Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what is your favorite Clemson story to share
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

what is your favorite Clemson story to share

Aug 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

with family and friends that have NEVER been to Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what is your favorite Clemson story to share

Aug 21, 2018, 3:59 PM

member that time we won the natty?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which one?***

Aug 21, 2018, 5:05 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 4:01 PM

When I was a teenager and my dad ( Class of 50) would bring us to Tigerama and Homecoming. We always enjoyed the fireworks display of Tigerama. One year, the first firework station was lit and we saw a figure running as fast as can be away from it. Next thing you know, boom! boom! boom !- all the displays were going one after the other. It was NOT designed to be that way but it certainly made for an interested if somewhat shortened version of the fireworks show. Death Valley was lit up like it was daytime.
Good times. I miss those days coming to Clemson with my dad.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 4:53 PM

When my son was in 8th grade (2008) we took our first trip to Clemson. We were there with friends who were there with a guy who had played there in the early 90s. Don't remember his name - think he was a long snapper. He took us to an area where former players meet before home games. We got to meet Jeff Davis. The kids got to go down on the field before the game and be at the bottom of the hill for the team entrance. I'd never been there so I wasn't expecting that. Clemson lost to Maryland that day and Bowden lost his job shortly afterwards. But it was a great experience. So Go Tigers (unless they're playing the Dawgs)!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, here's one

Aug 21, 2018, 5:07 PM

I love taking people to Clemson for the first time. I have been going to games for 40 years, and my son has been going with me for about half of those. A few years ago (maybe 2011), I decided to invite a buddy of his down the street and his dad, both casual Clemson fans but who had never attended a game, with us. Well, the dad had a conflict and couldn't go. We had one ticket available, and there is a neighbor across the street who is our neighborhood "get off of my lawn" guy, but he is a huge Florida State fan (our opponent that day). As a lark, I told my son to go and invite him to join us, knowing he would slam the door in his face. Oddly, he accepted.

I had never spent more than 10 minutes with the dude, and it is a four hour drive to Clemson from home. Also, we were making a weekend of it, spending two nights near Table Rock. Long story shorter, we all had a blast, and it wasn't the slightest bit awkward. He loved Clemson! He is back to his cantankerous self, but for a couple of days, that grinch's heart grew 3 sizes.

Footnote: I took the other kid's parents, also neither of whom had attended a game before, the next season. They now go to 3 or 4 games a year, and wear Tiger gear almost every day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic