Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest question for board libs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Honest question for board libs

Jul 10, 2020, 4:18 PM

How do you view making 20MM illegal aliens citizens and making DC a state?

Just causes or initiatives to help make sure Dems win elections in the foreseeable future?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest question for board libs

Jul 10, 2020, 4:21 PM

elwyn07® said:

How do you view making 20MM illegal aliens citizens and making DC a state?

I view it as a good thing

Just causes or initiatives to help make sure Dems win elections in the foreseeable future?

I think these things that I have no idea what you're referring to could possibly be categorized as "both. Both causes AND initiatives.

Is this helpful?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 4:45 PM

If you are holding out hope that some liberals actually have a brain, you can stop that right now.

Jul 10, 2020, 4:53 PM

from a fiscal perspective we are better off keeping them as "illegals" because then they would be paying more into the system then taking out. I have no idea why DC should become a state, what is the reasoning here? Why is this a liberal thing?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 5:13 PM

These are Stated goals of the left... you’re Mr google, I bet you can find it on the web faster than me, but let me know if you want me to find it.

I believe if you make all illegals legal overnight (20MM) and assuming they’re not all in Cal and NY, the dems will win every presidential election for the foreseeable future.

I also believe if you make DC a state it’s a guaranteed 2 extra D’s in the senate at least.

I believe these are the goals... political advantage, not just causes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 5:55 PM

these are the stated goals of the left that are in your head. stop asking silly questions. :)

Yeah it’s all in our heads

Jul 10, 2020, 6:18 PM

my lord, what next?

Jul 10, 2020, 6:25 PM

Re: my lord, what next?

Jul 10, 2020, 6:30 PM

aww poor Bill

I'm still just a Bill, sitting here on capital hill, recycling

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 10, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to my lord, what next? ]

Jul 10, 2020, 6:44 PM

I know 'ight, cause Maryland was such a GOP Stronghold, but making DC a State would somehow shift those demographics all around, if it were nothing more than a shiny ball to begin with.

Huh

Jul 10, 2020, 6:49 PM

This is from Biden page...

Jul 10, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest question for board libs ]

Also think Murcielago® MAY be the infamous P&R TD’er. Just a guess...

Message removed by Author

Jul 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

Message removed by Author

True dat

Jul 10, 2020, 6:44 PM

Re: This is from Biden page...

Jul 10, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to This is from Biden page... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a chuckle out of me.***

Jul 10, 2020, 8:29 PM

It's part of the plan the Biden/Sanders unity task force...

Jul 10, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Honest question for board libs ]

includes making all illegals legal citizens, giving them a vote and healthcare. I presume it provides illegals with all the social benefits which are available to citizen now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DACA yes. DC statehood no. Why...

Jul 10, 2020, 6:20 PM

America has always embraced immigrants... that Statue of Liberty thing. (Now that might be one statue the Trumpers want to topple!)

Go back 40 years and Reagan had insight into the future ... the Hispanic populations would increase. Their religious and cultural values align with what were the legacy Republican positions. Trump has turned rabid Nationalism into policy that allienates Hispanic communities. The economic and cultural rationale for this is simply a mystery to me. Hard working, predominantly Catholic immigrants who work entry level positions in the economy should be Republicans based on conservative values.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DACA yes. DC statehood no. Why...

Jul 10, 2020, 6:23 PM

Agree

Jul 10, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to DACA yes. DC statehood no. Why... ]

I think leftists have done a great job in delivering their massage to Mexicans in particular- where the right has not... at all. Maybe the church has some with the pro-life movement, but the political side has been absent.

Btw- +1 for an honest answer. Thank You!

He offered DACA citizenship and the house...

Jul 10, 2020, 7:47 PM [ in reply to DACA yes. DC statehood no. Why... ]

of representin rejected his offer. All he asked was a legitimate immigration plan.

I know of no one who wants to see DACA folks deported and I believe everyone wants them to have a path to citizenship. I want to see all illegals have a path to citizenship too and would gladly see a bill which provided that with stipulation that they obey the law for a period of time no less than five years before they can apply.

I've made that proposal in great detail here and not one person wanted to discuss it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

libbies dont want immigration reform***

Jul 10, 2020, 8:44 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

what 'rabid policy that 'allienates' Hispanic communities'?***

Jul 10, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to DACA yes. DC statehood no. Why... ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Jul 10, 2020, 7:47 PM

I think making them all citizens right now would be undesirable and impossible. Providing a clear path to citizenship is better than the current system, but we need to enforce the laws, deport people not following that path to citizenship, and crack down on businesses that continue to hire undocumented immigrants.

Making DC a state: No. I understand that DC citizens pay taxes without the same congressional representation as citizens of States, and that sucks, but there's a reason for it: the purpose of DC is to keep the home of the federal government separate from any State.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, sir.

Jul 10, 2020, 7:51 PM

We should not deport millions of people who are here to become Americans but we can't let them promote illegal immigration and other laws which would put one of us behind bars. If they are truly to become Americans they must be intimately familiar with our history and want to be part of this
great society.

All of the illegals I know would make fine Americans.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:59 PM

Stop referring to them as libs, they are Marxist!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2020, 5:50 AM

I support making DC a state. Why not? I am cool with making Dreamers citizens. I am not for the other illegals becoming citizens.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic