Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what happens if we beat ND, and they win the rest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 2,827

what happens if we beat ND, and they win the rest

Sep 25, 2015, 1:32 PM

of their games...

I'm not sure the committee would want a rematch in the playoffs...

wood a one-loss ND team get in over an undefeated Clemson just to avoid a rematch?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: what happens if we beat ND, and they win the rest

Sep 25, 2015, 1:33 PM

york: No way a 1 loss ND gets i n and an undefeated tiger team is left out!

"if"? FGF ---->

Sep 25, 2015, 1:33 PM

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would Game Day even come to a rematch?***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

If nothing else, a Clemson win wood knock ND out of the

Sep 25, 2015, 1:36 PM

ACC Championship Gane

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

is notre dame

Sep 25, 2015, 1:37 PM

counting our game as an acc game this year?

could be important for national perception and whatnot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I'm begining to think the mange knows nothing about football.***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:37 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

What took you so long?***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No rematch.. We'd be #1 and they'd be #3***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think ole miss will be #2?***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:40 PM

Either them or scu...***

Sep 25, 2015, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. That only happens to Big XII team.....

Sep 25, 2015, 1:41 PM

;)

No way ND ever gets into the playoffs. . Ever

Sep 25, 2015, 1:42 PM

I got a secret source on the committee who said no independent will ever trump a power five team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^ Not sure if sirius York ^

Sep 25, 2015, 1:43 PM

Everyone knows 2 big 12 Schools will get in. We'll be fine

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I think it is a valid question. O'kay ND wins them all after

Sep 25, 2015, 1:55 PM

losing to us--They are 11-1. Meanwhile we get it done against the rest of our ACC schedule and in our conference champion game. We are 13-0.

But then ND has games spanning the country from different conferences--good, solid wins. And their competition was "so much better than all that ACC stuff." Meanwhile Clemson is from the conference they said would not represent--and they use our schedule against us. Plus there is no FSU this year--the expected team at the table. So, the national boys take the national team-ND for the playoff spot--while also picking the conference champs from 3 of the other Power 5 conferences and we are high and dry in a big bowl but without a chance for the playoffs. I hope I did not just write a self-fulfilling story of how this will play out.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

my thoughts ed zachary aThomas

Sep 25, 2015, 1:58 PM

ESPN hates us

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Which if it did play out like that . . . then why the heck

Sep 25, 2015, 2:03 PM

does the ACC need ND--to come in and steal a spot from a true ACC team? Or if the ACC schedule is so weak then why should ND pretend and even play ACC teams?

again.... this discussion is the reason i trust tnet for

Sep 25, 2015, 2:05 PM

all my football information

How is there no FSU this year?

Sep 25, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to I think it is a valid question. O'kay ND wins them all after ]

FSU is still FSU and still hasn't lost in the regular season in quite some time. If our team runs the table, it is very possible to have two wins over teams that only lost to us. The hope is the winner of the Coastal division doesn't have 3 or more losses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be three SEC teams and ND.

Sep 25, 2015, 1:59 PM

They stick ND in there to make sure two SEC teams win in the first round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There will be three SEC teams and ND.

Sep 25, 2015, 2:11 PM

The only scenario an undefeated Clemson doesn't make the playoff is if the other four Power 5 Conference champions are undefeated.

lay off the booze and get pawsitive!***

Sep 25, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to There will be three SEC teams and ND. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A better question is

Sep 25, 2015, 2:13 PM

Would a 4 loss SEC team get in over an undefeated Clemson team?

I think it would be unlikely that the playoff

Sep 25, 2015, 5:27 PM

committee, even with ESPN there giving them handjobs under the table, could in good conscience pick a 1-loss ND team over the undefeated team that beat them.

That'd be a very tough sell to fans in all conferences. It would send a statement that head to head wins don't matter.

They get an sec mulligan just like the sec teams so yes***

Sep 25, 2015, 6:05 PM

Smart post by OP. Career guessing....astrophysicist?***

Sep 25, 2015, 7:52 PM

Lol. No chance***

Sep 25, 2015, 7:53 PM

If we're undefeated, I can't imagine ND being in ahead of us

Sep 25, 2015, 8:17 PM

I don't think the committee would be that stupid. I can't imagine an undefeated Clemson being left out, unless all the other Big Five conference winners are also undefeated, and that is highly unlikely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

York- My take is we win out to go to CFB Playoff or don't go

Sep 25, 2015, 9:39 PM

Big 12 has "squatter's rights" to 4-team playoff based on exclusion last year. Committee will want to even it out. Based on FSU meltdown last year against Oregon, committee has built-in reasoning to exclude one-loss ACC team against a one-loss Big 10, Pac 12, SEC or Big 12 team. We can make it by winning out - no doubt. Clearly a big hill. Anyway that's my humble projection.

Simply stated......NO!***

Sep 25, 2015, 9:42 PM

Re: Simply stated......NO!*** thanks! finally!***

Sep 25, 2015, 10:09 PM

With respect to all on this thread

Sep 26, 2015, 12:30 AM

We still have a long way to go before we worry about the conspiracy. We will definitely be undefeated still this week. That's always a plus and someone may fall. Ok. Then on to as Dabo would say, the biggest game on the schedule, the next game. Happens to be ND. Then the Bees, and then.. the murderers row of the ACC this year in my opinion. Folks we have a TOUGH schedule this year. We have the talent to be special, but we DO need some luck to keep everyone healthy. I am afraid of every game until the week before Carolina. First two weeks were a breeze, but starting with Louisville and up till the cuse or wake game it's tough. Miami could be the Coastal team, or maybe Duke. Hard to say. BC can play hellacious D. NC State has historically been a thorn in our side on magic runs. I believe we can win every one of those games if we don't have any more big injuries, but let's take it one week at a time. For now, Go Tigers, beat Open!

Re: what happens if we beat ND, and they win the rest

Sep 26, 2015, 1:20 AM

What about a 7 loss Arkansas team? Remember, they were the "trendy" pick to win the SEC West because they won their last 2 games to end last season...

It's be hard for the committee to overlook what Bert Beliema is doing down there.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Replies: 32
| visibility 2,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic