year. Or our starting WILL linebacker.

You're an idiot.

Re: Is it even remotely possible

Oct 12, 2014, 4:34 PM

> That maybe the team on the other sideline might be
> good too? Or that they might want to win? Or that
> they have good coaches as well?
>
> I find it hilarious how people like you and tigerking
> inherently discredit the other team when making these
> arguments. For a kid that didn't take a single live
> snap all week in practice, with a hurt shoulder, to
> be called on in the middle of battle against the
> number one defense in the country, I thought he
> played pretty darn well and made just enough plays
> for us to give our defense critical rest and put some
> FG's on the board. Was he perfect? No. Was Watson?
> No. It's football, not xbox.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, we grinded out a win against a
> very good football team. Without our starting QB. Or
> starting center. Or starting tackle. Or our best WR
> coming into the year. Or our starting WILL
> linebacker.
>
> You're an idiot.

UL I'd absolutely a solid football team with very good coaches. And I wasn't piling on Stoudt, the exact opposite in fact. I thought he did well enough for us to win going away. The only reason it was close were the decisions made by the 2 I referenced. Reading comprehension my friend.

Oh that's odd

Oct 12, 2014, 4:55 PM

I could've sworn by "who put the game in more jeopardy" you were insinuating that someone on our team was doing a poor job, instead of crediting the other team with making plays and good coaching decisions.

Reading comprehension, my friend.

Re: Oh that's odd***

Oct 12, 2014, 5:06 PM

Re: Oh that's odd

Oct 12, 2014, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Oh that's odd ]

> I could've sworn by "who put the game in more
> jeopardy" you were insinuating that someone on our
> team was doing a poor job, instead of crediting the
> other team with making plays and good coaching
> decisions.
>
>
> Reading comprehension, my friend.

Care to defend shotgun IN SYGL or the 4th down decision? That's a 14 point swing to the other team. UL is good, but we are on a different level personnel wise. Their coaching and our lack of made the game close.

My take

Oct 12, 2014, 6:42 PM

1) 14 pt swing? That makes no sense. A 14 pt swing would be if we threw an interception or fumbled as we're about to score and they return it for a TD.

2) If what you mean is we left pts on the field on the 2 plays you mentioned. Well, sure, but only the 4 pt difference between the TD and the FG we scored on our penultimate possession.

3) You can't begin to blame coaching on the end of the first half, unless you believe Cole wasn't taught and reminded the situation.

4) BTW, I'm not a fan of going for it at all on our own 40 up by a TD with our defense. I'd punt their every time.

5) But, their coaches made a real mistake on their last drive when they spiked the ball on 3rd down (and also when they ran on 2nd down). The spike happened (though it shouldn't have) because they felt panicked about the running clock (though 30 seconds is more than enough time to get 2 plays off), and the running clock was the result of the run. There was no reason for them to feel the panic and spike the ball there. Call the same play they ran on 4th down and they get another shot. It halved their chances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take

Oct 12, 2014, 7:33 PM

Thanks Tom for legit response. 14 point swing would be us getting td under center and them not driving length of field for another (they scored shortly after the failed 4th down). That's 14 points directly attributed to our coaches imo. Of course we could plays ifs and buts, but assuming no turnover by us and them not driving the field (which they didn't do all day), 14 is the optimum. And with our defense, you punt every time. Agreed. Offensive minded coaches often fall into these traps.

who cares?

Oct 12, 2014, 4:22 PM

cracker jack

I thought we won?!?! ...........

Oct 12, 2014, 4:27 PM

Oh, we did? Then job well done by all. A W is a W. I don't care how. Just like an L is an L when we played great (outplayed) #1 FSU at their house. It's not exactly easy to win ANY college football game.

Who are 3 people that have 100X the football IQ of poster?***

Oct 12, 2014, 4:48 PM

Re: Who are 3 people that have 100X the football IQ of poster?***

Oct 12, 2014, 4:51 PM

You will be hard pressed to get a response today...They are all at work

Correct!

Oct 12, 2014, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Who are 3 people that have 100X the football IQ of poster?*** ]

Ok, lets finish go ahead and finish off, "Dumb Questions & Great Responses" for $2,000 Alex.

Well, I'd have to say...

Oct 12, 2014, 5:45 PM

the woohooers are to blame. If not for them DW wouldn't have gotten hurt and we'd have scored 50. I think they are probably responsible for Cole's not being able to practice last week too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Dabo Morris

Oct 12, 2014, 6:31 PM

OP is a #### loving loser too ashamed of USC to get a real screen name.

Express Coot you are fooling no one.

null

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic