Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what has HJ done on the field that makes him so much better than ZC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

what has HJ done on the field that makes him so much better than ZC?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:08 PM

Can I get some examples? Because the way tnet talks about this situation, you would think HJ has thrown for 500 yards and 6 tds in limited action and ZC has passed for 100 yards with no tds and 5 ints. But that’s not the case. The numbers are pretty even. So can I get an explanation? Is it really that one 37 yard td drive that makes y’all think he’s Tom freaking Brady?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what has HJ done on the field that makes him so much better than ZC?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:09 PM

Not suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 8:12 PM

Neither has cooper. 10 for 14 for 88 yards in his first real game action. How is that sucking? It’s not amazing, but HJ hasn’t done anything amazing.

HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:13 PM

Made nice throws and won that game for us. ZC was pulled after 2 series of awful throws and tentative play.

Re: HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:16 PM

Haha, you think HJ won that wf game? Haha. That’s a new one.

Name me the plays where he looked poised in the pocket vs wf.

Seriously ?? He was poised every single snap, did you watch ?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:32 PM

Gotta do better than dream up reality, I actually watch and observe the games. Cooper does not look good on throws downfield, would you not agree ?? Throwing screens and dump offs, nothing proven from that. Do you think the well underthrown balls or way overthrown balls are better than what you've seen in much less action for Hunter Johnson ??

I'm wondering if you honestly think Zerrick is better than Hunter based on what we've seen in the small samples of action he has had ?? I am not 100% sure Hunter is better option, but last night ZC handed ball to ETN for the long TD run and not much else.

Re: Seriously ?? He was poised every single snap, did you watch ?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:42 PM

Ummm. You do realize HJ has not completed a downfield pass, right? All he has completed are screens and out routes and 1 twelve yard pop pass.

I’m not saying cooper is better. All I’m saying is nobody on tnet has any way to know HJ is any better.

Why recruit the #1 QB if you don't plan on giving him a chance

Oct 14, 2017, 8:52 PM

when we obviously need some kind of spark is my question ?? HJ has looked good when he has played so when Cooper struggles with throws let's see if our #1 recruit might be able to throw it better. My reasoning is sound, do not understand why you wouldn't agree ? If HJ stinks it up, put Cooper back in there and maybe sitting and watching HJ gives him confidence that it appears he needs. I don't see any hurt in giving HJ the start in Ga Tech game but we all know Cooper gets the start, it's Dabos way.

Re: Seriously ?? He was poised every single snap, did you watch ?

Oct 14, 2017, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously ?? He was poised every single snap, did you watch ? ]

Is this including the TD to Cannon Smith or not?

Oct 14, 2017, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF. ]

I went back & looked at the Wake game last Sunday because i was curious what each actually did.

My take away was HJ is a lot smoother than ZC. His passes seem to always be in the right spot. Away from defenders where his guy gets it or nobody does.

Dabo also made specific mention of HJ checking out 2 or 3 run plays & into better pass plays.

Last night ZC ran running plays with 9 in the box. Either he doesn't recognize it or isn't confident enough to change play. When he got drilled by the DE in 3rd qtr the line was run blocking to the left, the DE was left unblocked like you do on stretch zone plays to the left, ZC pulled the ball to pass and got drilled because the line, the back, & the QB weren't on the same page.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all ZC throws were short.then #13 made circus chatches

Oct 14, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF. ]

Johnson looked in command and passes were on point.They say he is fast,thou I haven't seen him run.we need a running threat at QB

Re: all ZC throws were short.then #13 made circus chatches

Oct 14, 2017, 8:29 PM

HJ hasn’t completed one pass over 15 yards. Also he has never been put in a real, game on the line situation. How do you know he’s better than ZC?

Re: all ZC throws were short.then #13 made circus chatches

Oct 14, 2017, 9:15 PM

Stop being obtuse.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:27 PM [ in reply to HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF. ]

Also ZC was given a series, the HJ got 2, then ZC was given another one. He was never pulled for making bad throws.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:11 PM

Lexitiger is the deep State hired to shut it down

Oct 14, 2017, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: HJ looked poised in the pocket w/anticipation vs WF. ]

Lexitiger is the deep State hired to shut it down

Oct 14, 2017, 9:13 PM

I don’t know what that means.

He led a TD drive on Wake

Oct 14, 2017, 8:14 PM

Wake!!!!! And threw the ball in the air 15 yards in doing so!!!

