Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Carroll says all questions on Clowney have been answered - but one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Feb 7, 2011, 2:49 PM

TigerNet talked to Jadeveon Clowney's coach, Bobby Carroll, about where the nation's one number prospects recruiting stands now and what has allowed Clemson to make a such late surge. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Carroll says all questions on Clowney have been answered - but one

Feb 7, 2011, 2:52 PM

Thanks for posting.Good read.

Don't ask for the spotlight by delaying the decision then

Feb 7, 2011, 2:55 PM

squint when the lights hit your eyes. If JC wanted not to be the center of attention he should have committed and moved on during NSD. Unless ESPN is putting him up to all this, he's getting what he wanted.

Maybe....just maybe.....

Feb 7, 2011, 3:12 PM

his delaying the decision has nothing to do with wanting to be the center of attention and everything to do with the fact that he really needed and wanted more time to make a life altering decision. Afterall, NSD is not the only day players can sign. It's merely the first day.

Is it really that unreasonable to think that could be why he has stopped taking calls. Perhaps he just wants time to fully evaluate his options in order to make an educated well thoughout decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes that's a possibility and if Trey bodes well for us.***

Feb 7, 2011, 3:26 PM

Oops, Trey=true.

Feb 7, 2011, 3:27 PM

Autocorrect and poor review strike again.

Bear in mind....

Feb 7, 2011, 3:36 PM

Clemson was not really a factor with him until after he took an official visit just a few days before National Signing Day so it's not unreasonable that he may need more time to consider his options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Maybe....just maybe.....

Feb 7, 2011, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Maybe....just maybe..... ]

Exactly. Maybe this is a teenager wiser than his years who's giving the proper amount of consideration to a very important decision. Let us not forget that Clemson has only recently been a serious player in his recruitment. I can't see any evidence that this kid is milking the situation for attention's sake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Maybe....just maybe.....

Feb 7, 2011, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Maybe....just maybe..... ]

I want him to make that kind of decision, because if he does, we are definitely ahead of the coots. Our history and tradition leave no room for them in a choice between the 2 schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2011, 2:57 PM

So is Alabama still in it or not?

Feb 7, 2011, 2:57 PM

Best part of the interview as JC has already said he want to play 3 years and go pro.

"I asked Carroll if it was Clowney’s relationship with Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney that had allowed the Tigers to make a late surge, and he said that was only part of the reason."

“That is probably part of it. But I think most of his rapport with Clemson is because of the NFL defensive linemen that have gone to Clemson, with first round picks. I think that reputation really has a lot to do with it.”

Feb 7, 2011, 3:52 PM

HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.....HE WANTS TO GO PRO IN THREE YEARS......HE KNOWS OF THE DEF LINEMEN WHO HAS GONE TO THE NFL FROM CLEMSON....HE ALSO KNOWS OF THE GREAT RECRUITING CLASS THAT CLEMSON SIGNED.....HE IS A SMART DUDE AND SPOKE OF THE GREAT TALENT COMING TO CLEMSONWAS AS GOOD AS HE IS.... AND WOULD BE FUN TO PLAY WITH....I POSTED THIS A DAY OR TWO BACK......REMEMBER THE FAB 5 AT MICHIGAN(BASKETBALL, AND WHAT THEY DID)...WITH J C , CLEMSON WILL HAVE THE (((FAB 6))AT TIGERVILLE....HAIL TO ALL FUTURE TIGERS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why are you yelling? We're all in the same room?***

Feb 7, 2011, 4:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

With or without him...

Feb 7, 2011, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Carroll says all questions on Clowney have been answered - but one ]

this is a heckuva class that is gonna have an impact for awhile. With him would be nice tho. :)

where?

Feb 8, 2011, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Carroll says all questions on Clowney have been answered - but one ]

so where did he say that he was going to play for 3 years and then go pro? i'm sure that is most likely the scenario but i didn't assume that from reading the article at all.

unfortunately, it's the same for him as it is for most of these kids. there's a lot of pressure for him to go to usuck from family and friends. with that said, i think it was a great decision for him to wait... for it only helps our chances of landing him.

Feb 7, 2011, 2:58 PM

Now Mr. Carroll make sure you give Dabo NO credit

Or the campus, facilities, fan base, education, etc........****

Feb 7, 2011, 3:06 PM

Boxers or Briefs?***

Feb 7, 2011, 3:01 PM

This is so old and lame. People need to get over Clowney

Feb 7, 2011, 5:02 PM

he's one guy that may or may not be an excellent college player. It's sad that so many grown men have become obsessed with this guy. Today I tried again to listen to WCCP, but had to change because all they were talking about is Clowney. Is there nothing else happening in the sports community?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney won't qualify anyway will he???***

Feb 7, 2011, 5:46 PM

I dunno and don't care.***

Feb 7, 2011, 6:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has a #1 ever NOT qualified?******

Feb 7, 2011, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Clowney won't qualify anyway will he???*** ]

nm

Replies: 21