Re: He led a TD drive on Wake

Oct 14, 2017, 8:17 PM

Glad to see someone other than the coaching staff and me understands this.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:16 PM

...HJ had it last week...we all saw it as plain as we saw it after DW threw that bomb against UGA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 8:21 PM

Haha. He completed 2 out routes, a wr screen, and a pop pass to the TE that went 12 yards in the air and was as wide open as they come (also his primary read, so he was looking at him when he got the snap) for a 37 yard td drive. Cole stoudt could do that in his sleep. If that’s “having it” then you should watch jt barrett. That was nothing like DW against Georgia, and it’s hilarious you would think that.

Why are you so bitter about Johnson leading the

Oct 14, 2017, 8:18 PM

TD drive against WF? Isn’t that what MOST fans want to see??? Would love to have seen another last night!!

Re: Why are you so bitter about Johnson leading the

Oct 14, 2017, 8:23 PM

I love the td drive. I’m just smart enough to know that didn’t make him the second coming of Aaron Rodgers like these morons on tnet are making it out to be. Shocker you can’t figure that out.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:29 PM

Well, look at it this way. Zerrick Cooper can't hit the broad side of a barn when we need a 3rd down conversion. I've seen him throw 4 balls more than 5 yards from the intended receiver the last 2 times he's played. He has shown the knack for failing. Until Hunter shows that in game action, Hunter is the best option in my opinion. I'm going by what has happened in real game action, not what people say happens in practice. I was at the Georgia game where Watson showed out and I was also in Syracuse last night where Cooper couldn't get it done. I left the game with the feeling I did at the Georgia game. We played the inferior quarterback option.

SJT

Shown a knack for failing?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:32 PM

He hasn't even played a full game yet

Oct 14, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you so bitter about Johnson leading the ]

How can you leave feeling like the inferior qb played when you have no idea how the other qb actually plays? He’s never been tested like cooper was last night. He could have thrown 2 pick sixes for all we know. That’s all I’m trying to say. Nobody on this board knows if HJ is better than ZC. Two series against Wake forest doesn’t show anyone who the better qb is.

Not shocked that you can’t get over Johnson leading the TD

Oct 14, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you so bitter about Johnson leading the ]

Drive. Might want to post it another dozen times!

Re: Not shocked that you can’t get over Johnson leading the TD

Oct 14, 2017, 8:39 PM

Haha. You really are a #####. Obviously you can’t comprehend anything I have said because you keep saying the same thing over and over.

LOL, I would be worried if I did comprehend anything you

Oct 14, 2017, 8:49 PM

post!! Especially Johnson being the inferior QB, lol!!

Re: LOL, I would be worried if I did comprehend anything you

Oct 14, 2017, 8:54 PM

Once again, if after reading this thread that’s what you’ve gotten out of what I’ve said, I can’t argue with you because stupid has already won, and you just can’t fix stupid.

no ,but should make him 2nd string***

Oct 14, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you so bitter about Johnson leading the ]

Last time I checked HJ Is a FR who came in a semester early

Oct 14, 2017, 8:43 PM

After being recognized by recruiting sites and Elite 11 as the top passing high school QB, and the only QB at the Nike Opening to achieve 1st team ranking in America, he was MVP of Army All-American Bowl. As a freshman, that's the best HJ can do. If that shows no potential to you, I'm good with that.

Did we miss ZC who also has not played much at Clemson being named the best high school QB in the country? Elite 11 and Nike The Opening hosts the top QB's in the country. There is high pressure at these camps. All teams/players ranked HJ as top passer not on their team. Did you notice this team needs a passer?

Ayn Rand wrote "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone." So lets just leave it there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last time I checked HJ Is a FR who came in a semester early

Oct 14, 2017, 8:48 PM

All of that pre college stuff is just grand, but means absolutely nothing after he steps foot on campus. I’ve seen you mention this elite 11 stuff all day like it validates him as a can’t miss first round draft pick. Just realize Sean white was an elite 11 mvp. That tells you everything you need to know about ho useless that competition is.

If this pre college all star can’t beat out ZC after months of practice, that must mean ZC would have conquered the world of all star camps.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:55 PM

They act like ZC wasn't a highly recruited guy himself. I say wait until after he gets this bye week practicing with number 1s and at least a half against GT before proclaiming him a bust. Playcalling didn't help the offense either. You all are expecting a freshmen to come in and throw dots all over the field when the team had already shown they had abandoned the run. Also Some of you people said Watson was overrated a few times when he had a rough game. Tnet is looking like FGF right now. It's sad we as a fan base are better than this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 14, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Last time I checked HJ Is a FR who came in a semester early ]

Alright you Cooper pumper. How many touchdowns has he thrown? We are WRU and Johnson is a 5 star No. 1 pocket passer in the country entering into Clemson at the time. Cooper can be 20 of 22 passing but if he can’t throw vertical deep balls accurate it’s meaningless. Not trying to bust your bubble, and I do think Cooper has the arm strength but I think Hunter is better with the accuracy.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:05 PM

How many tds has Johnson thrown? Also Johnson has never competed a downfield pass, so you have no clue if he can do any better than cooper. Jesus I’m not saying cooper is the answer, I just don’t get why y’all think Johnson is when you haven’t seen anything out of him to validate that.

LOL, miss that downfield TD pass to Smith?***

Oct 14, 2017, 9:14 PM

Yes

Oct 14, 2017, 8:50 PM

---

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 8:56 PM

i don't think anyone is saying johnson is DW4 2.0 at this point. there can be no doubt, however, that the moment is too big for ZC. very clear in his play. in his first appearances, he was throwing worm burners and since, he's graduated to Dechane Cameron air balls. not saying he is not an excellent young man, just that he's not ready to perform at this level.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:57 PM

...and so...you move to the next man...

He was 10-14 with a Cain drop last night

Oct 14, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: what has HJ done on the field that makes him so much better than ZC? ]

71.4% completion percentage. He missed bad on a couple. He was not why we lost last night

Cooper, in limited action, has missed WR's by

Oct 14, 2017, 9:04 PM

5-10 yards at least 3 times that I know of. Johnson commanded the offense in his limited action, was 100% against WF, and led the best looking drive we had. Hunter Johnson has ONE incompletion at Clemson, more yards per attempt. Cooper is barely 60% passing, with the same type of plays ran that Johnson plays.

Re: Cooper, in limited action, has missed WR's by

Oct 14, 2017, 9:08 PM

Johnson has not been asked to do nearly as much as cooper has either. You have no clue if he can do better, even after watching him complete some out routes against Wake forest.

What has he been asked to do

Oct 14, 2017, 9:17 PM

Finish the game after the starter got knocked out? Does being asked to do something make one capable of doing it? If I am asked to be an astronaut, does that make me said astronaut?

I believe the board has given definitive, objective answers to your question; however, you already have your mind made that you are correct. I do have a clue that Johnson could do better, and that is not based only on my observations against WF. It is his body of work. If High School does not matter, I guess we should not be recruiting Trevor Lawrence; I mean, all those HS stats do not mean a thing.... Right? Do not ask the question if you do not want the answer.

Re: What has he been asked to do

Oct 14, 2017, 9:34 PM

What has he been asked to do? Play a meaningful snap while Johnson has not. I thought that was obvious. You can’t list stats, like you did, to compare the two when HJ has only played garbage minutes. There’s a huge difference when the game is on the line. Again I figured that would be obvious.

And the board hasn’t given me ####. Just the same bs they’ve been saying all day, Johnson looked good against Wake. His 5 pass performance. If that’s enough for y’all to know HJ is the answer, I just can’t argue. I guess Dabo and Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott and I just don’t know football like you all stars. If those few dink and dunk passes make you just know HJ can handle protections, know the playbook, handle blitz pick up, check out of bad plays, then I bow to you and wish I could shake your hand.

The last part about high school just isn’t worth commenting on.

So being asked to do something does make you capable

Oct 14, 2017, 9:39 PM

Hallelujah, I am going to the moon!

I think Einstein had a comment about people like you that repeatedly did the same thing and expected a different outcome.

So really, you do not think we should recruit Trevor Lawrence?

Re: So being asked to do something does make you capable

Oct 14, 2017, 9:43 PM

Dude, wow. I’m not sure how you’re missing the point, but oh well. I don’t care.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:06 PM

For me it's more about how bad Cooper has looked bouncing balls in front of open receivers vs wake and ten feet over their head vs Syracuse. HJ looked good in his limited time vs wake. He may not be great but his limited action looked better than Cooper. Oh, by the way, he's not just another 4 star he was the number one pro-style passer in the country coming in and has done nothing to show me that was inacurate. I want to see more with Coopers average at best performance.

couple of underwhelming throws by cooper that seem to have

Oct 14, 2017, 9:56 PM

no zip. Not so much what I have seen from Hunter, but what I have seen from Cooper. Just want to be sure the best guy is playing. If it's Cooper, so be it. They should have both played entire game, best man win

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:09 PM

This may or may not be exact but I think HJ had two series vs wake and ZC had three. HJ led one scoring drive and ZC led 0. I'm not saying HJ has been overwhelmingly better, but he did enough to earn a shot. Maybe a series to see what would happen. I don't want to second guess the coaches tho. They do a great job. Maybe HJ doesn't know as much of the system as the coaches would like to send him in with the game on the line

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic